2015 in Dreamworld - ABC Kids World, V8 Supercars and more

Reanimated35

7 hours ago, Zanstabar said:

Totta, next time can you please clarify whether something you post is official or made by you? It's becoming a bit of an unwanted trend.

well every time I say something when I put a photo on here people start a shit war on about it!

Edited by totta3
needed change

Many moons ago, Lethal Weapon was repainted by these guys:

http://www.performancepaintingco.com.au/projects/hospitality/movieworld-lethal-weapon/

The website info has changed, but I do remember there was some info about how long it took and the machinery they used. I'm pretty sure it took about 8 weeks or more... and they had an entirely closed envelope to work in - they didn't have to contend with waterslides, and public access areas.

Plus - last thing you want to do is put up a brand new paint job and then have a new train that isn't properly calibrated grind it all off with an improperly aligned bogey.

Given the difficulty of it surrounding WWW, i'm not sure they'll bother unless absolutely necessary.

Many moons ago, Lethal Weapon was repainted by these guys:

http://www.performancepaintingco.com.au/projects/hospitality/movieworld-lethal-weapon/

The website info has changed, but I do remember there was some info about how long it took and the machinery they used. I'm pretty sure it took about 8 weeks or more... and they had an entirely closed envelope to work in - they didn't have to contend with waterslides, and public access areas.

Plus - last thing you want to do is put up a brand new paint job and then have a new train that isn't properly calibrated grind it all off with an improperly aligned bogey.

Given the difficulty of it surrounding WWW, i'm not sure they'll bother unless absolutely necessary.

Dreamworld Now Have 2 More Tiger Cubs So Now There Is 3 Tiger Cubs At Dreamworld.

Dreamworld Tiger Cubs

DOUBLY CUTE!
TWO MORE CUBS BORN AT TIGER ISLAND

CUB KAI SEES HIS SISTERS FOR THE FIRST TIME

CUBS WILL BE ON DISPLAY IN THEIR NURSERY LATER TODAY

In another win for tiger conservation, Dreamworld’s five-month-old tiger cub Kai has become a big brother with two healthy female tigers born at Tiger Island on Sunday 29 November 2015.

Welcomed as the next generation for Tiger Island, the sisters are the second litter born at Tiger Island this year to nine-year-old female tiger Nika and her 11-year-old beau Raja. Their first son Kai was born at Tiger Island on 29 July 2015.

Peeping through the window, Kai saw his new sisters today (14/12) appearing in their Tiger Island nursery for the first time. Dreamworld guests can now see the super cute duo at Tiger Island daily.

Yet to be named, the cubs weighed 1.28kg and 1.12kg at birth and have gained almost 1kg each to date. Veterinary checks have confirmed mother and her two daughters are well.

Dreamworld CEO Craig Davidson said the cubs were a vital addition to the park’s interactive tiger program which actively contributes to saving tigers in the wild.

“Kai was the only cub in his litter so it’s great for him to have some playmates. I’m sure it will be like Tiger Island ‘kindergarten’ around here for a while,” Mr Davidson said.

With less than 3,000 wild tigers left, tigers are critically endangered. Dreamworld through the Dreamworld Wildlife Foundation is the largest zoological contributor to tiger conservation in the world.

Dreamworld General Manager for Life Sciences Al Mucci said Nika’s second pregnancy was a planned event.

“Nika was transferred as part of the European Endangered Species Program (EEP) from a zoo in Poland to Dreamworld in 2012 for breeding purposes,” Mr Mucci said.

“We are very lucky she has found a suitable mate in Raja and has produced two sets of cubs.”

Tiger Island Manager Patrick Martin-Vegue said he was delighted with the progress of the sisters.

“We’re doing daily health and weight checks on the cubs. They’re drinking 350ml of milk and putting on almost 100 grams a day which is a great sign,” Mr Martin-Vegue said.

The cute duo will get to play with their big brother Kai and their adult counterparts on Tiger Island from mid-January.

Dreamworld guests can see the cubs and Kai daily at Tiger Island.

VIP Tiger Cub Experiences with Kai are still available and the new cubs will join the program in late January.

151130-341_Tiger-Cubs_Gallery-03[1].jpg

151130-341_Tiger-Cubs_Gallery-01[1].jpg

151130-341_Tiger-Cubs_Gallery-02[1].jpg

The Cyclone page has been updated... https://www.dreamworld.com.au/Home/rides/thrill-rides/Hot-Wheels-SideWinder

Are you ready for an epic race?

