Theme Park Staples

downunder196

Thought this would be an interesting topic for discussion...

If you could pick your top five (in any order) rides that any theme park should always have, totally opinion based, what would they be? Restricted to rides, not shows or food or anything else. I'll give an example:

1. Carousel
2. Looping steel coaster

3. Any water ride (rapids > log ride)

4. Extreme flat ride (spin n spew)

5. Dark ride

Edited by downunder196

1. Spin & spew with turbine theming

2. Looping/launch Roller coaster with turbine theming

3. Large water ride (must be able to be moved after 10 years to another area in the park when turbine theming doesn't fit anymore)

4. Drop tower (no turbine needed)

5. Taller drop tower (hence meaning no-on will ever ride on the first one ever again)

Was wondering, how can we incorporate a drop tower, into a water ride. Could we not just put the loading area for Giant Drop in a pool? I mean, if we can plant dirt & grow rocks, surely we can swim into the restraints of a drop tower? Or maybe the loading area submerges while you are going up the tower?

B&M with amazing theming

B&M with amazing theming

B&Mwith amazing theming

Record breaking coaster of some kind with amazing theming

Drop tower which actually has the floor of the loading station removed allowing the car to shoot through the station at full speed before breaking, meaning that it will settle 15/20 metres below ground :D That would be epic. And would also be cool for those about to go on to see how fast it actually is.

Nope, they're free spinning. X2 and Eejanaika on the other hand are controlled (not by magnets though).

OK. It's just I have seen multiple POVs of Insane at Gronalund, and I know that that is the best Zacspin in terms of comfort and reception so they may have done altercations, but the ride is the same all the time...

OK. It's just I have seen multiple POVs of Insane at Gronalund, and I know that that is the best Zacspin in terms of comfort and reception so they may have done altercations, but the ride is the same all the time...

Please tell me more about how you can judge comfort of something by watching a video of it.

Please tell me more about how you can judge comfort of something by watching a video of it.

Well you can actually tell. But what I was referencing was a combination of the comments of Grona Lund's coaster compared to every other Zacspin and its review... It is very popular.

Edited by KingdaKa

Was wondering, how can we incorporate a drop tower, into a water ride. Could we not just put the loading area for Giant Drop in a pool? I mean, if we can plant dirt & grow rocks, surely we can swim into the restraints of a drop tower? Or maybe the loading area submerges while you are going up the tower?