2015 in Dreamworld - ABC Kids World, V8 Supercars and more

Reanimated35

From the email sent our regarding renewing passes -

Dreamworld in 2015 will be a whole new era of happiness with new rides, new food outlets and amazing new attractions.

So, what "New rides" do you think we might see in 2015?

-- Are we in that cycle where they're due for more high-capital spending?

What new shops do you think we'll see given they're just about to open the pizzeria (Friday 28/11/14)?

Are these "new" rides more likely to just be makeovers of exiting rides?

-- If so, what do you want to see?

******Also, petition to have the anyone who mentions any of the following to have a 24-48hr ban...

- Replace Eureka

- Build a B&M coaster

- Move the vintage cars

- Remove/move/change the Motocoaster in any way

You know, I'd love to see the following happen at Dreamworld:

- Replace Eureka

- Build a B&M coaster

- Move the vintage cars

- Remove/move/change the Motocoaster in any way

Damn it mba I was about to say the same thing

Srsly tho a big 10 needs to be something big, if they're gonna build one.

Like, a replacement for eureka. or a b&m. or something else biiiiig.

2015 I think we'll see another large existing ride refurb like wipeout received this year (maybe Thunder River) as well as a new kids ride, maybe in wiggle world which is probably due for some love after the Dreamworks introduction.

2016 will be 'Big 10' Year where we hopefully see a large scale, Australian-first drawcard.

I'd rather them not do too much next year, and open a big attraction 'Big 10 Ride' the year after. I'd be happy if they continued the minor maintenance work that they've done this year that's overall improved the appearance of the place.

True, personally I want to see a full park makeover in the same way they did OP. I mean repaint everything, tidy up the gardens (even something as simple as new chipbark would do wonders) and then once that's done, give the log ride a bit of a remake.

The new food outlets are the Pizza cafe, a gourmet sandwhich and salad bar, a gourmet burger restaurant similar to Grill'd and a chocolate bar similar to Max Brenners.

Source?

2015 I think we'll see another large existing ride refurb like wipeout received this year (maybe Thunder River) as well as a new kids ride, maybe in wiggle world which is probably due for some love after the Dreamworks introduction.

2016 will be 'Big 10' Year where we hopefully see a large scale, Australian-first drawcard.

How long is left on the Wiggle contract? Not having kids myself I don't know how relevant they are to today's generation of young kids??

Got a mate who's a carpenter and the company he works has been approached bye Macquarie trust group "if that's still the company that owns dreamworld"

Anyway they'v have asked his boss to come out and give them a quote on the log ride about doing some major timber works and stuff all over ride and was also saying that Secura Scaffold was also apparently there doing onsite quotes for the lift hill and other parts of the ride, will ask and see if any dates have been put throw yet.

No idea on the Wiggles contract, I don't believe that was ever publicly disclosed.

Very relevant still just with the 3 new guys. My 2 year old and many friends kids love them, still selling out hundreds of shows a year

Got a mate who's a carpenter and the company he works has been approached bye Macquarie trust group "if that's still the company that own Dreamworld

DW is owned by Ardent Leisure, separated from Macquarie Leisure in 2009

Those saying not to spend on a new ride and to do work on an existing ride area somewhat sure this year they did Wipeout and Tailspin plus most of Ocean Parade so no reason why they can't do something like that again, open the refurbishment mid year for new ride later in the year like as been done this year.

Will say the statement "new rides" is an interesting wording as it implies more than one new ride. Guess time will tell.

It's not that they can't open a new ride/s & refresh one & renew facilities etc, but there is obviously a maximum capex available per annum, which may not be enough for the 'big 10' ride we want to see, in which case a moderate spend in 2015 may allow for increased spend in 16. All pure conjecture though.

They'll actually build something we want like an awesome new rollercoaster (I'm not sure but it looked like some land was getting cleared near the log ride - saw on top of Giant Drop) or finally replace the Mine Ride, or do both, but the new ride will open Boxing Day so you'll have to get a new pass if your pass expired December 24.

No idea on the Wiggles contract, I don't believe that was ever publicly disclosed.

Very relevant still just with the 3 new guys. My 2 year old and many friends kids love them, still selling out hundreds of shows a year

DW is owned by Ardent Leisure, separated from Macquarie Leisure in 2009

Ok yeh sweet

My 6 year old liked the Wiggles from about 18 months old, til about 3. My 3 year old has liked them the past year, but has stopped asking to watch the DVDs in the last couple of months. She still requests going on the Big Red Car ride each Dreamworld visit, I'm hoping she'll be over it soon. So they're still very popular for their target market, but only for a fairly limited time in my experience.

Although I do use the Big Red Car ride as a threat to the 6 year old "Behave yourself, or we'll make you go on the Big Red Car ride", it's very effective.

They could get a Zamperla Thunderbolt in memory of the original.

http://www.zamperla.com/products/thunderbolt/

Hopefully, they'll continue with Gerstlauer and get one of their coasters.

http://www.gerstlauer-rides.de/products/roller-coasters/

No. Just no. Apparently that Zamperla Thunderbolt ride is horribly rough.

No. Just no. Apparently that Zamperla Thunderbolt ride is horribly rough.

Yeah, I was just suggesting it because of its name and the fact that it has a pretty small footprint, but you got me.. what's your source?

The initial reviews I could find mention that some of the transitions were a bit off. Did it get worse after it opened?

http://themeparkreview.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=53236&start=820

Edited by iwerks

I was really surprised how good the Thunderbolt was for its small size. The air-time was great, loved the vertical lift hill and I wouldn't personally describe it as rough. It's a little jerky in spaces but fairly smooth.

I think it would be a good roller-coaster to add to any park needing a small footprint ride.

They did a minor refresh of Gold Rush Country when BuzzSaw opened in 2011 so I don't see them doing too much work to it just yet unless they finally do something with Eureka. Honestly i'd love to see Rivertown (or whats left of it) get refurbished. Motocoaster could stay there quite easily with a few minor changes to the theming. An example would be if the licensing or sponsorship with Mick Doohan ran out and they didn't want to renew it they could always retheme it to an old time motorcycle race. The ride would just need a repaint and some details added to the trains. They could get rid of the huge obtrusive facades or even retheme them and it could even blend in sort of with the gold rush / rocky hollow theme. It would be a rather inexpensive retheme and would make the whole area much nicer.

There is physically nothing wrong with the motocoaster, it's just been poorly executed and marketed the wrong way. Heck, you could even go back to Dreamworld's roots and theme it to something like "Kenny and Belinda's mad race" and the theming could pay homage to the original vintage cars that were on the site.

I'm taking a guess that they are making a flat ride for next year? Just a quick question as well, Is Car Park B (near the BB) big enough for a roller coaster to be placed there?

yes it is but Dreamworld won't and can't build a roller coaster there as Big Brother is continuing for the next few years!

Edited by Cooper Olsen