2015 in Dreamworld - ABC Kids World, V8 Supercars and more

Reanimated35

11 hours ago, lifeofsamage said:

If you look at the end of the structure just after it fires you can see a flicker of light. That was the fire. It was more noticeable in real life

My BBQ does the same thing when the gas bottle runs out. The flame goes 'puff' as the last of the gas burns under pressure, but then residual gas, no longer under pressure is sucked into the vacuum left by the flame, and it flickers briefly once more.

If you're hanging your hat on 'a light fixture caught fire' based on a flickering flame - i don't believe it. Again I restate that what I am seeing looks to be the pyro running out of gas in the middle of the show.

Unless someone can show me a melted fixture... I don't accept it - not to mention that anybody doing a show on this scale would have minimum clearances between pyro and lighting, and secondly - a quick puff of flame like that isn't going to be enough to set plastic on fire - at worst even if it did happen - the fixture would most likely continue to work and it would have a slight deformation of the housing.

4 hours ago, AlexB said:

My BBQ does the same thing when the gas bottle runs out. The flame goes 'puff' as the last of the gas burns under pressure, but then residual gas, no longer under pressure is sucked into the vacuum left by the flame, and it flickers briefly once more.

If you're hanging your hat on 'a light fixture caught fire' based on a flickering flame - i don't believe it. Again I restate that what I am seeing looks to be the pyro running out of gas in the middle of the show.

Unless someone can show me a melted fixture... I don't accept it - not to mention that anybody doing a show on this scale would have minimum clearances between pyro and lighting, and secondly - a quick puff of flame like that isn't going to be enough to set plastic on fire - at worst even if it did happen - the fixture would most likely continue to work and it would have a slight deformation of the housing.

See this is whats wrong with the world. I try to post relevant content to what is being discussed and people try to challenge it. Why the fuck would i waste my time trying to argue if it didn't happen. There where 3 of us that noticed it. oh well i guess I'm just seeing shit.

In the photo attached there is one more light that is out of shot. The top clear housing is what caught fire so it did not interfere the use of the fixture. Also you can clearly see there is about a 500mm clearance around the pyrotechnic device. These are the same people who do all pyro for fright night and they know what they are doing. 1780783_902786309804789_6769540181265457

Oh and also the flicker I'm referring to is to the right of the flames. Its showing the fixture on fire

17 minutes ago, lifeofsamage said:

See this is whats wrong with the world. I try to post relevant content to what is being discussed and people try to challenge it. Why the fuck would i waste my time trying to argue if it didn't happen. There where 3 of us that noticed it. oh well i guess I'm just seeing shit.

In the photo attached there is one more light that is out of shot. The top clear housing is what caught fire so it did not interfere the use of the fixture. Also you can clearly see there is about a 500mm clearance around the pyrotechnic device. These are the same people who do all pyro for fright night and they know what they are doing. 1780783_902786309804789_6769540181265457

Oh and also the flicker I'm referring to is to the right of the flames. Its showing the fixture on fire

Actually - this board has quite a history of people wasting their time arguing about shit that isn't true. #FireEyes #CantileveredRoofVentsSmoke. People get called out (*and caught) for bullshit posts all the time...

In your original post - you said a light was set on fire.

On 8/1/2016 at 10:50 PM, lifeofsamage said:

second show tonight one of the pyro flame throwers misfired and set one of the lights on fire. The show isn't as good without fire

You subsequently said it was the protective housing. Now you're saying its the rain shield. I'll accept thats what you meant all along, but you have to understand you caused some confusion there.

Now, i've watched the video you posted frame by frame. What I see, after the flame out is a flicker that is substantially further than the flames reached, and if you watch closely, that same flicker is visible BEFORE the pyro is fired. Chances are the 'flicker' on the video is simply the lamp visible through a vent, and it comes and goes as the head rotates.

I'm not in a position to post screenshots of the vid, marked up with what i'm saying - so maybe we're just talking about a different flicker? Who knows. When I get home i'll fire up the video and do a closer analysis... but until then, I'm still not sold, and as I said - until I see pictures in situ, I don't believe it has occurred quite how you say. Doesn't mean you're wrong, just means I don't believe it. No reason to get butthurt just because someone you don't know doesn't believe what you post on the internet.

4 hours ago, Brad2912 said:

Yep.. Like most other rivers in the world.

oh for all rivers to run translucent blue like the bay's of the Maldives..

I just find it to look too 'Brisbane River brown'. It could probably be a bit less brown than that. But I guess it doesn't look like an algae golf course any more, so that's a good thing.

43 minutes ago, xRazzBerryx said:

I once saw a video about the Rivers of America @ Disneyland and the video said that they purposely made the river look a bit brown. This is so that you couldn't see the track underneath the river, and also so that you couldn't tell the river was only about 2m deep. 

Actually, it's a green dye, to make it look green, not brown.

I'm nowhere near 100% on this, but isn't the Murrisippi connected to Oakey Ck? And if so - then it probably can't be a bit less brown than that as it is the natural water colour.

You know what, after seeing the show tonight in pretty sure the pyro has now been moved behind the lights and elevated which would say to me maybe they did have an issue. As why else would they move it mid run?

As for the park, can't say enough good things from my visit today. 

Beat Box I think is a great night time addition. And also after seeing it I re-instate my earlier comment that there is 100% no way that show could be done with a DJ playing live

There's merit in the idea - but as to why else would they move it? if they're run off gas canister as most are (as opposed to gas lines to a central feed) - perhaps some safety officer had an issue with crew replacing canisters that had to be loaded from the front, and rather than get heights \ harness qualified techs to do that every day, they decided to move it backwards so it could be loaded without it?

Plausible? Yes.

Plausible a pyro effect mis-fired causing heat damage to part of a fixture? Yes.

Plausible a light "caught fire" for "a fraction of a second and self extinguished" ? No.

for a fraction of a second? that isn't 'catching fire' thats being scorched by the source of the flame.

thats head damage. the fire never caught... but now we're onto semantics. I don't agree a light fixture 'caught fire'. I accept it is plausible a flame was in too close a proximity to a component and caused it to melt \ deform. I don't see a fixture catching fire.