2015 in Dreamworld - ABC Kids World, V8 Supercars and more

Reanimated35

^I don't know about that. Can see an Aussie park putting in something like Tivoli Gardens' Daemonen. Still for what it would cost there are better options out there.

True, but I definitely agree about having much better options for that money. If you want to get Australia's first B&M, you'd probably want to save up for something half-decent.

Realistically what could you do with it?

A few new trees planted and change up some of the equipment in there? that's about it

Hmm..maybe an underground tunnel to a viewing bubble in Tiger Island itself? Or similarly some sort of overhanging viewing platform?

I don't really know but they could get really creative...........

When the thunderbolt opened originally  they needed finance to build it so they had a sponsor for it I can't remember who (it was in the 80's) the sponsor was  I think his name was ken lord ?!?!  but  if  a park in Australia is going to seriously consider getting a B&M they are gonna need a few majior sponsors to finance it cos they ain't cheap! lol 

When the thunderbolt opened originally  they needed finance to build it so they had a sponsor for it I can't remember who (it was in the 80's) the sponsor was  I think his name was ken lord ?!?!  but  if  a park in Australia is going to seriously consider getting a B&M they are gonna need a few majior sponsors to finance it cos they ain't cheap! lol 

Still a B&M in Australia won't happen.  The only park that would care to install one would be AW, but as Mark has stated before Perth is too small of a city to back a B&M.

Well what's the big deal about a B&M  I know there awesome roller coasters but just because big parks like six flags have them doesn't mean we have to there's plenty of other coasters out there. You don't need to have B&M coasters to be the best in world look at six flags they have B&Ms but look at all the incidents they have had in the past.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Incidents_at_Six_Flags_parks

What's that got to do with B&M though? Not all those accidents were B&M, nor were they all coaster related. Not all of them were even ride related. Of course there's accidents when you involve people. 

B&M make great coasters. Expensive, massive, crowd pleasing coasters. The joke is that no park would ever be able to afford  a decent one and maintain it. 

Eg: 15,000,000 US Dollar equals 20,936,144.70 Australian Dollar. Now, how much do you think it would cost to transport all that over here via sea? Then, how much would you need to pay in labour to plan, construct and maintain a ride of that caliber? 

Dreamworld spent $16,000,000 in 1997 on the tower. That's basically a few straight bits of steel (obviously it's more than that but you get my point here) raised over the ground so minimal theming is required. A coaster needs much more room (and hopefully theming) which in turn will cost a lot more.

I was meaning you don't have to have a B&M coaster to  be one of the best parks in the world.

Six flags are filled with B&Ms and are pretty well know parks but it doesn't make them the best and they we not be with the amount of incidents what they have had. I like to walk into a theme park that morning and exit at the end of the day and not be killed on a ride. Accidents  happen but deaths completely different.

So just look at that they B&Ms but there not the best.

When you are talking about large, fast moving machines, generally at heights, an serious accident can easily lead to a death.

Disneyland has had numerous deaths, does than mean you'd rather attend Dreamworld if given a choice?

Well any theme park in Australia.

Some of the rides like the giant drop  is the 2nd highest freefall ride in the world and it nor any other ride in Australia has had a death. Incidents have occurred putting people in a close to death situation but still no one has died.