2015 in Dreamworld - ABC Kids World, V8 Supercars and more

Reanimated35

8 hours ago, Zanstabar said:

Probably been covered to some degree already, but it's only just dawned on me how much the Food & Beverage options have improved lately. We're getting a sports bar, which already sounds promising, not to mention Dough Bros and the Green Bean. 

It may sound pathetic, but I'm more excited for the food offerings than these upcoming attractions

You're not the only one who is more interested in the food options than what is being added around the food outlet.

9 hours ago, Brad2912 said:

Well with 1 month to go until opening, there has been no work externally completed on either the ride or queue house/turbine room. Whilst that's not to say work hasn't taken place inside in the loading area, I have never heard any noise coming from that area, nor seen any movement (you can see fairly clearly up into the loading area from the path in WWW. I'm no longer expecting much of a revamp given the time constraints (and given there is still much work to do on the new food Outlet, the museum and the simulators), which is disappointing. I think we'll see no changes except the obvious train upgrade and a new logo.

I have heard power tools coming from the cyclone's building while walking through WWW last week.

If they don't fix up the queue, I'm afraid to say the ride could be worse off than it already was...

1 hour ago, Santa07 said:

I have heard power tools coming from the cyclone's building while walking through WWW last week.

If they don't fix up the queue, I'm afraid to say the ride could be worse off than it already was...

That's an impossibility. If they don't change the queue, the ride will still improve by the addition of a new train. How could not changing the queue outweigh the new train to the point of the ride being worse?

6 hours ago, Brad2912 said:

That's an impossibility. If they don't change the queue, the ride will still improve by the addition of a new train. How could not changing the queue outweigh the new train to the point of the ride being worse?

Theming-wise I mean. At least the turbine originally had some sort of point to it didn't it?

32 minutes ago, Ashley said:

I know it may be just a picture.

But the colour for the track is the same yellow. 

151126_Sidewinder-Opening-L.jpg

How observant of you..

26 minutes ago, Xexon said:

I wouldn't mind if the track stayed the same colour, but it needs to be repainted, colours look so dull now.

Thinking back, the Thunderbolt only had one complete repaint in its 22 year life so I don't have much hope. This is Dreamworld 

Yep, This is Dreamworld, the one park that IS putting effort into its theming and upgrading the looks around the park 

2 minutes ago, liz.wis said:

I think "this is Dreamworld" is becoming irrelevant now, as I consider they've really picked up their game on park maintenance.  Sure, there could be some improvements, but they're definitely taking steps in the right direction.

Yeah true. They have done some really good things. Does anyone else think the ice cream parlour is amazing? I'm just a bit sceptical, I take a 'I'll believe it when I see it' sort of attitude 

19 minutes ago, Xexon said:

Yeah true. They have done some really good things. Does anyone else think the ice cream parlour is amazing? I'm just a bit sceptical, I take a 'I'll believe it when I see it' sort of attitude 

But you can see it... The dough bros, the sandwich shop, the ice cream parlour, the new globe/entrance, even ABC4Kids World. Theming wise and refresh wise they are blitzing their competition 

14 minutes ago, The_Ninja_59 said:

image.thumb.png.5c2581bf040e3703111692fa prediction time! :)

Maybe there not talking about the cyclone (HWSW) as it still it will re-open on the 31st of December according to the            maintenance page on there website, they maybe talking along the lines of eureka cause why wouldn't announce about the        cyclones refurbishment.   

In short DW is saying they have nothing major being built in 2016.   If they had a major new ride then they would have something in place by now.   It's not like a Bunnings and you can purchase this stuff of the shelf.    If you look at the question being asked it goes something like this.  Hi DW,. MW are getting something kickass next year.   Are you getting something kickass too?     DW because they have nothing planned but don't won't you to buy a pass to MV come back with the only thing they could say.   DW could not promise anything because they have no kickass coming so they danced around the question.