Eureka Mountain Mine Ride reopening discussion

rappa

I really hope the ride reopens, partly because I'd love to ride it again, but mostly for the bitching on here from people whose nostalgic memories got the better of them.

If it re-opens, stand by for the following complaints:

Low capacity

Short ride

Shoddy themeing

Too violent

Questionable clearances

Again, I liked the ride, the drop out of the mountain before the station flyover was a particular highlight for me, the crazy arse s-bend in the dark at the end also never failed to make me happy.

I just get the feeling that the people who have remembered it being so amazingly themed and top notch will be surprised when they see a UV skeleton that looks like it was purchased from Crazy Clark's.

I think that when they started with the ad campaign "Big 5 Thrill Rides" it was these rides...

Giant Drop

Tower of Terror

Wipeout

Cyclone

The Claw -Not yet built

Thunderbolt

Thunderbolt was removed and The Claw took its lace to go back up to 5

Mick Doohan didn't open till 2007, to be renamed the "Big 6"

Then the Buzz Saw, "Big 7"

Panamonium, "Big 8"

Tail Spin, "Big 9"

EDIT: Now we are back to 8... for now :)

I think your right in saying it was never part of the "Big 5"

If I knew when this advertisement was done Id be able to check...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=lwRAk36KeMw

Although when you look at this page from 2005, it shows it as part of the "Thrill Rides" in which there are 5 after Cyclone opened but before The Claw was opened
https://web.archive.org/web/20050303002405/http://www.dreamworld.com.au/dw/dreamweb.nsf

So I'm now not so sure if it wasn't

EDIT: Just found a quote from these forums from 2004

Well thanks to the help of Dreamworld.com.au i have some new closure times in store from now to the end of June.

This is most probably a good thing for dreamworld taking in the fact that they have been doing alot of themeing around the park and might be actually taking some pride in thier big 5 thrill ride's themeing situation...

...Just one point as well about the Big '5' Thrill rides: Thunderbolt was one of them, so its now the big 4 thrill rides (not that you'd tell with the advertising slogans still all over the Coast).

So they did have the Big 5 when the Thunderbolt was around... Proving that Eureka was not a "Big 5", otherwise it would have been "Big 6"

Edited by BTTF Forever

Found some more images laying around... "Cough"... Yeah this is becoming a bit of an obsession ;)

btoqVJi.jpg

Also I wasn't so sure before but now I do remember the Mine Ride being a "High Thrill" ride

PPxxcsJ.jpg

The track seems to be in relatively good condition too...

C9HMxH0.jpg

How'd you get those photos? Do you work for the park?

Despite apparently not being counted as a "Big" ride back in it's first lifetime, I don't believe there is there is anything stopping Eureka from being given the title if/when it is reopened. Especially if they do any new work on it, or upgrade it from its original state.

I mean sheesh.... they count the Tailspin as a thrill ride. So I think that proves that anything is possible lol :P

Well I think Dreamworld should win an award. Why make a mine themed roller coaster themed to be abundant mine. Why not make it an actual abandoned mine ride. Great theming I think. Well done Dreamworld for going to the extra effete for this wonderful piece of scenery.

LOL Always good to end the night on a joke.

• Richard changed the title to Eureka Mountain Mine Ride reopening discussion