2015 in Dreamworld - ABC Kids World, V8 Supercars and more

Reanimated35

I'd say you have about 4 more days to ride Cyclone before it will be changed for good.

Screen Shot 2015-10-08 at 12.29.21 PM.png

Screen Shot 2015-10-08 at 12.31.49 PM.png

Also just noticed, WWWs opening hours are 10:00-5:00 Monday to Friday but it says the slides don't open till 11 (close at 5). Surely this is a mistake because if not, why open for an hour without anything to do?

Edited by downunder196

Well (and i'm just assuming here) being that it isn't a slide, the wave pool would still be open, as would be the wiggles \ kids area and the water playground with the tipping bucket... so there would still be things to do... and I would imagine outside peak season that you'd get through all the slides in an hour or so anyway - so not really something you need all day for.

it does seem a bit silly to open an hour before the slides - could be an error, could be legit.

Well (and i'm just assuming here) being that it isn't a slide, the wave pool would still be open, as would be the wiggles \ kids area and the water playground with the tipping bucket... so there would still be things to do... and I would imagine outside peak season that you'd get through all the slides in an hour or so anyway - so not really something you need all day for.

it does seem a bit silly to open an hour before the slides - could be an error, could be legit.

It's literally everything at the park, just seems really weird to me.

https://www.dreamworld.com.au/day-planner/getting-here#MaintenanceComponent

A half hour wait is acceptable IMHO. It gives you enough time to get ready for the day while also letting the park fill out a little. An hour though? That's stretching it big time...

Now, I haven't heard anything confirmed about this and I'm hoping that someone might be able to inform me about it. With this refurbishment of the Cyclone, will we see it be thematically changed to V8 Supercars? And if so, could we possibly see a rebranding effort done for the ride? The progress Ardent have made in the park over the last few years has been a welcomed improvement, but I feel leaving the Cyclone as-is (in theme and name) would be a big step back.

With this refurbishment of the Cyclone, will we see it be thematically changed to V8 Supercars? And if so, could we possibly see a rebranding effort done for the ride? The progress Ardent have made in the park over the last few years has been a welcomed improvement, but I feel leaving the Cyclone as-is (in theme and name) would be a big step back.

It has been officially confirmed that Cyclone is being rethemed, and assumbly renamed. Quoting from an article I linked to a few pages back....

"The attraction will also include: Refurbishing the existing Cyclone rollercoaster into a motorsport themed rollercoaster; Supercar racing simulators; and a themed event space to cater for 250 seated people."

Also just noticed, WWWs opening hours are 10:00-5:00 Monday to Friday but it says the slides don't open till 11 (close at 5). Surely this is a mistake because if not, why open for an hour without anything to do?

Someone complained to DW on FB about this, meaning that this is correct. Apparently DW's reasoning for this is because the park closes an hour later. You'd like to think as we get closer to Summer that the rides would be open at 10 when the park opens, and I'd be very surprised if they kept it this way during Summer as well. Between November and February they should open WWW at 9:30 and rides open at 10.

IMHO - in summer break \ holiday periods - the water parks AND rides should open at 9, and go until at least 7pm. I have absolutely no doubt the parks would be busy. In the last few weeks of november \ first weeks of december before school breaks, perhaps they could open at 12, and stay open until 7 - all one needs to do is take a look at the successes of WnWS in attracting the "fuck me, its so hot after school, lets take the kids for WnWS for a couple of hours" crowd.

I definitely think they should at be open 9-7 during December. And 9-9 in January (as they did at the beginning of the year). In regards opening 12-7, in my opinion I doubt they'd do that. It is a good idea to open for an extra couple of hours after school during November/early December, but I still think they should open at 10. Even if they stayed open for an extra hour (10-6). That would give a decent amount of time after school finishes.

all one needs to do is take a look at the successes of WnWS in attracting the "fuck me, its so hot after school, lets take the kids for WnWS for a couple of hours" crowd.

Haha yep, consider my family to be part of that crowd. We regularly take the kids to one of the parks after school, most recently it has WnW because of the warmer weather. We would prefer WWW, however with a 4pm closure outside of school holiday periods it is just not worth it ?

I agree it is a silly move on Dreamworld/Whitewater World's part to continue reducing their ride & slide operating hours at this time of year. They are shooting themselves in the foot by not making the most of it and staying open for as long as possible each day :/

The gold coast council website is very slim on actual detail - it discusses noise pollution broadly without stating specific time limits on activities. I think each matter woul dhave to be considered on a case by case basis.

Simple fact of the matter is that if MW can run rides at night until 9, WnW has no excuse for not trading up until 7... and possibly 9 as well. The attractions at WnW run a lot quieter than MW (and for the most part the screams are less too) so I don't see any problems with them trading late - (and the former Dive'N'Movies are further evidence of this)