Eureka Mountain Mine Ride reopening discussion

rappa

Hey guys!

I'm at Dreamworld atm and just spoke to a senior ride attendant about the mine ride. She confirmed that they HAVE been doing test runs recently. But according the the head of maintenance, the track is currently not in the best state and needs work, which is going to cost a lot of $$ to fix up. She said that they have been using the inside of it for storage for years now as well, so probably full of rats nests, spiders etc lol.

Anyway she believes they are *definitely* planning to re-open it, and it's case of "when" not "if". It just depends on when Dreamworld want to spend the finances on fixing it finally, which could be soon, or years from now.

The time share chick outside of the river rapids also confirmed she has seen them doing a bit of work on it lately!

So there ya go :-D

I'm in the area of the ride atm, so will see if I can get some piccies before I leave. But yep I can see the water test dummies at the station too :)

Edited by OceanGirl

This is great news to bring back a ride which was a fantastic ride. On the discussion about fire safety and mountain they are testing track which seem to apply that fire safety they might of sorted that out and main work will be on repairing the track and after all these years we have posted every now and again that work seemed to be getting done behind closed doors.

So the future of the ride might be on the way back even know it won't be opening this year unless Christmas or sometime next year with rebuild of the ride.

Dreamworld is making the theme park better with wipeout restored with water and better movements so old rides do still have a future

And with adventure world turning into a great theme park with abyss and another Euro fighter coaster rumoured to be opening there this year.

Dreamworld would like to spend money either on a big roller coaster of there own(tho room for this isn't there unless the removal of cyclone or spend money and bring back a favourite ride back

Although this may look promising I think the real issue here is the mountain itself. If something goes wrong can riders get out, is it fire proof and up to all of those standards etc. I think this is why it shut in the first place. It didn't meet the modern day fire regulations.

The mine ride did not close because it did not meet the current fire standards. If that was the case then they would have to close every building in Australia as the fire code changes every year.

And with adventure world turning into a great theme park with abyss and another Euro fighter coaster rumoured to be opening there this year.

Since they've announced they're building a water slide... and it's pretty pointless building two of the same damn ride in the same park.... i think your info is a little off.

This is great news to bring back a ride which was a fantastic ride. On the discussion about fire safety and mountain they are testing track which seem to apply that fire safety they might of sorted that out and main work will be on repairing the track and after all these years we have posted every now and again that work seemed to be getting done behind closed doors.

So the future of the ride might be on the way back even know it won't be opening this year unless Christmas or sometime next year with rebuild of the ride.

Dreamworld is making the theme park better with wipeout restored with water and better movements so old rides do still have a future

Ah no.Sorry you are incorrect.Not sure where you are getting your info from, but Adventure World is NOT rumoured to be getting another Eurofighter at all. They WILL be getting a new water slide,as of yet unknown type. Please check your sources before posting. This information is readily available on these forums where even the CEO of Adventure World contributes to the discussion.

I'm going to agree with reanimated here. As far as we know, the ride has been sitting there for almost a decade without being touched. I very much doubt they would be able to operate test runs without investing quite a bit of money into it already. I also very much doubt that they have been maintaining it to a standard at which they feel they can test the ride, but still need to invest a fair amount of money to bring it to an operational standard.

However, if they are planning to reopen it. Then that is great news! :D

Edited by mba2012

Well if the side show stalls that currently occupy the queue line disappear then it is definitely much safer to say it is returning.

I've visited DW numerous times over the past week and have yet to see that sideshow open even just once. It's always closed and empty! Do they at least open it for school holidays, or is it abandoned now?

^That certainly sounds promising, but I doubt they would call reopening the mine ride 'A New Big Attraction' but rather something like a 'Favourite Returns' or 'Gets a New Lease of Life' in the same way they did with Wipeout last year.

That's not to say they aren't considering reopening it (I hope they are), but maybe it is on track, as suggested above, for next year for Gold Rush's 30th. Or, the reopening rumours could turn out to be false and they are infact preparing for the rides demolition / replacement.

