2015 in Dreamworld - ABC Kids World, V8 Supercars and more

Reanimated35

They could move the redline attraction to the old pass centre in Rivertown and update it so it doesn't have PS2 graphics. Then Rivertown could be rethemed to a racing theme. Redline is out of place in Ocean Parade...

It kills me to say it, but I would love to see Rivertown rethemed as a racing hub. Having many different motorsport based attractions all spread out from each other always seemed to be my pet hate at Dreamworld. As much as I love the calmness of Rivertown, theres not much left since the Wiggles took their share and Mick Doohan decided to take over, so it would be better to get rid of those last few buildings and make the whole land cohesively themed around racing

• 2 weeks later...

The old train has been next to the fire station for a couple of months now, and I don't think the Cyclone photos have been taken for a while.

The work on Rivertown is new, however. I think they are finally removing all the old Paddlesteamer stuff, since it has gone to the chipper anyways.

At least it can finally be written off as RIP instead of SBNO once the station has been removed.

Prob the wrong thread for this but kinda somewhat related to DW (sorry I know it's a tenuous link) but going to DW on Friday and with the expected hot weather was thinking of popping into WWW. Was wondering if anyone knew how many of the slides/tubes etc. allow for single riders only as when I went to WnW solo I was disappointed that maybe only about 2-3 slides were able to be done. So wondering if it's worth my time going in or just sticking to DW?

Prob the wrong thread for this but kinda somewhat related to DW (sorry I know it's a tenuous link) but going to DW on Friday and with the expected hot weather was thinking of popping into WWW. Was wondering if anyone knew how many of the slides/tubes etc. allow for single riders only as when I went to WnW solo I was disappointed that maybe only about 2-3 slides were able to be done. So wondering if it's worth my time going in or just sticking to DW?

you can ride the temple of huey slides there's 3 slides to choose from (if their all working) you ride down them on a tube.

the little rippers also in the same area (my fav.)

the triple vortex.

the bro.

the wedgie (if you want the shit scared out of you :P )

the wave pool of course

i'll be also there on Friday i'll be at the temple of huey most of the time.

Edited by bladex

They could move the redline attraction to the old pass centre in Rivertown and update it so it doesn't have PS2 graphics. Then Rivertown could be rethemed to a racing theme. Redline is out of place in Ocean Parade...

I could see this happening. As for the graphics, an upgrade to PS3/Xbox 360 graphics would be nice, but it would take at least a couple a months for a game development company to make it, and to integrate all the fancy controls into the 'game'. Or DW can do a half-assed job and get some PS3's and run Gran Turismo 6 and have the Bathurst track run on repeat. Also, a variant of tracks would be well received by players. Racing on Mount Panorama got really old, really fast.