Traveling fairs!

Tim Dasco

On 31/08/2022 at 12:54 PM, joz said:

I've never been on a Rainbow. I've been curious to know what all the hype is about for a very long time. Will absolutely give it ago if one comes out. No chance it will live up to the hype but man, curious as all hell

On 31/08/2022 at 12:58 PM, Gazza said:

100%.

Heard about it for years, it was only ever at the Sydney Show (right?) so difficult to get a chance to try it.

The other day I realised I've never been on a Zipper either!

Yeah I have been on the one at the Royal Easter Show in the early 2000's. Yeah they are definitely like a music trip on sterioids but the airtime that you receive on these is phenomenal. They give a really smooth ride ( which is what Huss rides of that generation are known for) and they look quite intimidating with the height they can achieve. However, they are certainly not too intense- they are definitely a family friendly thrill ride. 

What made these rides were the uniqueness of the restraints ( or lack thereof). Basically they simply consisted of a buzz bar that lowered in front of you that you could hold onto but gave you ample room for movement- both laterally and in airtime. No seatbelts. Thats what made these rides sooo much fun.  @HussRainbow87do you know if the restraints have to be altered at all to conform to any new Australian safety compliance since it last operated?

I was completely disappointed when i found out that the Rainbow was originally meant to be sold to LPS instead of the Ranger. It would have been hands down the most popular ride in the park. Heheh- I dont think @HussRainbow87 would agree that it would have been better at situated at LPS!! But man the missed opportunities to re-ride a Rainbow- at night- with THAT backdrop for a visual. That would take some beating!! Such a missed opportunity!!

As for a Zipper-I also have never felt the inclination to go on one. I dont think I ever will!! 🤣

1 hour ago, Jobe said:

Yeah I have been on the one at the Royal Easter Show in the early 2000's. Yeah they are definitely like a music trip on sterioids but the airtime that you receive on these is phenomenal. They give a really smooth ride ( which is what Huss rides of that generation are known for) and they look quite intimidating with the height they can achieve. However, they are certainly not too intense- they are definitely a family friendly thrill ride. 

What made these rides were the uniqueness of the restraints ( or lack thereof). Basically they simply consisted of a buzz bar that lowered in front of you that you could hold onto but gave you ample room for movement- both laterally and in airtime. No seatbelts. Thats what made these rides sooo much fun.  @HussRainbow87do you know if the restraints have to be altered at all to conform to any new Australian safety compliance since it last operated?

I was completely disappointed when i found out that the Rainbow was originally meant to be sold to LPS instead of the Ranger. It would have been hands down the most popular ride in the park. Heheh- I dont think @HussRainbow87 would agree that it would have been better at situated at LPS!! But man the missed opportunities to re-ride a Rainbow- at night- with THAT backdrop for a visual. That would take some beating!! Such a missed opportunity!!

As for a Zipper-I also have never felt the inclination to go on one. I dont think I ever will!! 🤣

Slight alterations, but the lap bars are staying, nothing really that will alter the overall experience of the ride. 

plus there’s always the one in Paris yearly to enjoy a proper authentic experience as I did in July this year. 

Zippers are wild, still to this day one of the best machines ever created. It’s up there with the intensity of Huss and their machines. 

20 hours ago, HussRainbow87 said:

Slight alterations, but the lap bars are staying, nothing really that will alter the overall experience of the ride. 

plus there’s always the one in Paris yearly to enjoy a proper authentic experience as I did in July this year. 

Zippers are wild, still to this day one of the best machines ever created. It’s up there with the intensity of Huss and their machines. 

Just wish the Zipper's still travelled. It's been so long since I've seen one :( Keen to get a ride on the Rainbow as soon as it's ready. I know the owners of the ride are very keen to have it running, and proud to have it in their family.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, HussRainbow87 said:

As have I haha. Don’t miss those Sky Walker days 

I know it was for sale did they end of selling it? Doesn't seem to travel much these days. Since they stoped taking Sky Walker over to Perth seems they kinda pulled out of the PRS even when they sponsor the show.

15 hours ago, Tim Dasco said:

I know it was for sale did they end of selling it? Doesn't seem to travel much these days. Since they stoped taking Sky Walker over to Perth seems they kinda pulled out of the PRS even when they sponsor the show.

Hasn't been sold, just hasn't travelled in a while due to several reasons. Will hopefully be out and about again soon though

• 1 year later...
5 minutes ago, Ashley Jeffery said:

New ride coming our way.

Loving the Jules Verne retro-space inspired theme and unique name. Exciting that it's a complete new ride type/prototype from KMG as well. Looks like a mix between a Chance Double Skydiver and a Zierer Starshape. Not sure about the single seats though....people do like to ride together, might deter some from spending the $15+ to ride.

Also, we are getting a KMG X-Drive very soon. "Dance Mix" was the first ever built/prototype X-Drive, originally built in 2019 and owned by a European showman for a few years. It appeared on usedrideseurope.com in 2023, listed as not being used since 2021. Looks like Aus Ultimate Attractions has purchased it, and is already in Aus.

9 minutes ago, TBoy said:

Intresting to see seats on both sides. It will be a bit scary sitting upsidedown while the other seats are loaded.

You won’t be stuck upside down during boarding, that’d not only be very uncomfortable, but unsafe. The seats rotate throughout the cycle, allowing for what I assume is the boarding configuration shown here:

IMG_7392.thumb.jpeg.c748896677e217d7d88272eb8fd2f1fc.jpeg

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, TBoy said:

It will be a bit scary sitting upsidedown while the other seats are loaded.

You'll be sitting up-right on the top, when the bottom side is unloading/loading. In the concept art the seats are shown to free spin. Looks like the pivot point on the back of the seat is positioned higher, such that the seats will always want to return back to an upright position when the main arm in a stationary vertical position.

image.png.e16659b6a14f2219aa96629faff3e44f.png

Still, it will be a bit scary sitting up the top while waiting, I guess it will be like the FreeStyle rides where you sit up the top while the other side loads.

Edited by TBoy