djrappa

Eureka Mountain Mine Ride reopening discussion

1,172 posts in this topic

sad thing is nothing may be done with the ride track any time soon - at all 

with it now been likely dreamworld - ardent been found at falt for the thunder river rapids accident 

there now up for a lot more $$$ been lost to law suits 

Seeing inside you get a pretty good understanding why the ride couldn't be opened without as it stood.

Anyone remember how hot it would get? It certainly felt like an exploding Mine! Just as well they DIDN'T have a Ride Op stationed at the top (like at WWF). How awful would that Shift be?

Frankly I'm amazed the err building was still standing for the most part. Track looks in surprisingly good nick but the actual supports might need a bit of re-reinforcing. It wouldn't surprise me if that Melted-Easter-Egg-Wire-Cage-Thing has been holding much of it together all these years😅

• Fountain of Improbability 1

Wow! I can't believe how quickly they are busting this thing down. I wish I was able to be there to see the fully exposed ride system when the rest of the mountain is finished being removed. I'll be living vicariously through all of the pictures that will undoubtedly be taken once the mountain is fully gone. 

3 hours ago, themeparkaddict said:

By the way, work is going on at Blue Lagoon.

Went on the giant drop in the morning. A digger was present on Blue Lagoon's old pool (now concrete)

Went on the giant drop before closing. The digger was gone.

Demolition work on blue lagoon is finally happening just a short 12 years after originally closing. 

More likely the digger is being used elsewhere, and was dropped on the blue lagoon slab since they use it for parking, and with the wet, dropping it in mud wasn't desirable. I'd suggest that the appearance of a digger at BL has nothing to do with any sort of BL removal.

Dreamworld certainly aren't wasting time ripping down eureka mountain. 

Something I haven't personally stopped thinking about is what DW said about the mine ride and river rapids last year in April (I think it was) when they were asked why was eureka still standing and one of the answers given was the fact that rapids depended on the mine carts and the mine carts depended on it, so in other if one was to go the other would too.

Dreamworld said it themselves its only the outside of the mountain being removed not anything else in the mountain meaning if the ride stays then at least some of TRRR has to stay, unless of course they have found a way around this.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Ashley said:

Dreamworld certainly aren't wasting time ripping down eureka mountain. 

Something I haven't personally stopped thinking about is what DW said about the mine ride and river rapids last year in April (I think it was) when they were asked why was eureka still standing and one of the answers given was the fact that rapids depended on the mine carts and the mine carts depended on it, so in other if one was to go the other would too.

Dreamworld said it themselves its only the outside of the mountain being removed not anything else in the mountain meaning if the ride stays then at least some of TRRR has to stay, unless of course they have found a way around this.

You mean like installing temporary support beams in the interim until the TRRR removal is complete and then installing permanent supports in their place?

Having a look today, not much has changed, except more of the roof taken off, bit more of the track exposed, you can definitely see the slight track gradient now that keeps the carts at speed, also spotted pieces of the track on the grass between the wire fence and TOT. Not sure what they are gonna do with em. (Excuse potato phone camera) :P

15098517742261670264732.jpg

15098518439971996470727.jpg

15098518684051769844242.jpg

1509851927176764622080.jpg

15098520073701476889586.jpg

15098520368111086183382.jpg

1509852069625987850684.jpg

1509852249935212118664.jpg

• Like 2

Those sections of track out on the grass are the maintenance track that ran between the ride's lift hill and the (now exposed) brick wall at the back of the cinema.clear the area around the mountain.

I wouldn't get too excited about them being out in the open like that, they've simply been moved to get it out of the way while they take down the mountain.