LuNA PaRK! >Now Open<

xtreme

I totally agree, the more trip reports and opinions the better. However, I would just like to think that people actually read all posts in a topic before adding their own post. Sometimes I feel like that doesn't happen. screammachine - one thing interesting about your report was what you mentioned regarding the 'homage' to the big dipper inside the old entry building. I didn't notice it last time I was there and will have to check it out next time. Features like that are good as it gives you a sense of history of the park which helps in creating atmosphere

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has the re-opening of the park bought about higher ticket prices? I remember when LPM re-opened individual ride tickets had been bumped up to $7.50. Is the Ski Slope Slide one of those things where you hang of a bar wearing a low friction suit and let go?(Like at Questacon in Canberra) Those things are really fun, and you never seem to get bored (There was one at School camp, so I was spending my free time there)

Is the Ski Slope Slide one of those things where you hang of a bar wearing a low friction suit and let go?(Like at Questacon in Canberra) Those things are really fun, and you never seem to get bored (There was one at School camp, so I was spending my free time there)
As Scharwz said the slide is made of wood. But its not a vertical slide. The first point of drop is just really steep. When you sit on the platform before you slide down, you legs litterally hang in mid air. (You guys should know what I mean ;) ) Gazza I know what you talking about its allot of fun. When I was back in school we went to a "summer camp" place that had one similar to those. Sorry Schawrz I dont have any photo's of the new LPS. My digital camera doesnt seem to like me that much. I'm getting it fixed up so it would actually take photo's...... Gazza to answe your questions about the prices. Here Is a price list I got from the Park..... Rotor: Red Luna's Carousel: Blue Luna's Ferris Wheel: Blue Luna's UFO: Red Luna's Slides: Yellow Luna's Giant Slide: Yellow Luna's Magic Castle: Green Luna's Green rides: 3 lunas Blue rides: 5 lunas Red rides: 6 lunas Its not the whole Rides List. But is should give you guys a fair idea about what the prices are.... :) It costs about $3 for three Luna's. Or you can buy a wristband for $35 (which is what me and my mates did). And you can go on as much rides and as many times as you like. Its more the money's worth than buying lunas.. :D Screammachine

I too have visited the new Luna Park and agree the park is looking in great shape, that is, if you compared it to the previous park. The park itself is a lot more inviting and 'carnival' like but what impressed me the most is the artwork on the main concourse (outside the big top entrance). And speaking of 'inviting'... the bar inside the Big Top Foyer is awesome. The park is a great addition to the Sydney skyline when lit at night and I whilst the Big Dipper is gone, the memory remains with information boards and pictures of the two big dippers. All in all great work to revive a Sydney icon! I would recommend anyone to visit the park for the atmosphere alone.

Yeah I would have to agree with a lot of screammachine's points. While there may be a fair bit the park still has to fix up, I do think there are a lot of positive aspects to the new development. Let's hope they fix up a few bugs, stay the course and develop it to its full potential

Hi guys Having just visited Luna Park yesterday I thought I might give my 2 cents worth. In a word...disappointing. I firstly agree with the view that they have opened WAY too early.....the Rotor and the Wild Mouse were not operating and to me look as if they will be down for some time to come.The restaurant being built on the harbour side of the park is nothing but a shell..god knows how long that is going to take to complete. The rides that were running..I must say i think that their placement in the park is quite unusual..esp the Spider and the Ranger. This back area seems quite cluttered and could be re-arranged to be much more user friendly. The Marquee that is currently at the back of Coney Island I think is an eyesore and should be removed to allow a rationalisation of this back area for better placement of rides. I fervently hope that they replace the huge Spider and Tumble bug facade's that were originally in front of these rides. :( As for rides i feel that they need at least 2 more major rides(be they flat rides or something else.)This would bring their ride complement equal with the previous park's incarnation and coupled with the inclusion of the regular shows would subscribe to better value. There is definitely room for at least 2 more rides...but the question is what?? Well thats the negative out of the way.... now for the positive. :D The park did have a fresh,bright new look which is visually appealing. The Big Top DOES look great. Most importantly for me though,is that the operators seem to have preserved the unique atmosphere of the place. :D The park was also fairly busy with quite a good turnout of people. So hopefully (fingers crossed), this venture turns out to be a success. Give the park 6 months to bring everything online and then we will all be in a better position to judge its future success. And Schwarz.. i love the slides in Coney Island..they are great fun...judging by the amount of people enjoying them yesterday they are also favourites for many others!!! :cool: Comments?? Cheers Jobe :)

• 2 weeks later...

I went there last Thursday. I was expecting more into the park, but there was only 2 rides I really liked, which was the UFO and Ranger. I never got to go on Rotor, since the queues were huge, and the ticket lines were huge as well! It went from the booth, outside the Luna face, then out to the Milson's Point wharf. Luckily, I found another ticket booth with a quite shorter queue at the other end of the park (Outside Tumble Bug), which I recieved my green bracelet thing for unlimited rides. The park is kept extremely clean. I saw no rubbish on the floor whatsoever, and the prices for food are extremely high! For a sausage sizzle, with onions and sauce, is $6! Meat Pies are around $4 as well.. Ridiculous..

• 10 months later...

Hey all just joined. Just wana say if you havent been to luna park. Its not the greatest thing but considering its like the only decent thing left in sydney then its ok. Its a fun place to go, esspecially if your a fan of old school rides. If you go during school holidays then we get new temproray rides in for the period, during the xmass hollidays we had a small version of the claw, however the seats face inwards and have 4 arms with 4 riders per arm. Working thier is great free rides pases whenever i want, and its true thier are plans for luna park. Keep and eye out. see yas

• 2 weeks later...