Latest Nearmap images of the parks

rac2703

Even though it is an extremely well themed & coloured area, judging from the NearMap images, the DC Comics Super-Villians Unleashed area does look like it lacks colour from an aerial point of view. Doomsday Destroyer though is clearly well coloured from an aerial point of view but, like I've said, doesn't have much colour on the park map so I think they need to add more green to it on the park map.

@AlexB, does NearMaps show the Lego Store construction site at Dreamworld?

• 5 months later...

They are, but that isn't a priority for the park right now. They are currently focusing on finishing their other projects and getting people back into the park. I imagine it will be removed later in the year, and maybe install a memorial afterwards (maybe one year after the events), that's if the families want one there 

I get that it's not really a priority at the moment but the Blue Lagoon really needs to go, along with adjacent Ampitheatre building and now also defunct Gold Rush area. So much land rotting away with neglect. The Blue Lagoon site is hazardous with the toboggan splash pool, tube ride channel and elevated walkways all still standing.

30 minutes ago, MickeyD said:

I get that it's not really a priority at the moment but the Blue Lagoon really needs to go, along with adjacent Ampitheatre building and now also defunct Gold Rush area. So much land rotting away with neglect. The Blue Lagoon site is hazardous with the toboggan splash pool, tube ride channel and elevated walkways all still standing.

I agree, the unused land that could be used to put a massive RMC or other great coaster makes me sad.

That ampitheatre has been used quite a bit since Big Brother and quite recently. I went to a sports presentation event towards the end of September, and it was used. And it was the year before too, but I have been told that it's been used on multiple occasions, but to my knowledge, not since the accident.

But I agree that it does need to go, or upgrading, as it isn't that nice from the wear and tear over the years. But Blue Lagoon definitely needs to go, so much land there that could be used so much better.

Edited by themagician