Wet N wild Sydney Trip Report

AUSTHEMEPARKS

I dunno if I can make a topic just based on a trip report but whatever.

Wet n wild sydney is an awesome water park with terrible queuing system which is just confusing.

Ride sum up:

T5: Awesome funnel web ride, make sure to ride with 4 people if you want the best experience.

Bombora: Fun tornado wave ride but it's over a bit too soon.

Tantrum: Easily the best ride in the park, so fun and one of the longest rides in the park.

Halfpipe: Better than the compared tornado wave type ride and the drop is great.

Breakers: Really fun master blaster with tons of water coming from behind when you are in the enclosed section.

Tropical Cyclone: The most underrated ride of the park, not intense but just really fun.

Aquatube: Kinda lame besides the unexpected the waterfall that hits you near the end of the ride.

Typhoon: Very fun rattler type ride with lots of water in the cylinders.

H2go Racers: Awesome racing slide with a great enclosed section.

Riptide: Really good final 2 drops that make the ride.

Curler: Surprisingly fast for a family fun and overall a great experience.

Double Bowlseye: A slow version of the toilet bowl ride, doesn't compare to the rip.

360 Rush: Awesome aqualoop slide, super intense!!!!

Sorry about no photos, some reason they wouldn't want to publish on the topic.

Edited by AUSTHEMEPARKS

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re the photos - Did you remember to hit "attach this file" after choosing it?

As for the topic- it's normal for trip reports to pop up as a topic.

I would suggest making the ride titles bold though so it's easier to read :)

Can't say I've been or have any intention of going, but it does sound like from the reports I've seen that they've done a reasonable good job with the park.

Re the photos - Did you remember to hit "attach this file" after choosing it?

As for the topic- it's normal for trip reports to pop up as a topic.

I would suggest making the ride titles bold though so it's easier to read :)

Can't say I've been or have any intention of going, but it does sound like from the reports I've seen that they've done a reasonable good job with the park.

I have hit the attach button but nothing would come up. Thanks for the suggestion.

Sounds great :) What were the queues like?

On Thursday the queues were better. 5 to 30 minute queues. I only waited 5 minutes to get on the tantrum. It's like in Europe in how a large crowd run to a ride when it opens LOL.

Edited by AUSTHEMEPARKS

No :( I was gonna go last year but my friends were busy, then I had tennis all through December and January plus school until now, and I have been busy plus my friends are away and my sister had uni until this week but she's sick. Hopefully in December :)

Oh ok then, Have fun when you go. Be surprised at some of the less popular rides.

I haven't had the chance to get there yet. I was planning on going after school holidays but only to find out the park is only open on weekends! A bit ridiculous considering it's a seasonal park. Anyway, which slides would recommend a 'must do' so I can get on those first thing in the morning?

I dunno if I can make a topic just based on a trip report but whatever.

Wet n wild sydney is an awesome water park with terrible queuing system which is just confusing.

How can they not have fixed this in between seasons? Surely they had time to address this system to some extent. It was one of the most complained about issues last season. Put up signs in the queues and on the stairs for f's sake

I haven't had the chance to get there yet. I was planning on going after school holidays but only to find out the park is only open on weekends! A bit ridiculous considering it's a seasonal park. Anyway, which slides would recommend a 'must do' so I can get on those first thing in the morning?

Tantrum, Bombora, Halfpipe, T5. Also try the tropical cyclone: really surprising. Also H2go Racers. If you want to do a family slide then do the curler.

How can they not have fixed this in between seasons? Surely they had time to address this system to some extent. It was one of the most complained about issues last season. Put up signs in the queues and on the stairs for f's sake

All they did was add shade which is funny considering every park should have shade from the beginning.

Are there any rides at waterparks around the world where the queue and loading is actually at the bottom, and then you ride that liftchain to the ride itself. Probably not, but it would save the cost of having to build a sophisticated tower. Obviously other logistical problems, but perhaps a future implementation at parks around the world.

Are there any rides at waterparks around the world where the queue and loading is actually at the bottom, and then you ride that liftchain to the ride itself. Probably not, but it would save the cost of having to build a sophisticated tower. Obviously other logistical problems, but perhaps a future implementation at parks around the world.

Wet n Wild Orlando has a really good queuing system. So does Raging Waters.

Unless it has to do with queue rails. They seem to love those signs.

I am currently a short distance from the park but due to time can't see myself getting there.

I currently have season passes since I live 10 minutes from wet n wild sydney.

Aquaventure Dubai

Also Siam Park.