Too Much Studios in Movie World?

themeparklover

Hi guys

Recently, I went to movie world and when I was in the green lantern store I saw a souvenir book and there was a birds eye view of movie world.

I was shocked by the MASSIVE amount of studios. I mean there is way too much.

Do you think that they should use the studios for more rides. But if mw keep doing that, then there would be too much indoor rides. I know they

film movies there but I think they should do something about it. They should keep the studios used for filming and use the other studios for rides.

So what do you think? Do you think that mw should minimize their studios if NECESSARY?

Thanks

:)

^I was like that at first.

I think the studios are fine and are all necessary. The are important for the film industry within Australia. I know the industry isn't huge i Australia, but when films are made here it provides hundreds of jobs. And the closest studio to the park are used for Fright Nights mazes. There are 9 large studios and a few small buildings, but I don't think there are too many. MW have got some land to the left of WWF that could be used for a future attraction.

yeah op believe it or not but they actually make real movies in them. their real sets, sound stages and the other stuff they use in making a movie. a long time ago they used to be an attration you could go through them and even participate in doing the sound for lethal weapon and also appear in a visual effects shot if you got picked/volunteered out of the crowed.

Edited by bladex

i think the film studios should stay film studios. a number of my friends work within the film industry and i've done a little work myself. how could we attract big budget hollywood films to film in australia, and in particular, south east queensland, without them? they're vital to the survival of the film industry in this region.

Well what a weird suggestion/post.

Did you not hear that Pirates of the Carribean 5 has almost been greenlit to be filmed there next year? Naa, let's call Disney and tell them 'sorry we don't want your half a billion dollar picture filmed here, we're gonna build a ride instead

While we're on the topic of discovering things, I was looking at a Map of South America today, and realised how big the Amazon Rainforest is. I mean, I know it's a rainforest and animals live there and stuff, but it's MASSIVE and too much. I think we could build about 3 million houses there and then everyone in the world would have nice houses. And also, why don't we take some of the water from the ocean and put it in the desert so it isn't so dry anymore.

Edited by Brad2912

Wow this is the dumbest post I have ever seen the studios are never empty Allways filming tv ads, tv shows, short films oh and I forgot multi million dollar films

Also movie world and village roadshow studios are technically 2 different company's for legal reasons movie have to hire the film studios for fright nights every year

Please take no notice of those who have posted insults. Unfortunately there are quite a few of them on this site which seriously puts me off posting more often. There is a facility to block certain users comments from being visible to you though, which I have done and would suggest you may want to consider doing.

I think you made a perfectly reasonable observation and I agree that, on the face of it, it does seem like a lot of wasted space.

The first time I went to Movie World (1988) there was a tour (which as far as I know was included in the price of entry / pass) where you could go in most of these buildings. Each one gave an insiders glimpse into how movies are made, and it was the most central part of the Movie World experiene in my opinion.

For example, in the sound stage building you got to see how sound effects are made and processed in movies.

I don't know why these tours were stopped and I definitely think they should be reopened. Failing that, I would love it if at least one of them was opened for the above purpose, and at least one other was opened as a new movie-themed dark ride.

I'm really looking forward to seeing inside one or two of these buildings during the Fright Night event this October. Should be great fun!

It is also great to know that real movies are made there too of course!

Let's all take a read of the Community Guidelines. All members are expected to communicate in clear, well-written sentences. With capital letters at the start of sentences and appropriate punctuation throughout.

Richard, I started to read this and thought it would be referring to the issue of members insulting other members. Surely that is a far more important issue than correct spelling and punctuation, isn't it?

Get off your high horse push button

There has not been a single insult made about anyone. Need a tissue?

The tour took you into 1 sound stage, not through most of them. The show was dated, and would have needed a complete re-do to bring it up to today's standards in special effects and sound mixing. If you are gonna do a studio tour these days it has to be relevant and executed really well, and the queue/station land was taken over as part of the SE construction. It won't be back.

The Narnia tour was interesting a couple of years back. Whilst it would be nice to see a tour return, obviously it wont for reasons that have been covered so many times in the past. One thing I wouldn't mind seeing though is a shop in the park replaced with a gallery of sorts containing photos of the sets that either have been made and used in the studios, or are currently in use in the studios. It is "Movie"world after all.

Wow this is the dumbest post I have ever seen the studios are never empty Allways filming tv ads, tv shows, short films oh and I forgot multi million dollar films

Also movie world and village roadshow studios are technically 2 different company's for legal reasons movie have to hire the film studios for fright nights every year

Push this would have to be the closest thing to an insult in this thread and you're really just clutching at straws there. Actually from memory I'm on push's ignore list so he probably won't see this anyway.

Edited by reanimated35