Dreamworld shifts to Pepsi drinks

Jlindsell

Yeah back in the 80's they were. They did a run out of all the coke stock earlier in the week but now it's officially changed over. Apparently it will let them offer a more diverse product range.

How does everyone feel about it ?

Don't really care to be honest. As long as they have a decent selection of drinks, I'm fine.

... would be even better if they somehow brought Dr. Pepper into the park :D

I agree so much, but Dr. Pepper isn't exactly a favourite here. Everyone I know who's tried it has hated it except for me, so I can't see it reaching mainstream selves anytime soon. Can't you also get it at the Candy Shop? Or am I mistaken?

Pepsi is cheaper than Coke but Coke tastes better. I never would buy a bottle of Coke in a theme park anyway. One thing I really don't get is why all parks charge the same price for Coke and water? Water should be cheaper not the same price as Coke!

When you get a meal deal you have to pay extra to get water instead of soft drink <_<

Can't quote for some reason...

However the reason you pay extra to get water instead of softdrink with a meal deal is that postmix soft drinks cost far less than bottles.

You wouldn't have to pay more if you asked for tap water (that's where your post mix comes from too), but you're asking for something bottled - theres a whole damn supply chain behind bringing you that PET bottle.

The costs of supplying Co2 and Syrup are far lower per cup than a bottle of tap water shipped in from elsewhere.

But why is bottled water the same price as bottled coke?

As i've explained - because the supply chain to get it to you costs just as much. And post-mix is cheaper than both to encourage you to go with a product that costs them less. The costs for bottled anything are higher as they WANT you to go with post mix. If one bottle were cheaper than another bottle, they'd likely sell more of the cheaper option.

And this isn't intended as a slight on staff - but keeping the price for a bottle the same makes the math far easier for cart-staff to work out change etc.

^2ND lets keep the focus on tailspin/triple vortex

The thread is "2014 in dreamworld"... since the conversion from Coke > Pepsi happened in 2014, i'd say it's in an appropriate thread. There isn't much to talk about soft drinks - and I'd suggest the dust will settle soon.

Thank the lord Dreamworld is finally replacing Coke with Pepsi.

If by lord you mean the devil. Pepsi is a poor persons coke. Nothing can come close to coke in vanilla or glass bottle. Only positive is mountain dew other than that Pepsi coming to the park is a bad thing. Hope they don't do the same at AMF!

Edited by pin142

If by lord you mean the devil. Pepsi is a poor persons coke. Nothing can come close to coke in vanilla or glass bottle. Only positive is mountain dew other than that Pepsi coming to the park is a bad thing. Hope they don't do the same at AMF!

I don't think that AMF will change to coke because ever friday i bowl and there is coke bottles everywhere. So to me (or at my local AMF store) they are doing great.

Your logic is flawed Tim. There's coke bottles everywhere at Dreamworld as well (or used to be). So by your logic coke is staying at Dreamworld, despite it quite clearly having just recently been replaced by Pepsi.

I for one welcome the addition of Pepsi to the park. I honestly couldn't care either way for the differences between the drinks, but it shows park management aren't afraid to do things differently. It's a bold move. Now if only we had holiday world style free drinks!

Edited by T-bone

Happy to see Pepsi come into the park. Much prefer Max to Zero so makes me happy.

As for a switch to Pepsi at AMF, it's a definitely possibility that was being discussed 6 months ago, so with DW making the jump I would say the other Ardent properties may follow suit

I'm pretty sure we all prefer Max over Zero. The only place that really sold Pepsi here other than a supermarket is KFC.