2015 in Dreamworld - ABC Kids World, V8 Supercars and more

Reanimated35

Maybe...

Or it could just be a way to get some extra money.

I have no issue with corporate sponsorship when it is done well and fits the theme of the ride. Honda is a very obvious choice for the Moto-Coaster. Disneyland has been doing this for years, since day one if I'm not mistaken.

I'm all for it if it suits the ride. Some Disney sponsorships spring to mind, such as the Turner Classic Movies sponsorship on The Great Movie Ride and Alamo Car Rental sponsoring the Main Street Vehicles. The way they are executed is great. Pronounced enough to be effective, while also being subtle enough to not feel like you've just been assaulted.

What fuels the fire of hate within me is the Six Flags approach to sponsorship.  It just hurts me to see these...

ninjaSFSL4.thumb.JPG.1c566bc6fb77408246a

rmt1.thumb.jpg.7e3cbfe7bd679ec843cc5ef81

No real care or thought put into it, other than that they're getting some quick coin. Let's just hope Dreamworld can execute sponsorships in a good and natural way, which hopefully won't involve the Cyclone being sponsored by the equally bad Frank Walker from National Tiles advertisements. 

Edited by Zanstabar

I'm all for it if it suits the ride. Some Disney sponsorships spring to mind, such as the Turner Classic Movies sponsorship on The Great Movie Ride and Alamo Car Rental sponsoring the Main Street Vehicles. The way they are executed is great. Pronounced enough to be effective, while also being subtle enough to not feel like you've just been assaulted.

What fuels the fire of hate within me is the Six Flags approach to sponsorship.  It just hurts me to see these...

ninjaSFSL4.thumb.JPG.1c566bc6fb77408246a

rmt1.thumb.jpg.7e3cbfe7bd679ec843cc5ef81

No real care or thought put into it, other than that they're getting some quick coin. Let's just hope Dreamworld can execute sponsorships in a good and natural way, which hopefully won't involve the Cyclone being sponsored by the equally bad Frank Walker from National Tiles advertisements. 

I couldn't agree more. 

Thing is though - Random Rollercoaster No. 1 that doesn't really have a theme to ruin with sponsorship (think Revolution as an example) why not slather it in advertising?

You wouldn't do a full-vehicle wrap on Space Mountain trains, but Knott's Boomerang, SFMMs Revolution... where there isn't really any 'theme' to ruin, I have no problem with it.

Movie World's efforts with Hollywood Stunt Driver 2 (2.1?) gives these Six Flags train a run for their money in tackiness...

I couldn't agree more. On the plus side, at least the vehicles aren't covered in chewing gum advertisements...

Thing is though - Random Rollercoaster No. 1 that doesn't really have a theme to ruin with sponsorship (think Revolution as an example) why not slather it in advertising?

You wouldn't do a full-vehicle wrap on Space Mountain trains, but Knott's Boomerang, SFMMs Revolution... where there isn't really any 'theme' to ruin, I have no problem with it.

Yes and No. If it has no theme to be tarnished, then I'm fine with it, but at the same time they can somehow even mess that up. Take this as an example. 

rmt1.thumb.jpg.7fd93bb62abdb8a517d1f95be

The high-vis colours with the earthy tones of the station and track? Just perfect. They blend together as much as water and oil.

In Dreamworld's case, they've at least tried to theme their rides, and if the Tower of Terror was suddenly sporting a new wrap promoting 5 Gum, I'd be a little ticked off.  

30min wait in line for food on a Friday in a non-school holiday period...

talk about exaggerating.

On the contrary, it IS currently still a school holiday period. WA, SA, NT & TAS have still been on holidays and don't go back until tomorrow. The parks have still been busy over the following week because of this, although Dreamworld (assumably being the biggest park with the most rides) seems to have maintained somewhat reasonable crowds throughout the entire duration of the July school holiday period.

But I do agree that despite the wait, something probably should have been said and done at the time, even if you had to follow up with guest services instead of the outlet itself. They would have budged in for you to solve the problem straight away!

Edited by OceanGirl