Surfrider / Gold Coast

Noxegon

Surfrider is my favourite ride at WnW. The free spinning nature feels more out of control than a similar ride like The Claw which feels very smooth and is almost relaxing in a way.

I usually ride it multiple times during the day to dry off, I do miss the water though.

I wish they had one of these at WnW Sydney, but I don't think it's even that popular on the GC. Hope they decide to keep the ride for the years to come.

They should really move it out to Sea World and operate it properly. Whilst they have integrated it well, it just isn't right for WnW. The old pirate ship site at SW would be a good spot, a great filler until they're ready to do something else, and round out the park for attractions since the loss of CorkViperSeaScrew.

They should really move it out to Sea World and operate it properly. Whilst they have integrated it well, it just isn't right for WnW. The old pirate ship site at SW would be a good spot, a great filler until they're ready to do something else, and round out the park for attractions since the loss of CorkViperSeaScrew.

I dunno. It's existence at WnW means that sad touring coaster enthusiasts pay admission to enter a park they wouldn't otherwise bother with :)

I dunno. It's existence at WnW means that sad touring coaster enthusiasts pay admission to enter a park they wouldn't otherwise bother with :)

Given that single park general admission to MW and SW is $93, and WnW is $69 unlimited entry until 28 February, but the Super Pass is only $99.99 (28 days unlimited to all 3), or the VIP magic pass (until June 30) is only $109.99... I don't think there's any merit to that. Clearly those "sad touring coaster enthusiasts" would see the value in one of the 3 park passes (as it's cheaper than a separate ticket to MW and SW) which would include admission to WnW. Yes there is a 'per cap' revenue to be made if they actually set foot in the park - but if those STCE's are only visiting for the credit, chances are they'll walk in, ride it, and walk straight back out anyway... especially since it didn't cost them any more to attend the park... so how much benefit is there for the park really, for that particular market?

Also I think Gazza (who has made many long distance cross country treks across numerous countries just to obtain a ride on a particular coaster in a particular park) would take issue to being called "sad"...

Aren't we all coaster enthusiasts here? (or at least theme parks)... wouldn't any of us take a slight detour if there was a park to visit on the way? Does that make us all sad?

Aren't you the one looking for travelling fairs in February that have coasters you could ride?

That was apparently their original intention...

In fact early reports suggested this ride was due for installation at Sea World but one thing led to another and Village Roadshow Theme Parks needed to find a home for the multi-million dollar attraction which the company had already signed off on.

http://www.parkz.com.au/article/2007/02/22/103-Parts_arrive_for_Wet_n_Wild_s_latest.html

This was around the time the "temporary" Sea World Eye had an extended 2-year run on the Thrillseeker site so maybe Surfrider was destined for that spot?

Nobody ever said it would be considered a replacement for SeaScrewCorkViper... but the park is lacking an attraction, and Surfrider would fill that hole and round out the park.

Attractions. It really should have been a direct replacement for when the Pirate Ship was removed, as you have stated.The fact that SeaViper is now gone as well only exacerbates that need. Surfrider would be an excellent addition to a park that is in dire need of rides to balance out their offering that is heavily skewed towards shows and animal attractions. One major ride installation to replace SeaViper and another smaller ride ( which is where Surfrider would be ideal) would be ideal in addressing this imbalance, in my opinion.