^I agree. I'm not expecting the Mine ride to open (if it is going to) this year. Maybe next year. Regarding the Tiger Island Anniversary, I wonder if that relates to the rumours from late last year/earlier this year about it getting an upgrade/makeover. It would be good if there was a new attraction for DW and one for WWW.

Just left DW, nothing doing at Eureka. 2 water dummies, just plonked on the station. Nothing else any different to anytime in the past 5 years.

Did have an awesome experience in The Lair. A tiger was up on the see-thru viewing area above the walkway and wasn't too happy that my son & I were underneath him, got some great photos & video of him wishing that inch thick glass wasn't there and he could have an easy meal

Edited by Brad2912

I don't get all the posters saying "they WOULD have to rebuild the track" "it HASNT been maintained" or even the "I DOUBT".

I mean nothing is known. They may well have continued to maintain it in an opening standard. And I've no doubt 2 weeks ago we all would have said "I doubt it will ever re-open". Now it seems that is wrong so the idea they haven't maintained anything may also be wrong.

Also to add to this, they mentioned via Facebook and their website today that 2 new 'BIG' attractions are coming this year. Does big mean they will be added to the big 9 thrill rides?

Also the Tiger Island refurb which commences this month was also officially announced.

Exciting times ahead at Dreamworld since Movie World has no plans for rides this year.

When I first read it, I was thinking BIG could refer to a new thrill ride, since they are the Big9 Thrill Rides. Where did read about Tiger Islane getting a refurb, because they only said they have special celebrations for the 20th anniversary? Still early days, Movie World may have something planned.

Edited by themagician

I mean nothing is known. They may well have continued to maintain it in an opening standard.

As mentioned in my previous post, I was told by DW staff yesterday that they have been using the inside of the mine ride for storage over the past few years. So no, definitely hasn't been maintained to opening standard, if that is anything to go by! She suspects that been issues with pests - spiders, rats nests etc. so it needs a good spray and proper cleanout. And that the track is not in the best state and, quote, "needs a fair bit of work". But they have been fixing parts up and doing test runs of late.

She was a senior ride attendant and said a lot of her info was sourced from the maintenance team. Seemed pretty genuine.

So make of it what you will, but I believe what she told me and it is does seem definite that the ride will be re-opening, it's just not known when, as it's going to cost a lot of money on repairs alone. It depends on how soon Dreamworld is prepared to do this, and if it's going to be in time for the ride's anniversary :)

^That certainly sounds promising, but I doubt they would call reopening the mine ride 'A New Big Attraction' but rather something like a 'Favourite Returns' or 'Gets a New Lease of Life' in the same way they did with Wipeout.

How did they promote the TOTII when it was (re)opened? Was it promoted as a new ride, or a modification of an old one? That might give some clues. Edited by OceanGirl

Hopefully Mack is doing the refurb.... :lol:

Seriously though, given the information and known evidence on Eureka over the years( both visual and anecdotal), I really dont think it is a huge stretch for anyone to have doubts about its reopening. Most posters ( myself included) are, however, happy to be wrong and have stated as such.

Given the length of time of Eureka's SBNO status, the fact that we knew that it was being used for storage ( there was a photo doing the rounds a while ago which gave a glimpse into the mountain), the well observed inactivity on the site and even official replies from Deamworld regarding the ride and its fate, surely should be enough evidence for anyone to approach this news with some caution.

If it re-opens then awesome- I will certanly look forward to revisiting my fond memories of this ride. For posters who arent old enough or who didnt have the chance to ride it years ago, if it occurs, then you are in for a treat. Fingers crossed this becomes a reality!

I was one of those who never got the chance to ride it. I've been told about the basics of the ride and what happened, but what made it such an awesome ride. Was it because of the themeing and experience you had when riding, being able to be in a mine cart and zooming around a mine, with TNT about to go off, etc?

• Richard changed the title to Eureka Mountain Mine Ride reopening discussion