Accident during Stunt Driver show at Movieworld

Theme Park Girl

http://www.mygc.com.au/news/rider-injured-as-movie-world-stunt-goes-wrong/

Yikes! Glad it was nothing serious and hope the rider is ok. I guess it's all part of the job, occupational hazard when things don't always always go according to plan, but still scary nonetheless. I bet the crowd walked out pretty stunned :/

Edited by OceanGirl

The motor bikes have all been removed from the show now due to this. The were told that they needed to have a brand new show in the next morning that didn't include the bikes. Showtime have just pulled a few different hot rods and things from the garage and are using them in the show now. No official word yet but to my understanding it is a permanent move.

Bad month for the GC parks. Buzzsaw harness fails, now this.

Bad Month for GC Parks? It's not like Dreamworld/Movie World announced they closing down for good, besides we did get rumours that the Eurkea Mine Ride could reopen! Edited by The_Ninja_59

I'm guessing no radio contact and someone just messed up their timing. Hard to say who is at fault, but at a guess I'd say bike took his run too fast? But at the same time it may have been the car being too slow off the mark. Isn't the car supposed to come out and the bike go in behind it?

Well if the car is supposed to go first then the person calling the show either gave the right cue and the driver was late moving or the cue itself was called late. The last line of defence in the situation is the rider noticing the car wasn't where it was supposed to be and to be wary.

Obviously I don't know the blocking of the show so I can't comment with any sort of authority, and I'm not blaming anyone. Personally though I'm totally fine with the removal of the bikes, and to be honest, the point of this sort of show isn't to really put people in danger, but to simulate danger; to show the audience something that looks dangerous but is quite safe/easy. Anecdotally I've heard of a few decent crashes, and while the boys would be back on their bikes straight away regardless of if they were at Movie World or not, I think Movie World is right in this instance to say 'Thanks, but no more bikes'

If anything movie world need a all new show somthing like what police academy use to be back in the day

I can't be the only bloke who seems to think that this show just isn't worth watching anymore, when you can go see all the stunts that they do in the show with the cars and bikes at V8sc, Ekka, nitro circus.

If anything movie world need a all new show somthing like what police academy use to be back in the day

I can't be the only bloke who seems to think that this show just isn't worth watching anymore, when you can go see all the stunts that they do in the show with the cars and bikes at V8sc, Ekka, nitro circus.

The main difference is you have to pay (quite a lot) to get into those shows, and they're only once a year. At Movie World it's effectively free (or close enough as far as I'm concerned) and it's every day!

Yeah but it's not really a show worth coming back to.

That's it. For a park that's based on movies and special effects and all they can offer in a live action show is a Couple of cars doing figure 8's and get the back end a bit lose its a pretty big let down from days of shooting people throw the air like in police academy stunt show, it's been a big disappointment and it doesn't leve anyone walking away going like wow that was amazing there's nothing exciting about it. :(

Don't get me wrong, I like watching FMX and Motorsport shows, but, it's not really the right fit for a theme park. It seems like showtime had nothing better to do and the park wanted a quick and cheap bandaid fix. At least hwsd1 had somewhat of a movie element to it, well the original one, everything from hwsd1.5 kind of sucked.