2015 in Dreamworld - ABC Kids World, V8 Supercars and more

Reanimated35

Thanks for the info Bladex as it seems like there's a fair few solo rider options available at WWW so I'll make sure to bring my boardies along

If you want to ride the other slides you can join a group of 2.

Simpsons Arcade eh might have to check that out on Friday i love that game.

I got that on Xbox Live Arcade. Hopefully it's still working on Friday.

Yeah that's the thing as I saw people at the top of the Bro tower all day as well but isn't there another slide on that tower as the water was never running on the Bro and I swear I saw a sign saying it was shut.

A shame as well today that Buzzsaw wasn't back open as had been hoped and the problems that kept Pandamonium shut all day and Claw shut for nearly the whole day as well

Also I decided to lash out as I'm not likely to be back at DW until this time next year so did the Tiger Walk this morning which was truly amazing stuff and while it is pretty damn expensive (with at least a great deal of that goes to their Tiger Wildlife Conservation stuff which is a very good cause) it is def worth doing.

Anyway was talking to the keepers and the DW rep and found out some info (I think as apologises if this is old news) about the new Tiger Island re-development that's due to start construction in the next 2 months. The plan is for a coliseum style arena with plenty of seating and a new shop which will be the entry and exit point for the area.

The tiger area itself is getting a redesign as well with a new pool area and apparently more room for the tigers to move around however the keepers were unsure about the future of the tiger shows while construction is going on with their belief that the shows and area itself will be gone for the 3-4 month construction phase which will be a blow for DW but by doing this over autumn/winter will mitigate that somewhat.

And judging by the fact that at least one of the tigers is getting spooked by the building of one of the Comm Games stadiums nearby the tigers back of house area it would seem very unlikely any type of shows from them.

Also to possibly solve a question from the Eureka re-opening thread while on the tiger walk the giant 'back doors' of Eureka were open and it was essentially empty other than a set of water dummies which could be where the ahem "famous" dummies have moved to.

Commonwealth Games stadium?

There is no stadium being built in Coomera.

Maybe he means the zombie evolution building? That's all I can think of, since it's nearby and under construction atm lol.

Thanks for the info on the upcoming Tiger Island redevelopment... will be good to see what they do with it.

Edited by OceanGirl

Thanks for the clarification magician as that's how the keeper described it. Cheers for the local knowledge ?

Will be interesting if the parks all try and get some new rides and attractions up and running by the time the games start to try and cash in on the extra tourism that will be generated by the games.

With 3 years to go till the games start you'd think that MW and DW will have something new but that could be more wishful thinking on my part haha

Yeah that's the thing as I saw people at the top of the Bro tower all day as well but isn't there another slide on that tower as the water was never running on the Bro and I swear I saw a sign saying it was shut.

A shame as well today that Buzzsaw wasn't back open as had been hoped and the problems that kept Pandamonium shut all day and Claw shut for nearly the whole day as well

yeah pretty shit day to go to DW but good day for WWW. everything was working (except the bro i guess) they even had both rippers running. speaking of i don't even know why they have that ripper line i've never seen it open! :P

Edited by bladex

I thought when I was climbing the TOH tower and saw the LR line shut thought it was another slide shut but pleasantly surprised to see it was working when I got up there but that's strange they never have that line open as would help with the queues as they had it staffed pretty well with usually 2 people up there so would make sense to have it open but that's their prerogative to have that essentially the staff line instead

Edited by DWP

Lot of things closed in the park today:

BuzzSaw (expected)

MDMC (just wasn't running but not on ride closure sign)

The Train (as its eloquently put on the entry sign)

Big Red Car (broke down)

Zombie Evilution (expected)

Coroboree Food outlet

MDMC food outlet

Tiger Island cafe

Ocean parade food outlet (we get it - you want us at the 3 'new' outlets)

Green bean cafe

Churro kiosk

Hot dog kiosk

All skill games in Dreamworks Experience

Edited by Brad2912

Coroboree Food outlet

MDMC food outlet

Tiger Island cafe

Ocean parade food outlet (we get it - you want us at the 3 'new' outlets)

Green bean cafe

Churro kiosk

Hot dog kiosk

All skill games in Dreamworks Experience

I've noticed many of the outlets which are closed during weekdays sometimes open on weekends, but under limited trading hours - like the churro stand for example... opens for a couple of hours over lunchtime, but closes early afternoon. Same with the giant hot dog stand next to the Wipeout.

Ones like the Tiger Island Cafe & Ocean Parade food outlet I've NEVER seen open... they are always closed, no matter what day or time it is :/ Do they at least open for school holidays? What's the go there???

I've seen quite a few complaints by visitors on the Dreamworld FB page of late about too many things (both rides and outlets) either opening late, closing early or being closed outright.

I can only guess it's to save on wages & running costs during off-peak season, but yeah, it's getting a little rediculous lately. Seems there are closed roller doors wherever you go :/

Oh... the TOTII was having launch issues on Sunday morning as well lol... this happened quite a few times!

trim.FC4B6F97-C752-43CC-A5B2-30C15DBDAB8D.MOV

ETA: Dunno if that posted properly or not... first time I have attempted to upload/attach a video media file XD

Edited by OceanGirl

Seems the TOTII has been experiencing a lot of launch issues lately... last Sunday morning there was a few false alarms at the entrance of the tunnel, followed by a couple of empty cart test runs.

Went yesterday, and same thing again in both the morning AND afternoon. Especially around 2pm'ish, where the ride must have been closed for at least an hour whilst they did test run after test run.

One thing I DID notice however was, during the morning test launches, how high the cart was launching whilst empty!! My jaw dropped seeing it actually get up to the 'ER' for one particular launch... and pretty much all of the rest reached well above the default 'OF' mark.

Comes to show that the weight of the carts (and specifically, the number of people in them) plays a big part in how high the launches go. Not that anyone really suspected otherwise lol ;) But it was still really cool to watch.

Edited by OceanGirl

I remember speaking to one of the ride operators about ToTII's launch speed and they said that under queensland health and saftey laws dreamworld are restricted to a certain amount of negative acceleration (accelerating backwards) to avoid causing whiplash to riders. Whether or not this is true i would put my money on that it is. It is still a forceful ride but it's pretty disappointing that it doesn't go nearly as high as it did despite the car being a metric tonne lighter and carrying one less person. As for Dreamworld becoming a seasonal park. That could be beneficial. On quiet days the park is more than likely running at a loss and they make up the difference on weekends. If they closed the park even just two months of the year that would be a lot of money saved that could be used to improve the park... or line the shareholder's pockets thicker but I'm thinking optimistic damn it XD