Zodiac History

rappa

Okay guys hoping someone can come and save me here from one of those anoying things where you know you are trying to think of something but you can't! About a month ago I was trying to find out where the Zodiac had come from and remember finding a site that told me where it had come from and how old it was then and all that sort of stuff... I seem to think it was a timeline from tha park it was previously at... Tonight I got curious again as to where I found that out and attempted to go looking but good not find that info. anywhere. Can anyone shed any light on this and put me out of my misery?? I'm not really after the info itself (pretty sure it was 20yrs old b4 it came to Wonderland) but more a location where I can find it because that is what is bugging me :-) Thanks heaps guys, sure someone will know.

From what I can remember, Zodiac was removed from Kings Island at the end of the 1989 season. It went in there in 1975, so it's nearly 30 years old. It appeared to be SBNO from 1987. I can't remember if Zodiac was there or not before that. For some reason I thought it was, but obviously not.

You'll see that it tells you that Zodiac was SBNO for 2 consecutive seasons, so it basically does give you the closing. Was I reading somewhere correctly when I saw that Zodiac was not originally in it's current location? If so, where was it? I'm glad you reiterated the 1975 opening Psyc :P

Wonderland a world class theme park? Sorry Mr.Galbraith... I don't think so.
True, but what do you expect them to say? Wonderland, home of Australia's oldest, and most painful rides! Truely in a leauge in its own when it comes to having only one or two decent rides! I think the whole Wonderland closing was summed up best on coasterbuzz, where the member said something along the lines of "Yeah, its got a boomerang, a clone of grizzly and a giant drop, so no big loss really"

Fair enough that Wonderland is certainly not world class (10 years ago perhaps, not today), though we're going to have to say the same about the Gold Coast parks. What've we got? Dreamworld - its signature rides include a dated launch ride and an old-fashioned and low capacity drop ride and there's not much else worth mentioning there. Wet'n'Wild has nothing that ever stock-standard water park around the world has. Movie World has a few pretty good rides, but for every good thing there, there's about five bad or tacky things about the place. Sea World's signature ride is essentially a 30-year old design that wasn't that great back then, they have pretty good animal exhibits and shows. The shows don't even compare to those overseas and the only exhibits really worth mention are Polar Bear Shores and perhaps Shark Bay (we'll have to see). Wonderland, to someone who didn't go every week or work there and know the horrible dark truth, was actually a pretty good park by Australian standards. No, it is not "world class", but then neither is anything else we have in Australia if we're going to go that way.

• 1 month later...

HEHE I'm in a dig up old threads kind mood... I am now pretty certain we DID NOT receive Zodiac in the last 80s as we thought... That brochure I posted today is from like 86 or 87 at the latest and it has Zodiac in it. I was pretty certain Zodiac was original and maybe it just might be???

I think the whole Wonderland closing was summed up best on coasterbuzz, where the member said something along the lines of "Yeah, its got a boomerang, a clone of grizzly and a giant drop, so no big loss really"
Yes, but unlike all those other parks, it was in Sydney. Now we need a Passport to ride the nearest thing to Grizzly. ZordMaker (grizzles and grumbles) http://savewonderland.artelex.com