Parks During G20 long weekend

Mort

Well there is not historical data to compare or analyse against. Any response will be pure guess work.

Brisbane workers get a long weekend, so I guess it's plausible that some may head down the coast, but I don't think there will be an obvious or noticeable increase on say, this weeks attendance. Again, there's nothing to prove or disprove that, just an opinion

So how many rides can you usually get in on a Busy weekend? If I'm there at 930 and get straight to superman I should be able to hit out supes, arkham, WW AND Scooby by lunch still yeah?

If superman is running 2 trains, I'd do AA first, then Superman. If you are there by 9:30 for a 10am open you'll have them both done by 10:30. In fact is comfortably say you'd have those 4 done by 11:30 at the latest even on a busy day.

They have already arrested some Terrorists who were going to G20 I heard.. Let The Fights begin in 7 days time..

Lol. Who told you that? Given only world leaders attend G20 - are you stating that one of our world leaders was in fact a terrorist? Haha.

If you are referring to the recent 'terror raids' across the country, they had nothing to do with the G20 and more to do with foiling plans for ISIL extremists wanting notoriety and public shows of power.

It's also only a long weekend for people who work in the Brisbane CBD, if you work outside the exclusion zone, you still have to work!

Friday is a public holiday for everyone that works in the Brisbane City Council area, not just the CBD exclusion zone. As it is a public holiday, many workplaces (especially retail) will still be open and staff may be required to work.

Using inflammatory language such as 'they arrested terrorists' is quite alarmist. Until they've been before a Magistrate - they are 'alleged' or 'suspected' unless they are caught in the act.

As I haven't noticed any hostage explosion plane crashes around here lately - I can only assume you are referring to arrests made as a result of raids for suspicion of terrorism.

I think based on media reports, and the G20 website etc - it will be very unlikely that someone is going to get anywhere near a G20 event without thorough screening.

I went MW and WNW today, Just some key points to mention,

WNW:

Junior area looks great,

Aqualoop still popular

Wave Pool area looks great, I like the new shade area :)

Surfrider is closed down for refurbishment..

MW:

Christmas Tree is up where the fountain was,

Junior Driving School has christmas lights all over the building (I mentioned about this in the White Christmas topic) and it's still popular with the families, Speedy's is still popular but not as much as before Junior Driving School opened

Superman was down from 2 and never saw daylight for the rest of the day

That's all!

Edited by The_Ninja_59

i was at dw today the traffic on the way in was bedlam we left at 10 past 9 didn't get there till about 11am lots of caravans on the road seems everyone is abandoning Brisbane for the coast! but we still managed to jump straight on just about every single ride. same with www except for the HC seemed to be the hot ride of the day. i can imagine though tomorrow the lines will be tripped :P

Edited by bladex

So the answer was, not busy really.

Arrived at WWW at 10:15 concerned I wouldn't get a shady seat anywhere given it was already about 32 degrees.

Got on, no problem getting a 4 deck chairs at Wiggle Bay. Max 15-20min wait for any slide, most slides 5min waits by 3pm.

Headed into DW at about 1pm, 5min wait times for Tailspin, Wipeout running half full. Buzzsaw 10mins, TOT 15.

Carpark never got above about 60% full.

screamworld shouldn't be too bad they only sell a limited amount of tickets or did they change that?

Screamworld was just awful. WAY too many people. I coudn't get on Tower Of Terror. I rode Cyclone first. The que area was very dark at the start of the night (the only light came from the exit lights). I was the only one there - "10 people right" I said to the staff member. Thankfully it didn't take too long for some more people to show up. Only rode it once as it is way to rough and no longer an enjoyable coaster (Dreamworld really need a new proper rollercoaster). Giant Drop had a short que, since it was hard to find the entry since you had to go behind the Mine Ride abandoned gold mine? which went by the Thunder River Rapids where for only $2 you can spray invaders* Even through the river has dried up and there is no one to shoot. I also rode Motorcoaster (that ride need a new train and maybe, just maybe it will be as good as Jet Rescue - that harness is the stupidest and most uncomfortable harness ever made, and Tailspin. The lazer show at the end of the night was very underwhelming. It finished before 10pm so I tried TOT again but wasn't allowed as the have to close at 10 due to noise restrictions. (The animals do need some sleep). No more Screamworld for me. Dreamworld just can't organize events as well as Movie World. Ride wise - too many spiny spewee rides, they should rename Dreamworld - Vomitworld.

Edited by Gary86