Eureka Mountain Mine Ride reopening discussion

rappa

37 minutes ago, pin142 said:

Not really a bad guess saying the park had a plan b incase they have ended up where they are now. Any smart park operator would have had something planned for this scenario.

Even if they do, I can't really get excited about the remote possibility of a "plan b" attraction maybe opening at Dreamworld eventually! 

I am dumb, so I await correction by someone wise!

Let’s be perfectly honest here, whilst Dreamworld do make some wtf decisions, they would have had a good idea whether the ride was worth saving or not before they tore the mountain down. They may be silly but they aren’t stupid. The announcement by Craig that they are exploring keeping it on, only to veto it a mere month later suggests to me that this is a statement that they are willing to do anything to ensure the guest is safe.

• Like 1

On 21/12/2017 at 11:19 AM, pushbutton said:

I'm 99% sure there are no plans at this stage. I think there definitely should be,  but there aren't because until this week, they thought they could reuse the mine ride and just build a shed over it.

im willing to think reopening eureka  mountain mine ride was there plan b as its ardents way of always doing things the cheap way 

its likely 100% there is now no plans for the future other then the demolition of thunder river rapids 

and the likely sale of the park been high - witch could sadly lead to the parks closure if someone won'ts the land for houseing etc 

The timing is odd.  Instead of telling people why they should be coming now the news is filled with mentions of last year's events in exchange for telling people about what's coming next year.  I'm all for building hype but it's almost at the expense of this year.  Even with the missteps surrounding not being able tl have the Wipeout, Log Ride, Trolls meet'n greet and Kiddie Ferris wheel open, they still have ways to market themselves.  They could really market that WWW & DW are the same massive park now, they could be marketing that the DW pass is cheaper and bettee value than Village. 

But instead it's 'Oh wait till you see what we're doing next year!'  'Tickets not on sale now!'

Tourists paying $199 aside, is $79 really that much better value than $139? given the choice of parks you have from village.

Even at nearly $200; people were paying $110 for yearly passes and having to shell out of tickets to white christmas, etc, now the price has gone up nobody seems to be looking at the inclusions? what about dropping the "until june" pass and just giving you a proper 12 months from the date its active? It wasn't very long ago that dreamworld was about $150 a year for a pass that included dreamworld and www. Plenty of people were still choosing dreamworld/www over village even when the village option was cheaper.

3 hours ago, joz said:

The timing is odd.  Instead of telling people why they should be coming now the news is filled with mentions of last year's events in exchange for telling people about what's coming next year.  I'm all for building hype but it's almost at the expense of this year.  Even with the missteps surrounding not being able tl have the Wipeout, Log Ride, Trolls meet'n greet and Kiddie Ferris wheel open, they still have ways to market themselves.  They could really market that WWW & DW are the same massive park now, they could be marketing that the DW pass is cheaper and bettee value than Village. 

But instead it's 'Oh wait till you see what we're doing next year!'  'Tickets not on sale now!'

While I do technically agree with this and there's ways they could have promoted the current offerings, us enthusiasts are constantly barking on about how the marketing depts need to announce things earlier on. This event was really highlighting the future of the park, and honestly, I think locals will respond sooner rather than later because it gives them some reassurance that the park will stick around for a few more years.

The longer-term "rainbow" in all of this, is it now gives DW the chance to do anew pretty much the entire former Gold Rush area, hopefully with very well themed major new quality attractions.

To be honest, it's a bit "make or break" for DW and how serious they are at present a quality product going forward.

Now...let's just get rid of the Super Hornet AKA ToT that screams through the middle of the park, that awful "motocoaster" - or whatever it's called and bring the Vintage Cars back - get that whole area themed again!] And finally - not that they will - "can" the water park...or at least move it - not expecting it of course!

Not sure who's themed that place in last 20yrs or so...but were they drunk?

• Like 1

The vintage cars are already back, and they're planning to expand the waterpark. Considering we're in Queensland I'd say that's a very good idea.

I agree TOT is ridiculously loud, but I have to admit now that I've finally been on it I do enjoy the experience. Just a shame it's so loud! DC Rivals goes fast but it's virtually silent, so it can be done I'm sure!

I am dumb, so I await correction by someone wise!

25 minutes ago, joz said:

DCA removed Maliboomer and Superstar Limo as part of improving the park.  Just throwing it out there

That may be true, but DCA has a lot more going for it that DW. 

TOT2 still holds the longest lines consistently in the park - partially due to a terrible capacity - but also because it’s a unique attraction to the park. 

Whilst it bisects a large portion of the park, it doesn’t particularly encroach on the area being redeveloped, the removal of the track wouldn’t really provide enough land for a substantial or equally unique attraction in its place either due to the elevation and layout 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, RobMac said:

The longer-term "rainbow" in all of this, is it now gives DW the chance to do anew pretty much the entire former Gold Rush area, hopefully with very well themed major new quality attractions.

To be honest, it's a bit "make or break" for DW and how serious they are at present a quality product going forward.

Now...let's just get rid of the Super Hornet AKA ToT that screams through the middle of the park, that awful "motocoaster" - or whatever it's called and bring the Vintage Cars back - get that whole area themed again!] And finally - not that they will - "can" the water park...or at least move it - not expecting it of course!

Not sure who's themed that place in last 20yrs or so...but were they drunk?

Yeah quite possibly the silliest comment I’ve seen in a while.  Remove their signature attraction, possibly the only thing that can compete with MW.