Eureka Mountain Mine Ride reopening discussion

rappa

Whilst it’s lifespan is certainly closer to an end than it’s beginning, in my opinion, it can’t even be a consideration until there are 3-4 strong additions to the park.

Do you remove the tower and lose GD too? Or just the track? 

We’re talking about a park that had intentions on reopening a decade-long closed attraction if it’s was at all possible. TOT2 won’t be going anywhere until it literally can’t make it out the tunnel anymore...

• Like 2

Yeah no, I can't see DW removing its signature attraction any time soon. It may be expensive to operate and maintain but it's one of the few things keeping guests at the park. And I personally quite like the roar. MDMC would be a good candidate for relocation/removal if they were tight on land - but they're not so it's not really hurting anyone keeping it around.

The main issues I have with MDMC is the lack of comfort and how horrible the theming has become. Yes we can all agree it shouldn’t be classified as a Thrill Ride, and it’s quite slow and not the most exciting ride, and the Jet Rescue is so much better. But I think they should invest in replacing all the rides theming around the queue area because right now it’s very worn out and makes the whole area look really tacky. Investing in some new trains would be awesome too, so the ride is much more comfortable or more efficient to get into and out of. Because damn that plastic pushing against your knees and legs really hurts, especially towards the end of the ride.

• Like 1

Just to de-rail this thread some more...

The Tower of Terror is one of my all time favourites, it's just a classic for me, AND i'd totally support removing it tomorrow because:

• it's ridiculously loud, especially when compared to any modern ride
  • it divides the park and the white tin tunnel is a horrendous sight
  • it doesn't do what it advertises anyway (go 160k/ph and 115m)
  • It's nearly 21 years old and well into its twilight years anyway given the current state of electronics and ride systems

Since Dreamworld are so into pinching my ideas i'll throw them another one i've already written about - scrap Tower of Terror & Giant Drop, keep the tower, and install a Sky Jump (Falcon's Fury/Ikaros) - then you'd actually have a modern thrill ride that would be as terrifying as Rivals, would market well, wouldn't cost a whole lot to retrofit and could be integrated into the Rocky Hollow space.

• Like 5

21 minutes ago, Skeeta said:

What idea did DW pinch?

The idea of leveraging nostalgia, the steps to achieving it and even building an i-Ride and whacking it in the old cinema is an idea they've copied liberated right down to the word use. Not mad, just amusing.

http://ourworlds.co/2017/news/whats-dreamworlds-next-move/

• Like 1

@Roachie People have been wanting Soarin at DW for as long as I can remember.  DW going with I-Ride has more to do with it stealing it from Brisbane because it was ready to go.  Brogent had everything in place and was about to build it themselfs in Brisbane for 20mil with Brogents own money.  DW came alone and struck a deal to move the project to DW.

November 3 2017 the Lord Mayor believed he had the project in the bag.

fffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff.thumb.PNG.90cd2cbe614d7e0ee453cc6d0df58aa1.PNG

3 hours ago, Roachie said:

Plans were different six months ago, just sayin’.

I know the plans were different six months ago.  You might have had a hand in it and unless DW says we will never know.  Ardent finding out Brisbane was about to get a simulator might have forced DW to take out the competition by taking on the project.

The good thing about the idea you had before it was announced is "it was a good one".

Edited by Skeeta

6 hours ago, red dragin said:

At the very least, remove the LIM and run a winch system like Superman. More reliable and much cheaper to run. Could also get the speed back up. 

Woah... that's very wrong on both counts I'm afraid. A hydraulic launch is very unreliable at ToT speeds and actually does cost a lot to run due to the pumps and chillers and maintenance. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Roachie said:

Just to de-rail this thread some more...

The Tower of Terror is one of my all time favourites, it's just a classic for me, AND i'd totally support removing it tomorrow because:

The other point I have is TOT part of a line up of a successful Dreamworld in 10 years time?  I don't think so.

Giant Drop, Wipeout and Hot Wheels also fail this test for me.

See I don’t see much life in TOT past 10 years into the future, But I do see Giant Drop as part of the line up for another 20 years, whether as giant drop or retrofitted to something new. Just because it’s not the tallest in the world anymore doesn’t make any less impressive. It’s one of those rides that really still make people shit their pants when looking at it.

• Like 3

Tower of Terror getting removed? 

Who in the right mind would get rid of Dreamworld's signature attraction and its only good coaster at this point in time? There's plenty of rides in the park that should be getting the chop well before that ride bites the dust (Hot Wheels and Wipeout are two of these)

Dreamworld needs to have built a decent coaster before it takes away the TOT. They can't just get rid of a coaster and leave 4 sub-par coasters as the only ones left over. Hot Wheels is on its last legs, Motocoaster is an embarrassment, Buzzsaw is average, and Madagascar is an ordinary off-the-shelf family coaster that has a track record for being mediocre (see how popular the ones in the States are and you'll understand what I mean). 

10 years down the road, we should be revisiting this question, but it's too early at this stage to be even a consideration.

Edited by XxMrYoshixX
  • Like 2

On 12/28/2017 at 8:36 PM, Brad2912 said:

@RobMac  So your answer to returning the park to success is to remove their signature ride in TOT2 and another family ride in MDMC? 

That is stupidity. 

NO...re-position it! Dreamworld was built to be a quality Themepark....whilst the ToT so dominates the auditory experience it impacts the ability of the overall park to do just that!

Who builds such a ride that runs right through the middle of the entire park.....that's true madness!

• Like 1

18 hours ago, RobMac said:

NO...re-position it! Dreamworld was built to be a quality Themepark....whilst the ToT so dominates the auditory experience it impacts the ability of the overall park to do just that!

Who builds such a ride that runs right through the middle of the entire park.....that's true madness!

That would be quite stupid to spend all that money just to reposition it.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 years later...
1 hour ago, webslave said:

Bit mind-blowing to think that a year prior he was one of the people in the gun for an old, self-engineered ride having killed people; and then a year later he's practicing necromancy on something like EMMR, and that a year later he'd be getting grilled at an inquest by the Coroner...

Sorry if I upset you - I didn't realise who he was, just figured he was someone who worked on the ride!