2015 in Dreamworld - ABC Kids World, V8 Supercars and more

Reanimated35

On Dough Bros, we had some a month or so ago. Decent amount of toppings, but I found because of the amount of toppings, it was cooked too long, and the base itself was dry, and rather disgusting. Anyone else have the same thoughts, or am I alone?

On the river, well, with no boat running to churn and keep movement, it makes keeping the river visually clean more difficult. Rivers and ponds out in the wild without water movement do look like this, and yes, there are turtles and other animals in there, but that is their habbitat. Honestly the river is clean compared to what they are able to survive in. On the other hand, fish need food, and the plant growth acts as a food source for the fish (ever been to an aquarium and seen people buying plants to put in their fish tanks?). If the fish have no food, the fish die, if the fish die, the turtles don't have a food source, so the turtles die. The growth isn't the prettiest thing, but it isn't the worst thing. The bad thing is the rubbish the human life have thrown in there.

Edited by T-bone

It should bother the park that it looks overgrown and unkempt. Not to mention it should bother them that there's rubbish floating in the water.

No one ever said it was more important that a toilet. I would say that basic cleaning so the river doesn't look like a dump would be more important than a new paint job for anything though.

The park's new opening hours appear to be 9am according to the Dreamworld website. With rides opening at 9:30am outside of holidays / weekends and 9am on weekends. Great to see even just an extra hour of trading :)

Huh? We went to DW today and the entry gates didn't open until 9.55am. And this was on a Saturday. So yeah, it's still 10am opening time.

On the other hand, the River Rapids WERE open earlier, around 11am, whereas yesterday when my husband and I went (Friday + school day, so therefore a quiet park day) it didn't open until 12pm.

We also had issues with the Cyclone. Did the lengthy walk all the way around the outside of the turbine tower (ugh) only to find out that it was closed, as some kid had puked on it and it had to be cleaned. Then he said apon re-opening it needed a minimum 10 people to operate. So we decided to go back later!

I agree it does need a bit of TLC, it's still a great coaster but getting a tad turbulent these days. Reminds me of what the Lethal Weapon was like prior to it being refurbished and reopened as the Arkham.

On a side note, just bought annual passes, so looking forward to spending a LOT more time at DW & WWW over the months to come! Especially given we've previously been VIP pass holders and a little over the VRTP these days. So very excited to be visiting Dreamworld again for the first time in years :)

We also had issues with the Cyclone. Did the lengthy walk all the way around the outside of the turbine tower (ugh) only to find out that it was closed, as some kid had puked on it and it had to be cleaned. Then he said apon re-opening it needed a minimum 10 people to operate. So we decided to go back later!

I always use the emergency steps on the Cyclone, much quicker, I also go back down that way.

• 2 weeks later...

This is probley ment for a different form but thes anyone have any info on the old pirate ship show at Dreamworld that used to be where tiger Island is today.

All I remember was going past on the old steam train and looking to your right and seeing this massive pirate show with blokes dress up and jumping from the top of the boast and doing stunts and Swinging on ropes and yeh thats all I remember.

I found some old photos of the show a few years ago at my Nan's place witch I'll try and find again next time I'm going throw all the old stuff in the shed so I can upload them but there just seems to be no info of the show at all On the Internet?

I don't remember any pirate shows at Dreamworld. I'm sure before Tiger Island it was just bush. There was a pirate show at Sea World called "Pirates of Paradise"... Dreamworld did have a bush ranger show on the paddle boat ride. The show was performed near where the sheep shearing show now is but was only watchable on the boat.

The Pirates Of Paradise at Seaworld was the first thing that came to my mind, too. Pretty sure there has never been a pirate show or theme of any kind in Dreamworld's history, at least not from what I remember from my visits dating back to mid 80's.

Could it have been this instead, Jake?

Oh wait nm, just saw your last post, we posted at same time hahaha.

Well there ya go, I never knew about that :)

Depending on what it is, it could be built near MDMC. I know a few times the idea of building a Motorsport attraction near MDMC would be good, as it allows for a new area to be made. But in saying all of that, it could just be an upgrade to Redline (hopefully it's something a bit bigger than that).