Eureka Mountain Mine Ride reopening discussion

rappa

No one (sensible) is saying use TRRR's layout, rather remove TRRR, flatten that whole area and use that land for a well executed relocated vintage cars.  That ride taking up a large piece of visable real estate seems like a very cost effective way of making the park feel more open and give a bit of kenetic energy to the area, which would give the park a chance to add something new without that whole area hanging over their heads. 

TRR: 410m @ ~45kmh - approx 4:00.

Autopia - 782m @ ~9kmh - approx 5:10.

Both good rides. I'd like to see the vintage cars updated to match the Autopia systems and manoeuvrability on the track. It's keeping a classic and refreshing it at the same time to keep it interesting. 

15 minutes ago, joz said:

No one (sensible) is saying use TRRR's layout,

Well I'm going to be the non sensible one and say, why not? It's a good space for vintage cars.

19 hours ago, Slick said:

Since there's just so much crazy speculation, i'll clarify: Dreamworld's CEO has gone on record to say that "areas" will be refreshed and repurposed. Adding to that, the Mine Ride, Log Ride & Vintage Cars will re-open by December this year. So here's some logic: if you wanted to be smart with your capex (and the major reason for the Mine Ride's closure was due to changing safety standards (mainly the envelope of the ride's tunnels) then if you've got a team of folks who are removing the Rapids Ride, it'd then be cost effective then to get them to work on the removal of the Rapids Ride, removal of whatever you need removed from the Mine Ride and have the Rapids Ride landscaped appropriately & ready for whatever you plan to put in there next in one hit.

From there, you, as an enthusiast can ask logical questions that flow on from that. If there's no Rapids reservoir, do you need any of the bridges or elevated pathways anymore? And if not, is that why there's a path being poured down the bottom of the Giant Drop as we speak? Is that why they've waited so long to install the electronic boom-gates for the train at Main Station? Maybe they were waiting to do two or three sets all in one hit? And from there, if i'm being conscious about capex, what do I, as a CEO, fill that land with? If I was Craig, i'd maybe move the Model T Ford Cars there. It's inoffensive, it's nostalgic, it's a great family ride and it would be dirt cheap to fill a large space with, especially with something that families love. It fits the old timey theme, and would help bridge the area well.

There you go. There's some serious thinking there that's based logic and facts that I would love to see on Parkz more instead of constant back and fourth over nothing that happens constantly. ;)

As a side-note, Wipeout is being worked on as we speak. A lot of the areas where there was visible NDT have now been painted over with a primer.

Vintage Cars is not moving from its current location and should be open for the September school holidays if it's refurb is done on time.

And one attraction that is being repurposed is the Cinema.

On 17/07/2017 at 4:42 PM, Evie said:

Vintage Cars is not moving from its current location and should be open for the September school holidays if it's refurb is done on time.

And one attraction that is being repurposed is the Cinema.

Vintage cars not moving was my gut instinct, too. Vintage cars are from the early 1900s, Eureka is set sometime in the 1800s.

I still see the TRRR footprint left as parkland for a year out of respect.

As this thread is about Eureka, however, I'll ask: are we any closer to an answer regarding the current ride staying, or a new one going up quickly inside a hollowed-out, theming removed mountain?

1 hour ago, Glubbo said:

As this thread is about Eureka, however, I'll ask: are we any closer to an answer regarding the current ride staying, or a new one going up quickly inside a hollowed-out, theming removed mountain?

Unfortunately we are not any closer to an answer.

But for all we know Dreamworld could be working on Eureka outside of park hours, so as much as it doesn't look like anything is being done you never know Dreamworld might be doing things.   

• Like 1

14 hours ago, themeparkaddict said:

I tried a bit harder, got a little bit more out of them, haha. But they probably thought I had some form of mental illness.

S70720-19564486.jpg

"...Mine Ride is in the process somewhere.."? They have already announced they are doing something with it. Just a longer, generic answer I'm afraid. But your question to them is hilarious :P

• 1 month later...

Dreamworld have posted this on Facebook today.

Mine Ride Update:
Thursday 14 September 2017

If you’re visiting us over the next couple of months you may notice we’ve started work to remove the mountain covering the Mine Ride.  

The removal of the Mine Ride mountain will not impact the Park’s day-to-day operations.

When we remove the mountain we’ll be able to make firmer plans for the site, which could include new attractions, so watch this space.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Brad2912 said:

Any progress is positive progress. 

I agree @Brad2912 it is positive.  Interesting it only talks about the removal of the mountain and not the ride.

@themagician You should do a retraction for what you said on your Facebook page and not simply change what you said

You have told 11000 people the ride is being removed.  Once I have read a post I don’t go back half an hour latter to see if the post has changed.

Edited by Skeeta

Another update has gone up

Mine Ride Update: 
Thursday 14 September 2017 at 12:37pm

The Mine Ride closed 11 years ago and at the time didn’t meet modern fire safety compliance standards. It also no longer fits the visual standards of Dreamworld. As mentioned, once we have removed the mountain covering the mine ride we will make an assessment as to the future use of the site. Stay tuned!

• Like 1