Eureka Mountain Mine Ride reopening discussion

rappa

Well Dreamworld are using eureka mountain for storage if  it had asbestos in the mountain it be able to be used for storage and would require having portable fencing around it or at least with signs on the mountain warning you about asbestos so as there is none of that I think where  safe to say that there is no asbestos in the mountain.

27 minutes ago, Levithian said:

It's only an issue if there are dust/fibers anyway. How many people do you think live in asbestos lined/clad homes in australia? nobody is urging people to tear down houses immediately, safe to live in if it isn't disturbed.

Not only that but roughly 40,000km of water pipes in Australia are asbestos cement. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • Richard changed the title to Eureka Mountain Mine Ride reopening discussion
  • 3 months later...

I disagree. To me it's more "watch this space". It doesn't give anything new away. Until the day the demolition crew roll in, there will always be a watch this space about Eureka.

I'm not saying it wouldn't happen - the park has shown it wants to do it - it's whether they can... although once again - considering the level of activity over at MW, I don't accept that they had to shelve these plans to focus on TI, Lego, HWSW and shop refurbs

5 hours ago, AlexB said:

I disagree. To me it's more "watch this space". It doesn't give anything new away. Until the day the demolition crew roll in, there will always be a watch this space about Eureka.

I'm not saying it wouldn't happen - the park has shown it wants to do it - it's whether they can... although once again - considering the level of activity over at MW, I don't accept that they had to shelve these plans to focus on TI, Lego, HWSW and shop refurbs

I agree. I didn't think my post was contradicting what you said?

I just thought the 'present status' of the ride's future was that they will re-open it if they can & the Facebook comment reinforces that again. The keyword being 'if' in both that sentence & DW's Facebook comment. 'If' indicates either demolition or re-opening. Maybe I worded it wrong or something but I do agree with you.

Edited by Jamberoo Fan

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm probably just going out on a limp here, but do think Dreamworld might still have plans for eureka and not full demolition like we think.

Why I say that is even know that eureka mountain is still there it continues to remain on the map when everything else is gone, blue lagoon, log ride and of course rapid ride. Second of all if Dreamworld plan to demolish like they do with TRRR wouldn't you think they would have the fence barricading eureka mountain off as well as the bridge going to the rapid ride.

Edited by Ashley

25 minutes ago, Ashley said:

I'm probably just going out on a limp here, but do think Dreamworld might still have plans for eureka and not full demolition like we think.

Why I say that is even know that eureka mountain is still there it continues to remain on the map when everything else is gone, blue lagoon, log ride and of course rapid ride. Second of all if Dreamworld plan to demolish like they do with TRRR wouldn't you think they would have the fence barricading eureka mountain off as well as the bridge going to the rapid ride.

1 - It's part of the building still on the map.
2 - You can't exactly just build a fence and pretend the mountain isn't there.
3 - The old queue area provides a nice shady seating area on a hot day.
4 - There's no reason to cover an already SBNO that most people have long given up on.