Eureka Mountain Mine Ride reopening discussion

rappa

5 hours ago, OceanGirl said:

Here's the t-shirt in question... 

20160402_141457.jpg

20160402_141437.jpg

I dunno, the fact they have the mine cart hidden by the ToTII makes me think they are trying to deliberately avoid any speculation. Looks to me like they just used Eureka to represent the Gold Rush area on the shirt? It's still anyone's guess, though! 

Nice find! Someone who isn't me post it on the dream world Facebook page and see if they make comment. Dreamworld hates me.

• 1 month later...

I think the main reason why people are so upset with this whole issue is not the fact that the ride closed, but how it closed so suddenly without prior warning. I went on it basically only about a month before and had no idea that there was anything wrong with it and that it would close.

And when it did close Dreamworld said it was only shut for maintenance reasons and will open again soon. Now, 10 years later and it still stands there abandoned without Dreamworld giving the general public a proper explanation on why the ride's just sitting there rotting away. I've really lost hope that the ride will ever open again, the coaster's screwed

Edited by coasterdude44

17 minutes ago, coasterdude44 said:

the coaster's screwed

Can you support that?... considering we had several reports of test runs, and photo evidence of train movement on the track - We've all seen the photos. We know the theming is shot. the mountain is run down and its a bit dusty, but come on - we have no evidence of any mechanical flaw in the system at all...

1 hour ago, AlexB said:

Can you support that?... considering we had several reports of test runs, and photo evidence of train movement on the track - We've all seen the photos. We know the theming is shot. the mountain is run down and its a bit dusty, but come on - we have no evidence of any mechanical flaw in the system at all...

yeah but the test runs are pretty few and far between, there is still glimmers of hope but we still don't exactly know why the ride closed in the first place. A ride doesn't just close for almost 10 years with out a good reason, for all we know there could be tons of problems inside that mountain that might can't be fixed

Edited by coasterdude44

Yep.

reinvesting significant capital to refresh Eureka would likely not have a subsequent significant uplift in attendance or revenue.

The fans Boys/girls and nostalgia-lovers will line up for a crack, realise they've massively over credited what the ride was in their minds whilst it's sat idle, and not bother again. 

Your average attendee will quickly realise it's a poor mans SDSC, and won't bother again. 

1 hour ago, Brad2912 said:

Yep.

reinvesting significant capital to refresh Eureka would likely not have a subsequent significant uplift in attendance or revenue.

The fans Boys/girls and nostalgia-lovers will line up for a crack, realise they've massively over credited what the ride was in their minds whilst it's sat idle, and not bother again. 

Your average attendee will quickly realise it's a poor mans SDSC, and won't bother again. 

I'm with you Brad.  I would rather see DW not spend money on it.  It was crap. It was rough and short.  The first half of the ride, nothing happens.  It only had a couple of small drops then it takes a few sharp corners at the end.  At least when it first opened the first part of the ride did something. (But that track is long gone)  It reminds me of the motor coaster except in reverse.  The motor coaster starts with a small punch then after that you just what to get off.

If they both demolished eureka and the motocoaster and both build something better in their place I think the park would greatly benefit from that

Eurekas replacement should be something like mystery mine at dollywood or some type of eurofighter with an indoor dark ride section followed by a few inversions in a compact space

We've spoken at length about the difficulties in demolishing eureka mountain and rebuilding there. The area is a major thoroughfare that has no easy access externally, it also sits above an operational ride, and adjoins to the cinema. 

The entirety of Gold Rush would need to be closed for months, and that would just be for the demo. 

there are also the rumours, however unsubstantiated, of potential asbestos within the fibreglass mountain, which if proven to be correct would be even more troublesome. 

I don't think DW had initially planned to keep the ride SNBO for a decade, I just believe they soon found any other option to be too much trouble 

Edited by Brad2912

• Richard changed the title to Eureka Mountain Mine Ride reopening discussion