2015 in Dreamworld - ABC Kids World, V8 Supercars and more

Reanimated35

We made it to the 2nd story top story on the GCBulletin website!

Theme park retro ride rumoured to return to the Gold Coasts doyenne of theme parks, Dreamworld

Dreamworld could be about to bring back and old favourite.

FANS of 1990s Gold Coast theme park rides could be in for a nostalgic treat.

Online rumours are growing that the doyenne of Coast theme parks Dreamworld could be about to revive one of its biggest attraction from days of yore the Eureka Mountain Mine Ride.

According to theme park fan website Parkz.com.au, there are signs the venerable ride could be set to thrill park goers again. The site claims rejuvenation work on the classic rollercoaster-style ride has been spotted in recent weeks and that while the exterior of the ride has decayed the ride system itself remains in relatively good condition.

Its a claim Dreamworld ­declined to confirm or deny, with a Dreamworld spokeswoman instead saying it was a very interesting rumour.

We cant say that its true, she said.

But we can say we have very fond memories of the ride. It was a particular favourite of mine as a kid.

The ride was opened in 1986 and was closed more than eight years ago.

http://m.goldcoastbulletin.com.au/theme-park-retro-ride-rumoured-to-return-to-the-gold-coasts-doyenne-of-theme-parks-dreamworld/story-fnj90t7b-1227222953748

We're famous! Hahaha

Now we wait for the flood of "exclusives" from facebook fan pages claiming they know 100% the ride has been confirmed as opening again and how only they will be able to keep you up to date on progress.

All the while I'll wait here for the park to deny everything then everyone on here to have a big cry all over again.

Ok so make of it what you will, but got some more park employee gossip today, apparently eavesdropped from discussion between park managers.

Was told that DW is planning to 1) spend 6mil on the park over the next year and 2) demolish the ice cream parlour near the central train station at the front of the park.

Once again, this is complete hear-say, so not to be taken too seriously. But certainly has me wondering about the ice cream parlour, given it's built into the side of the mine ride?

Interesting, no??? ;)

Edited by OceanGirl

it better not be a show or something like just being able to ride in a real race car (for $)

Ride a real car.....where? A lap of the thunderbolt carpark at 20kmh?

But they already have a V8 attraction and shop? That simulator thingy opposite the Flowrider that has the FPR car parked outside the front? o_O

There's been massive changes to the V8 Supercar series since they built that attractions. To name a few:

The teams featured in the simulator no longer exist with that livery or at all in some cases (I can't remember which teams the have there)

Mercedes has joined (and not done too well)

Nissan has joined

Volvo has joined

The V8 Supercars logo has changed

Side note - Ford Performance Racing no longer exist, they're now known as Prodrive Racing Australia. Also which car do they have out there now? And does it still have stock rims thereby ruining the whole look of the car?

Edited by reanimated35

Defenly a upgrade to the v8 simulator system is ineed as reanimated was saying the sport has changed dramatically over the years since it was first open with another 3 more manufacturers now jumping on board now would be the best time to upgrade it cause there's to be no real major changes to the sport at this time now untill 2017. But here is a list on what I thought could be done to improving and offering the park guest a true and realistic V8supercar experience:

1. An upgraded ride system is a big must, I know that there are a lot more newer car simulator system's out offering a more realestic feel going around Mt panorama.

http://www.carsim.com/products/ds/

http://www.racecentre.com/ Even if they ran forza5 on the Simulators would be better then the system they have at the moment lol.

2. Upgraded shells/livery.

A big kicker from me would be to have a shell/body of every manufacturer holden,ford,Volvo,Nissan and erbus and having each body programed to the way the certain car handles going around the track, even if they could have the right engien sounds coming out of each car would be mint. :)

3. Having an actual v8 body sitting there for people to get up close and really giving guest an

Inside look in to all the specs that go in to operating and running a v8sc.

4. Pit stop practise.

A simulater game would be very cool in to giving guest a shot at seeing how fast they could run a pit stop by removing the wheels and chucking a new set on, even having a real set up there and paying like $5 and being given a rattle gun to undo and redoing the wheels would be a 10/10 for me.

5. V8sc gift shop

It would Be nice if DW could get some sort of licensing agreement with all the major teams and being able to sell alot of the tops and gear that you can only get at v8sc events, would be good for all the big family's that can't afford to go to the race's every year and end up missing out on all the good gear that the teams only have on offer to sell at the events.

But yeh that's just my ruff Idea on what could be done to the (redline) area. ????

Defenly a upgrade to the v8 simulator system is ineed as reanimated was saying the sport has changed dramatically over the years since it was first open with another 3 more manufacturers now jumping on board now would be the best time to upgrade it cause there's to be no real major changes to the sport at this time now untill 2017. But here is a list on what I thought could be done to improving and offering the park guest a true and realistic V8supercar experience:

1. An upgraded ride system is a big must, I know that there are a lot more newer car simulator system's out offering a more realestic feel going around Mt panorama.

http://www.carsim.com/products/ds/

http://www.racecentre.com/ Even if they ran forza5 on the Simulators would be better then the system they have at the moment lol.

Anything would be better than the current Nascar simulators they have at the moment. I'd rather they had a GC600 track layout or a more family friendly track like Adelaide. While Bathurst is great and iconic, it's not exactly an easy track for beginners.

2. Upgraded shells/livery.

A big kicker from me would be to have a shell/body of every manufacturer holden,ford,Volvo,Nissan and erbus and having each body programed to the way the certain car handles going around the track, even if they could have the right engien sounds coming out of each car would be mint. :)

The new livery would be great, except which team would they choose? If they were going to do that, they'd be better off having generic livery. We'd probably see RBR (HRT would make more sense though), PRA, Erebus and Nismo and Volvo.

3. Having an actual v8 body sitting there for people to get up close and really giving guest an

Inside look in to all the specs that go in to operating and running a v8sc.

You do realise how much an actual car would cost though don't you? While it would be nice, it's a pretty big investment for something that really would just be sitting around. Do they really want an expensive paperweight?

4. Pit stop practise.

A simulater game would be very cool in to giving guest a shot at seeing how fast they could run a pit stop by removing the wheels and chucking a new set on, even having a real set up there and paying like $5 and being given a rattle gun to undo and redoing the wheels would be a 10/10 for me.

That could be a fun addition to the simulator. Race starts with the car being elevated on the jacks. 2 teams of 4 race to change tyres and drop the car back on to the road. 18+ only (due to dangers involved) hence it having to be an addition.

5. V8sc gift shop

It would Be nice if DW could get some sort of licensing agreement with all the major teams and being able to sell alot of the tops and gear that you can only get at v8sc events, would be good for all the big family's that can't afford to go to the race's every year and end up missing out on all the good gear that the teams only have on offer to sell at the events.

Yes, but the prices would be jacked up so DW made a profit as well. You'd be better off buying online.

Yeh the shell part would probley might never happen but you never know 888 engineering mite have a spear one laying around that won't be getting used on a car any time soon and could put it on like a fixed loan for dreamworld to have it on display for a year or somthing or untill they need it back to build another car, I know brad jones racing has got one spear sitting down back of there factory from when Jason bright crashed at clipsol 500 last year and its to never go back on another car untill there ready to chop it up and use bits and pieces for other shells in the future. So there could maybe be a possibley of v8sc some how getting DREAMWORLD a spear shell to put on display ????

Here she is ?

post-29669-0-18222700-1425341744_thumb.j

Edited by Jakev8