Eureka Mountain Mine Ride reopening discussion

rappa

I applaud DW for at least making the area comfortable and some needed shaded seating. 

I think you will find this is simply an interim measure at least until a positive solution is reached that will hopefully make everyone happy. DW WANT TO REOPEN THIS RIDE - just as many have speculated and one way or another, I am confident that we will be see something positive coming to the old Mine Ride site by the end of next year

2016 is going to be a bumper year for growth in our Parks. Without a doubt MW has big plans too and how awesome would it be if a runaway mine cart coaster was built over the Western show stage area - along with a fun flat ride for the old LW theatre.

Game on I say!

Sad but true... was sitting down at one of above park benches just minutes ago before leaving the DW lol. However also confirmed that they aren't fixed to the ground in any way, and are therefore easily removable at any time if they decide they want to do something different with that area.

Can confirm tables move 

image.jpeg

If Dreamworld were to reopen the ride they would need:

- New carts, up to date with 2015 safety standards (the reason why the ride closed)

- Rebuild theming inside and outside the mountain

- Touch up faded exterior 

- Over-haul ride systems and operations

- Rebuild the station and queue

Seems like no more than a $3-5 million job. No way would they get a new ride as good as Eureka for that price. I think Dreamworld management are making quite a poor decision neglecting it. Especially because seeing it so visibly closed causes a lot of disappointment for a lot of people. 

Does anyone think this ride will ever reopen? Or will anything whatsoever happen?

Edited by Xexon

If Dreamworld were to reopen the ride they would need:

- New carts, up to date with 2015 safety standards (the reason why the ride closed)

- Rebuild theming inside and outside the mountain

- Touch up faded exterior 

- Over-haul ride systems and operations

- Rebuild the station and queue

Seems like no more than a $3-5 million job. No way would they get a new ride as good as Eureka for that price. I think Dreamworld management are making quite a poor decision neglecting it. Especially because seeing it so visibly closed causes a lot of disappointment for a lot of people. 

Does anyone think this ride will ever reopen? Or will anything whatsoever happen?

> We don't know for sure that's the reason

> No shit

> As above

> As above

> You mean we can't just walk through a wall now? 

> They aren't neglecting it. They're trying to open it. It can't be done overnight, this kind of this takes time and there's always going to be other things that pop up needing priority, currently that's the motorsport area and a decent chunk of money going to that. 

> Have you even read this thread?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Richard changed the title to Eureka Mountain Mine Ride reopening discussion