Eureka Mountain Mine Ride reopening discussion

rappa

• 2 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, Ashley said:

As DW are spending 7 Millions Dollars on a refurbishment for tiger island this year I think where safe to say eureka will not have anything done with it this year maybe we should change the name of this forum to Eureka Mountain Mine Ride Will Not Open At Some Specific Point.

Why though. We haven't been able to confirm that they will never reopen it. It just won't be on the cards for a little while longer. maybe 2020?

Hell, maybe with the games approaching they'll hurry up and fix up that side of the park instead of trying to herd everyone away from it. 

Eureka operated for 7271 days

As of today it's been SBNO for 3402

Therefore I predict something will happen in the next 3869 days, so by the 3rd of October 2026** something might happen*.

*I'm basing this on the assumption that it would be a real joke for a ride to spend more time SBNO than it did actually operating, I'm sure there would be a few examples out there, but we'll see.

**God... I'll be 32

• 4 weeks later...

Visited DW today and while having a look in there Main Street Emporium shop  I noticed one of there DW shirts recently done with buzzsaw, TOT2, River Rapids and more but the main thing that stuck out was the fact of them having Eureka Mountain and people who were seating in a mine cart with there arms in the air. Maybe I'm just going out on limb but my point is while would they personally put a closed down ride on there merchandise it would be  like putting the  Skylink Chairlift on a shirt, why unless they may personally have plans for it for the near future. 

10 hours ago, OceanGirl said:

@Ashley really? I'm gonna have to go and check that out now lol :D Fingers crossed.

I figured a shirt design change would be on the way soon, as their Big 9 checklist one is now outdated - it had the Cyclone listed on it lol.

Really truly and as it had been changed not so long ago as HWSW was on there and Eureka defiantly closed before the Cyclone was turned into HTWS as I said it would be like the Skylink Chairlift on a shirt why would you display or promote a was is closed down unless they possibility have plans for the ride in the near future.

Or, it could be that they had scheduled Eureka to be reopened at around the time the shirts were released, so with forward thinking, they inserted it into the design, and then with the unexpected Cub arrival and numerous other spanners in the works, Eureka got put on the back burner, and someone in marketing and merchandise learned a valuable lesson about counting big thrill rides before they're hatched!

• Richard changed the title to Eureka Mountain Mine Ride reopening discussion