Eureka Mountain Mine Ride reopening discussion

rappa

1 minute ago, Gold Coast Amusement Force said:

Where can you find blue lagoon, is it still visible?

It was near the old Big Brother shop 

Originally you could see into the area but it has now been fenced off, (the best way to see it was to go on the Dreamworld Express)

• Like 1

The Facebook page states:

The Mine Ride closed 11 years ago and at the time didn’t meet modern fire safety compliance standards...

My interpretation of this statement would be that the ride does not meet modern fire safety requirements (e.g. the required number of emergency exits etc), not that the mountain is not fire safe. I'm sure that if the mountain was not fire safe, it would have come down as soon as Dreamworld became aware of this.

Forgot to post these from yesterday2976AD52-BEFD-44DB-B37B-54F1F370DBA6.thumb.jpeg.b611cdc14fc72656961c13bb77a5f577.jpeg9AF10FF6-52F7-4F26-AE09-8CCE77A0EDCF.thumb.jpeg.cef6c0859d490391bf631a2b00e2d695.jpeg

8997DF99-D22E-43FA-9309-F5313F95A247.thumb.jpeg.afd3910fb3d77643095818597ca0064c.jpeg

I know you can’t really see what’s going on in the third picture but there was a mine cart sitting in there with the lift hill exposed

TPG managed to get a good shot via the help with James from PCL of the lift hill and the mine cart in sight 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Reanimated35 said:

It's funny to see how little the mountain was actually held up with. Makes me wonder if it was done today how much different it might have to look. Those photos just make it look so flimsy. 

Good enough to have it stand for all this time, taking only an ex-cyclone to damage it enough to trigger action.

Also, was curious, but from the pic there is smoke sensors/alarms in the mountain. Cool.

1 hour ago, Glubbo said:

Good enough to have it stand for all this time, taking only an ex-cyclone to damage it enough to trigger action.

Also, was curious, but from the pic there is smoke sensors/alarms in the mountain. Cool.

Always would have been. It is probably a mixture of flammability and sufficient escape paths that are it's problem. 

So sad to see the mountain like this  goodbye childhood memories! Gold rush country was amazing when it first opened it was so immersive you actually felt like you were in a mining town the staff wore themed uniforms the ambient music when you went on Eureka you felt like you were in an abandoned gold mine when you went on the rapids you felt like you were going on a raft expedition on a raft made out of old wooden barrels good times!  at least they are keeping the ride itself  maybe they will put a new mountain up in a different theme?