2015 in Dreamworld - ABC Kids World, V8 Supercars and more

Reanimated35

Some photos from today. Redline has been gutted.

DSC00003.thumb.JPG.5774e7e8748d1652abff6DSC00004.thumb.JPG.30d6c6b23b8f93d9fb842DSC00005.thumb.JPG.16ef01f9fb2b51808ecd7DSC00009.thumb.JPG.4198407d92a4a64eedaae

No work on Cyclone yet. It's not fenced off properly either - some guest didn't even realise it was closed off.

DSC00006.thumb.JPG.a04a10fc4d2aaafc08215

New front entry globe - it's huge!

DSC00010.thumb.JPG.5b1d66a3a7e1147c21f91

Am I the only one that thinks this globe could have been done soooooooooo much better?  Seriously,  What's with the shitty garden hose fountains at the front along with the noticeable blue poles???  

SOLUTION :

Some mee-fog spray with outward splaying fountains (think of a Peacock's tail) along with just a tinsy pinch bit more  detail on the Globe and this could have been the Spectacular water feature that DW should and still can deserve to have 

Edited by MickeyD

Am I the only one that thinks this globe could have been done soooooooooo much better?  Seriously,  What's with the shitty garden hose fountains at the front along with the noticeable blue poles???  

SOLUTION :

Some mee-fog spray with outward splaying fountains (think of a Peacock's tail) along with just a tinsy pinch bit more  detail on the Globe and this could have been the Spectacular water feature that DW should and still can deserve to have 

I think it is brilliantly done and i congratulate Dreamworld.

SOLUTION :

I agree, its a good start but its lacking polish. The fountain could be better. I also don't quite understand why they didn't attach the Dreamworld logo to the globe and have it spin with the globe. Sure it won't be picture perfect everytime, but it sure would look nicer than having an extra support system to hold it up, and it I also love (I use the word loosely) the "temporary barrier" as a fence on the deck. 

Credit where credit is due, its a good start, but it seems a few silly decisions were made in the design phase without properly thinking it through. I'm just glad though that they didn't wrap it in that awful "Happiness" banner...

SOLUTION :

You see support beams here you see support beams everywhere.   I don't think 3 more will make much of a differences

I'm glad the 'Dreamworld' doesn't move. If the fountain was found and the globe provided good photo opportunities all the way round then yes, 'Dreamworld' should move with it. But because you can only have photos in front of it on the stage, I think it's good that it doesn't. I do agree with the fountain could be a bit more elaborate, and I do think that the current 'fencing' should be made more permanent, but I think they might have used that barrier as it isn't as obvious as fixed fence would be, and therefore provides better photo opportunities.

Oh the globe moves? That makes more sense then. 

How come the fountain/pool doesn't need a fence the whole way around it?

yes the globe moves, the link bellow is from the dream world FB page, showing the globe spinning (with some of the cast from Strictly Ballroom the Musical). The support beams are not visible when people are standing in front for a photo, so it isn't a big deal really.

https://www.facebook.com/dreamworld/videos/vb.30639128612/10153250887618613/?type=2&

Fountains wouln't require a fence around them unless they are a certain depth. As DW fountain is shallow and built up from the ground not into it, so no fence is needed. The globe however has the stage leading to it which would create a drop into the fountain, which is why there is need for a fence.

(Cyclone) To Be Renamed Hot Wheels Lap Coaster.

Train Carriages themed as hot wheels.

Racing Style Harnesses With Steering Wheels In Them.

After The Vechicles Short Appearance In Park For The Media And Dreamworld Will Store Them Out Back Until The Moto sport Precinct open after Christmas this year.

From Dreamworld Website:

AUSTRALIAN MOTOR RACING FINDS A NEW HOME AT DREAMWORLD

NEW MOTORSPORTS THRILL-SEEKERS ATTRACTION OPENING AT DREAMWORLD THIS SUMMER

Including the World's largest collection of Peter Brock racing cars, Supercar racing simulators and new food & merchandise outlets.

A special part of Australian motor racing history will soon have a new home at Dreamworld with motor racing royalty converged on Dreamworld as three Peter Brock racing cars - including his most famous ride ‘The Big Banger’ - arrived at the park, the first instalment in Dreamworld’s new Motorsports Precinct. With works underway the construction is on track for Brock’s Garage doors to open post-Christmas showcasing 30 replica and authentic Brock vehicles.

Other precinct highlights include the Hot Wheels Hot Lap rollercoaster (formerly ‘Cyclone’), six state-of-the-art V8 supercar racing simulators, the Grid Burgers and Sports Bar and Trackside retail outlet. The revamped Hot Wheels Hot Lap rollercoaster train will replicate Hot Wheels vehicles, complete with racing harnesses and steering wheels. Precinct partner Dunlop will provide theming throughout Trackside and the sports bar and the Trackside retail outlet will be filled with Hot Wheels merchandise, motorsports memorabilia and branded gear. 
The precinct also doubles as an air conditioned corporate event venue for 250 people seated or 480 standing, with a full working kitchen and bar on-site.

After the vehicles short appearance in park for the media, the Brock cars will be stored until the Motorsports Precinct opens after Christmas 2015.-EV11-1501101.jpeg

http://www.v8supercars.com.au/news/championship/first-brock-cars-arrive-at-dreamworld

Edited by totta3

I can't believe I'm saying it, but Totta3 is actually correct. Source: https://www.dreamworld.com.au/things-to-do/motorsport

I don't know how to feel about this. As a kid, Hot Wheels was something I was into completely. As an adult, not so much. Probably the only thing that intrigues me about this information are the trains. Will they actually be themed to a detailed degree? What is meant by a "Racing Style Harness"? Is that just promotional speak for a seatbelt? Will the track be repainted bright orange to be visually similar to the classic Hot Wheels tracks?

Edited by Zanstabar

I can't believe I'm saying it, but Totta3 is actually correct. Source: https://www.dreamworld.com.au/things-to-do/motorsport

I don't know how to feel about this. As a kid, Hot Wheels was something I was into completely. As an adult, not so much. Probably the only thing that intrigues me about this information are the trains. Will they actually be themed to a detailed degree? What is meant by a "Racing Style Harness"? Is that just promotional speak for a seatbelt? 

No A Racing Style Harness

The minute I found out...

Preview?imageID=5115591&generatorTypeID= 

The name just pisses me off to no end. DW could have thought of something better, its just a terrible, terrible name. The color scheme of assumably orange and black will look pretty cool, though (being themed after Hot Wheels)

On a positive note, it gives a much-needed fresh breath of life back into Cyclone. I wonder if the on-ride photo will work again after the retheme. 

I wonder how DW got the permission of Mattel to theme Cyclone. 

Edited by XxMrYoshixX

The name just pisses me off to no end. DW could have thought of something better, its just a terrible, terrible name.

the name fits the ride well. Good choice IMO

The color scheme of assumably orange and black will look pretty cool, though (being themed after Hot Wheels)

there is no Orange or Black in the Hot Wheels theme. It's red & yellow, with a blue base colour. I think you are thinking of Matchbox Cars 

I wonder how DW got the permission of Mattel to theme Cyclone. 

it's not about permission. Dreamworld would be being paid by Mattel to use their branding on the ride. Selling naming rights is big business these days, from Stadiums, to zoo exhibits, and to rides.