Operations...

Noxegon

Spent today at Warner Bros. Though small, I was reminded of just how much I like the theming and the standard of rides. The new trains on Arkham look bizarre but work much better than the originals, and Green Lantern is great.

However, in terms of operational efficiency it was bordering on the embarrassing. Superman's one train was typically parked for about fifteen seconds in the loading station _before_ the operator filled up the loading gates. Green Lantern was similar; two trains parked and emptied before the gates were filled, then everyone was being given a spiel about seat belt first before lap bar. Arkham was being operated with two people, one in the control booth and the other checking all the restraints on her own – and there were repeated announcements about how all pockets must be empty ("even if they are velcro, button, zip - they must be empty").

I'd have gotten (at least) twice as many rides in if they were being run properly...

Green Lantern is normally run better but that seems to be the norm now for Superman. Will say I was there the same day and got lucky on Superman managing the single rider jump and bypassing most of the queue. Wild West and Scooby however were the opposite and run well. Didn't bother with Arkham as a queue the length of the ramp means a good 45-60 minute wait and limited on time meant it was an easy pass. If you haven't already been things should be better at Dreamworld if it is anything like Monday. Minimal waits for most rides when I was there around 3-4pm.

• 1 month later...