Theme park Crowds....

Louis.sayer3

Hi, just thought i'd ask anyone who has have visited any of the theme parks during the holidays as to how bad the line waiting times and general crowding of the parks were? Im seriously considering visiting a park these holidays, but the only thing putting me off is the crowds. Can you please tell me as to how your waiting experience was?

Thanks

post-29651-0-49236000-1411552960_thumb.j

Yesterday at Dreamworld:
- The Claw: Within 2 cycles

- Wipeout: First cycle

- Pandamonium: Within 2 cycles

- Tailspin: 25-30 minutes

- Other rides like TOT2 have long waits but that's no different to quiet days.

Also, at WWW the longest queue was about 15 minutes and that was for the hydro coaster. Most slides were pretty much walk ons.

WhiteWater World: Max 15 mins

Dreamworld:

-Wipeout - 1 - 2 Cycles
-Claw - 2 Cycles
-Cyclone - 30 mins - 1hr
-TOT2 - 45 mins - 1hr
-GD - 10 - 20 mins
-River Rapids - 40 mins

-Log Ride - 30 - 50 mins

-Motocoaster - 40 mins - 1hr (They are only running 1 train these holidays cause the 2nd train is having maintenance off track so things take forever, the wait signs in the queue lie)
-Buzzsaw - 10 -40 mins (Very short queue right at the end of the day)
-Tail Spin - Anything up to 30 mins

Movie World:

Arkham - Walk on at the start of the day but expect to wait an average of 40 for the most of the day.
GL - 30 - 40 mins
Superman - Depends if they are running 1 or 2 trains. 1 Train = Up to 90 mins. 2 Trains = 30 mins - 1hr.
WWF - Depends on the weather.
Scooby - 30 - 50 mins most of the day. Things become more quiet after the parade though.

Wet n Wild: No more than 20 mins when you don't count the constrictor.

Because sometimes people just need that little bit of laughter to brighten up their day.

I'm sorry, but hold up a minute. Look at this creepy motherfucker. Look at him!

Attached Thumbnails
  • post-2613-0-08368000-1410780839.jpg

Um im sorry what?

Because that was relevant to the topic and wasn't just a random photo. The question was what mazes you wanted to see.

Cyclone: 30 min- 1 hr

TOT2: 1-2 hrs

GD: 15 min

Wipeout: 2 Cycles

BuzzSaw: 30 min

MDMC: 40 min- 1 hr?

Claw: 2 Cycles

MW:

Superman: 30 min- 1 hr

Scooby: 2 hrs???

Arkham: Walk on at the start of the day, otherwise 40 min

GL: Walk on at the start of the day- 20 min

WnW

Constrictor: 1 and a half hours

AquaLoop: 1 hour

Everything else: 20 min

LPS

Everything is a walk on but the Wild mouse.

SW

SV (before it closed): Walk on- 20 min

Vikings revenge: 30 min

Jet Rescue: 20-40 min

^I agree. I was at Movie World on school holidays last year and the lines were too long on every ride (even Justice League). I normally visit on off peak week days. Short lines make it a much more enjoyable day (except Dreamworld annoy me by opening some rides late, closing rides early, or not opening some at all)

I wonder when their gonna get heated water like its Gold Coast cousin has?

The pools are more than likely heated. It's not opened through winter because of the temperature difference. The Gold Coast has warm tropical weather all year round. While Sydney is warm during summer and fairly cold through winter.

Heated pools keep the same or similar temperature even if there is a slight temperature drop. People would rather swim in a heated pool because the temperature is bearable, unlike unheated pools, where it takes ages to get use to the temperature.

Wet'n'Wild would want their guests to have an enjoyable experience in the park. Rather than shooting down a slide into an unbearably cold pool, all to leave you rushing to the edge of the pool to dry off as quickly as possible.

Winter in Sydney gets fairly cold. Even if Wet'n'Wild Sydney stays open all year round they would start loosing money due to the fact that guest wouldnt enjoy sliding down slides into a warm pool all to climb out and encounter a burst of freezing cold air as you walk to your next ride.

Winter in Sydney gets freezing at times, well beyond 'fairly cold'.

A year long water park is not viable. The park can do whatever they want with water temps, but they can't effect the outside temp. No point going down a slide into a slash pool of 26 degrees and then getting out to a 12 degree day.