OPENING 26 DECEMBER 2015,  the Hot Wheels SideWinder, is one of the tallest, high-speed gravity rollercoaster's in the Southern Hemisphere. Sitting in your own Hot Wheels car with music pumping through the carriage, you’ll speed through a reverse sidewinder and 360 degree loop and 13-storeys of revved-up, heart thumping high-speed fun.

The Hot Wheels SideWinder starts out getting the tyres warmed up, gently hoisting riders 40 meters above the ground to reveal that to the right is the pendulum motion of The Claw, to the left is the sparkling blue waterpark with views to the Gold Coast Hinterland…Ahead is the centre of fury and the point of no return launching you off the grid!!

Within seconds, thrill seekers are plunged down a deathly descent hitting speeds of up to 90 kilometres per hour, whipped through hair-raising loops and hurled into a screaming  reverse “SideWinder”.  If you think you can take it on, then be prepared to feel the full force by the Hot Wheels SideWinder as you tear around the track in this epic race!"

1 hour ago, pushbutton said:

I wonder how they got the idea that people wanted a racing car area in a theme park?

Doesn't seem a good idea to me. 

Oh Please. the ship has long ago sailed on those kinds of discussions, but in short, try this as a starting point:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Motorsport_in_Australia

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Australian_motor_racing_series

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/V8_Supercars#Gold_Coast_600

It makes sense when motorsport is such a large industry within Australia, and one of the biggest V8 events (arguably the V8 events are the epitome of 'Australian' motorsport) is hosted on the coast not far from the park itself - i should think it would stand to reason that Motorsport as a theme would work really well.

For further information - see all the previous posts made about this subject somewhere in the last 50 pages of this thread.

3 hours ago, pushbutton said:

I wonder how they got the idea that people wanted a racing car area in a theme park?

Doesn't seem a good idea to me. 

It has a Motorsport WALK THRU attraction, I'm surprised you are not harping this as the greatest addition in the history of Australian theme parks 

Also, for anyone who is interested. The New Ride Express Webpage is up. https://www.dreamworld.com.au/park-info/ride-express

Zombie Evilution is back on the website; no other changes that I've noticed.

From the Ride Express page:

MORE SCREAMING, MORE TWISTING, MORE HAPPINESS WITH RIDE EXPRESS!

Want to get the most out of your visit to Dreamworld? RIDE EXPRESS is Dreamworld's virtual ride queuing system that takes happiness to a whole new level! With three speeds to choose from, you don't have to wait in line.

It's important you tick off the list of must-do rides at Dreamworld. These can be pretty popular at times so increase your happiness by letting Ride Express hold your spot in the line. And what's more, our new Gold speed allows up to 90% faster access to the ride!

Choose your speed:

Purchase Ride Express online then activate on entry at Dreamworld.

Ride Express | Q-Mobile conditions:

• A maximum of 6 people may be registered per booking
  • SMARTPHONE only
  • You will need to have access to the email address that you used on your booking on your smartphone that you will use for Q-Mobile.

Bronze - $25 per person

Silver - $40 per person

Gold - $65 per person

On 12/12/2015 at 5:35 PM, ThemeTendo said:

IMG_1041.thumb.JPG.4fe27d31c2f77803b8e08

There are three variations of the system; Bronze, Silver and Gold. (Below is copied straight off the sign)

Bronze: Virtually places you in the queue while you continue to explore the park. (Equal to the current wait time)

Silver: Virtually places you half way in the current queue wait time. (Up to 50% Faster)

Gold: Ride Express Gold Riders, please simply head straight to selected ride. (Up to 90% Faster)

Disclaimer: Wait times are an approximate and subject to change.

3 hours ago, Santa07 said:

This was posted on DW"s facebook page. Perhaps some of HWSW's theming? https://www.facebook.com/dreamworld/posts/10153375238718613:0

3 hours ago, Santa07 said:

This was posted on DW"s facebook page. Perhaps some of HWSW's theming? https://www.facebook.com/dreamworld/posts/10153375238718613:0

I doubt it is Cyclone's theming. The ride is themed to HOT WHEELS.

18 minutes ago, The_Ninja_59 said:

pictures can be seen via my Facebook Page, the website is still not letting me upload photos hmmm ?

Is it though? It seems to be an issue completely isolated to you and yet conveniently your pics work fine on a facebook page you want to promote.

Your pictures upload perfectly fine when I try.

1914434_1002222763176982_39457060208702512360003_1002222773176981_8001616255032712366427_1002222753176983_28847575056119

Also does anyone else immediately think of Grill'd when  they see the new burger joint?