Sign in to follow this  
Richard

Forum URL Change

15 posts in this topic

Please note that the forums are no longer located at http://www.totalthrills.com/forums. They are now found at Roller-Coaster.com.au. The URL is http://www.parkz.com.au/forums/. Please update any links, bookmarks etc. The Total Thrills version will remain up as a mirror for a few days, but you should change over nonetheless. :)

I'd say you can expect the new Total Thrills in perhaps two or three months, depending on how it all goes. The new site won't be nearly as complex as Roller-Coaster.com.au is, but it will be a reasonably sized site again. What you can expect, as I'm sure I've said before is a more general site and a more graphically intensive site. I'm essentially tinkering with the design now, getting it right - nothing's been done in terms of coding or anything.

Sorry, what I meant was when could we expect Total Thrills to close? But you have already answered my question by saying that you are going to upgrade it in 2-3 months, hence it wont be closing for a while but why are you running two webistes about the same thing?

They're not really about the same things. Roller-Coaster.com.au will cover Australian parks in a more general way. Essentially, Roller-Coaster.com.au is not an opinion based site but rather a fact/information based site. Meanwhile, Total Thrills will become more of a "me" site, expanding on what it currently is - a site that I put together containing my photos, my opinions and all those subtle little jokes about how bad Australian parks are that I don't think many people get :). It'll cover my travels, especially those outside of Australia or not to do with theme parks, my interests and all that sort of stuff. It'll all come together nicely. With the way Roller-Coaster.com.au was designed, it is a very low maintenance site (i.e. everything does itself/happens with one click). It'll still be frequently updated, but it takes only a fraction of the time Total Thrills did. The new Total Thrills will be similarly low maintenance, so it's really not a big workload.

Just a quick question, are the current galleries that are up complete, or are you just getting the galleries up with a few pics for the sake of getting everything ready, to add more pics later, BTW I really do like this new site, very professional and imformative.

Have you given any more thought to a Coaster Game Forum? It would be pretty cool to exchange tracks with each other outside of a competitive environment like coastersims. And if the forum fails you can always just remove it.

I reckon a forum would make even more sense old son. Why should he? How about you buy your own software and pay for your own webspace and you can knock your socks off talking about Coaster Games? I hope you and everyone had a great Easter.