Traveling fairs!

Tim Dasco

11 hours ago, Wil_i_am_not said:

Need to correct myself there haha, the unit in WA (and I'm assuming all other units) are manufactured by S&W Rides of U.K. Unsure of what other rides they manufacture as I can't seem to find any information about them online.

yeah i found that info on a few pages but couldn't find anything on S&W rides anywhere

• 2 weeks later...

So Royal Melbourne Show ride list is out:

Coca Cola Carnival:

• The Beast
  • The Sky Wheel
  • Nitro Coaster
  • Alien Abduction
  • Breakdance
  • Crazy Spinning Coaster
  • Extreme
  • F1 Euro Slide
  • The Hangover
  • Freestyle
  • Hollywood Horrors
  • Drive Time Dodgems
  • Rebel
  • Rock N Roll
  • Rockstar
  • Sky Flyer
  • Kamikaze
  • Hard Rock
  • Dodgem Cars
  • Dragon Castle
  • XScream Sound Wave
  • Bungee Tramps

Adventure Carnival:

• Pirates Adventure
  • Pirates Revenge
  • The Spook
  • Crazy Cars
  • Cliff Hanger
  • Deluxe Sizzler
  • Hurricane Ride
  • The Pirate Ship
  • Big Bubble Bump
  • Double Decker Carousel
  • Wave Swinger
  • Outback monster Trucks
  • Euro Wheel
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Spotty said:

Interesting line up this year...No limit doesn't appear to be going, along with Space Roller. Strange seeing the Hurricane going this year though.

No limit went to perth last year instead. Space roller also did perth but hasn't for the last 2 years. Interesting to see the mega drop not going to RMS, will be interesting to see if that comes back to Perth.

• 2 weeks later...

So given on a Park ride every bolt is replaced for new every time it is removed/inserted and critical pins NDTd every time they are removed...

How much of a farce are these safety checks? Like these rides are literally smacked together every other week. Call it a big Nope for me getting on one.

Edited by djrappa

• 7 months later...
8 minutes ago, Gazza said:

Yeah when I rode it at Ekka a couple of years ago it spun stupidly fast and towards the end I was wanting it to be over.

Do many riders actually enjoy it being operated in that manner? Do they sell many re rides on those days?

I think in the beginning it was probably operated at full speed for too long. I think with a mix of full speed and moderate, it gives a more enjoyable ride when you get those quick bursts of full speed without it making you sick. I think now, from what I saw at Sydney it doesn't go full speed at all during a cycle. Same goes with the Beast, too much spinning and you get people coming off sick and generally looking like it was torture, just gotta find that balance to make it enjoyable without making you sick and wanting you to ride again!

• 2 months later...

Looks like theres also a new set of dodgems for the kids carnival, as well as 2 new fun-houses - 'Pirates Nest,' which looks to be quite good and 'Enchanted Circus' which did Sydney this year, and was one of my favourites. It's strange seeing an influx of funhouses at the moment, guess they bring in the money, which is what the owners want. Hope they both do well. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Wil_i_am_not said:

It's strange seeing an influx of funhouses at the moment, guess they bring in the money, which is what the owners want. Hope they both do well. 

That could be due to the increased focus both regulatory and public on ride safety. Funhouses have less risk, less moving parts and therefore require less “work” and are accessible to a larger demographic 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Brad2912 said:

That could be due to the increased focus both regulatory and public on ride safety. Funhouses have less risk, less moving parts and therefore require less “work” and are accessible to a larger demographic 

But nothing to do with Insurance premiums for Rides at the EKKA spiralling out of control right?

^ same @Brad2912 - just 2 in my immediate family and already we are looking at $70 just to get in the door!

Without trying too hard, we will throw $300 on said day and one that just cannot justify in the fun budget for any given August I'm afraid. Not to mention the cold/flu bugs that the event is notorious for.🤒🤕🥳 🤧😷

• Like 1