2015 in Dreamworld - ABC Kids World, V8 Supercars and more

Reanimated35

Rivertown is getting new decking. The old paddle boat line area has been removed.

post-29205-0-24094400-1430035835_thumb.jpost-29205-0-90397300-1430035806_thumb.jpost-29205-0-47585100-1430035783_thumb.jpost-29205-0-63188100-1430035736_thumb.j

It's gives you a great view of the river - it's a pity the river has a lot of slime and garbage to look at...

post-29205-0-66617500-1430035761_thumb.jpost-29205-0-05861600-1430035711_thumb.j

There even is plant life starting to grow on top...

post-29205-0-07483700-1430035675_thumb.jpost-29205-0-91939100-1430035622_thumb.j

But the turtles and eels don't seem to mind...

post-29205-0-03748600-1430035584_thumb.jpost-29205-0-78205500-1430035882_thumb.j

Front entry fountain work

post-29205-0-23725600-1430035853_thumb.j

looks like their making it higher, wider with lots of steps people can sit on

Hopefully they make it look half decent again. I remember how impressive it looked when I was a kid, being the first thing you see when you walk in. It's looked pretty sad lately, especially since they moved the remote control boats there. Rediculous idea. They never get used anyway :/

Edited by OceanGirl

Hopefully they make it look half decent again. I remember how impressive it looked when I was a kid, being the first thing you see when you walk in. It's looked pretty sad lately, especially since they moved the remote control boats there. Rediculous idea. They never get used anyway :/

you get to use them for about a minute for a dollar and good luck controlling the damn things. i was watching one guy use them once the look on is face after it was over he was absolutely disgusted it was priceless :P

Edited by bladex

The fact that they even put the boats in the fountain really annoyed me. They couldn't just let the thing be something nice to look at when you first walk in and instead try to turn it into something to squeeze a few extra dollars out of the guests. I don't have a problem with up-charge attractions but it has to be executed right and tastefully. The water guns installed on the rapids ride for instance is a great idea and has proven to be popular in other parks but $2 for what is a limited time on them is a bit steep. I would say make it 50c but even $1 would be a much more attractive price. Also would it kill them to theme them to Gold Rush? A simple wooden box covering it would suffice surely.

Just back from DW.

Interesting to see a bit of work going on down Wiggle World way. The old paddle steamer queue area is still fenced off, but there is now a sign saying something new is coming to the area.

The Wiggle World entry has also been taken out, as has all the signage off the cafe in Wiggle World that i havent seen open in years.

The fencing has been removed from around the entry fountain, no water in there anymore, the Ibis's seem to like it though.

First time I've ever gone through Tiger Island and not seen a handler in the enclosure. One tiger was all there was to see. Strange as usually always 2-3 even in off peak periods.

MDMC food outlet is obviously closed for good, hasn't been open in months.

Edited by Brad2912

Thanks for pics pushbutton which illustrated all my points clearly.

The entry signage is a weird one. It's in the middle of the walkway so would be strange spot for a potential attraction.

A re-theme would be stupid and unlikely given the popularity of the area & the wiggles. The old wiggles cafe is sandwiched between other wiggles themed areas do anything short of a wiggles attraction would be strange.

It would make sense for the new V8 attractions to be next to MDMC so that may likely be what's going on around the old paddle steamer area

No, really just lack of proper maintenance and proper money spent on it. It's sister coaster goes right up.

That's true since DW typically never properly maintains their coasters. Look at Cyclone. It's only 20 years old and it's as about as rough as Corkscrew at CP- that's nearly 40 years old.

To me it looks like the fountain is just getting some maintenance. I might be wrong and it might be that they're making changes to it. However if it's just maintenance that's great as far as I'm concerned. It's always good to see things taken good care of.

Having just been to Ocean Park - i've seen what a park can do with their 'entrance fountain'. I missed the show but the infrastructure was clear... it'd be a nice addition to their laser and light show if they had a dancing fountain... they could even 'end' the day with a show in winter months.

The entry signage is a weird one. It's in the middle of the walkway so would be strange spot for a potential attraction.

A re-theme would be stupid and unlikely given the popularity of the area & the wiggles. The old wiggles cafe is sandwiched between other wiggles themed areas do anything short of a wiggles attraction would be strange.

Was the signage updated when the 'new' wiggles took over? Maybe they're doing that if not...