2015 in Dreamworld - ABC Kids World, V8 Supercars and more

Reanimated35

if they pull off the designs as illustrated, then i think they will do well - it kind of integrates the whole area as a motorsport precinct as such (without MDMC) - by theming Cyclone, Redline, PBE and the previously ocean-themed food outlet, it will serve to join the attractions together cohesively.

Sure, it's on the edge of ocean parade - but given the GC600 is on the edge of Main Beach, I don't see a problem with the blurred lines... even moreso that cyclone will wrap around an aussie-beach-themed waterpark works as well IMO.

I guess its not quite what we were hoping for when they announced a new V8SC attraction, but I am keep to see what they do with Cyclone. I hope it is more than just a new train, and that they at the very least paint the track, and theme the queue...*

*god knows how on earth they're going to do that, but they'd bloody well better do something with it.

They also is re-verb of the cyclone roller coaster as well including a new coaster car and  re-theming to redline.

The new food shop what's going to be build will probably be a re-theme of the shark attack food & bar shop, next to the wipeout.

Well, i'm sure the cyclone will be 're-verbed' as part of the refurb-ishment... although i'm not sure they did say "new coaster car" in there... they did say "new look coaster" which could just be a paint job and decals.

I'm not sure they've said redline is being rethemed. they may just consider the current state of redline to be 'state of the art'

And yes, i'm certain based on the imagery that the new food shop that's going to be built is just Shark Attack getting a makeover.

bust = nothing NEW worth seeing. couldn't care less about a car exhibit or a new train for cyclone. :lol:

New train might fix you problem of it being rough. 

A reply to Greg on facebook. "Hi Greg, we are just as excited as you are. It's everything you love about the Cyclone, but as you have never seen before” This is DW hype but how do you know you wouldn’t like it if you have never seen it before.

Dreamworlds’ theming has never been great so I wouldn’t care if they called it a “Big Dick” I would still have a ride. 

I’m more worried about DW turning this train around and trying to pass it off as a racing car.  If you really want to ride some great coasters you need to travel.

I remember after my first ride on the Silver Bullet was, “what was all the hype about.”   We already have some pretty good rides in Australia.  Some are fun. “Jet Rescue” Some raise your heart level. GL falling off the tracks.

If you want to ride the best coasters then you have to save up some money and do some traveling.

Too many?

I personally don't see any logic in making Cyclone a racing themed coaster, seeming how it loops and all, it doesn't really give off that "experience" that they (maybe) are trying to go for. For my own opinion on the rest of the motorsport expansion, I'd think I will enjoy it, and thank god they're upgrading the simulators, the tech in there was getting old, fast.

How many racing themed coasters does one park need? I hope they don't advertise it as an all new coaster.

Yes.....2.....what overkill.....

It could be themed to the care bears and people would still ride it. No one it going to pass up trying a ride just because of the theming around it.

It will be an "all new experience", which, depending on what exactly they do with it, might be true.

Too many?

I personally don't see any logic in making Cyclone a racing themed coaster, seeming how it loops and all, it doesn't really give off that "experience" that they (maybe) are trying to go for. For my own opinion on the rest of the motorsport expansion, I'd think I will enjoy it, and thank god they're upgrading the simulators, the tech in there was getting old, fast.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6PQ49B5Gpw

Makes sense enough. Keeping with the V8 Supercars theme, the chain is the cars on the warm up lap, reaching the top of the chain is the beginning of the AZ (acceleration zone), from there the cars complete the circuit and return to the grid. 

If only they had a transfer track they could theme as pit lane.

Dreamworld theme park to open Peter Brock car collection, interactive motorsport precinct

PETER Brock fans rejoice, for Dreamworld is quite literally about to become your dream world.

The Gold Coast theme park is set to open an interactive motorsport precinct after Christmas this year, with its centrepiece to be the world’s largest collection of Peter Brock racing cars.

Dreamworld has taken over custody of Peter Champion’s collection, with around 30 original and replica Brock-mobiles set to go on display.

The park will also renovate and re-theme the existing Cyclone rollercoaster with a motorsport flavour, install six state-of-the-art racing simulators, while the 6,000 square metre area will also add a new train and themed dining and retail areas to complete what park chiefs are hailing a “multi-million dollar immersive motorsport experience”.

“An Australian first, this will be a high-octane revved-up experience, and while the narrative is based on motor racing, there will be something for everyone,” Craig Davidson, Dreamworld CEO, said.

“There is nothing ‘museum’ about this. It’s a motorsport-themed thill-ride precinct anchored by a celebration of Australian motorsport and Brock’s achievements from the 1970s through to his modern day legacy.
We are working closely with the Brock family and our partners to ensure the attraction is authentic and like nothing experienced in Australia before.
Our new-look coaster will be an adrenalin-fuelled hot-lap complete with its famous loop track and music pumped through the headrests.

“Guests can also race each other on the latest fully immersive simulators featuring all circuit rounds of the V8 Supercar series.”

The new attraction will open at Dreamworld after Christmas 2015.

Courtesy Of Herald Sun

he reminds me of Trevor A Knott, always giving mnews that you can't find any where else on Parkz Fourms

Except he understands english compared to Trevor. Trevor's english looks like it was translated through Google Translater. 

Also hopefully Cyclone gets a new color scheme. I'd love red track and black supports.

Edited by XxMrYoshixX
update