Scooby-Doo needs some love

aussienetman

Went back a few pages and couldnt find anything. Rode Scooby on Sunday and none of the animatronics in the ghost train section were working. So sad to see a brilliant well themed attraction just go to pieces. The wild mouse is looking good... but there is no smoke at all in there. Did they just give up on it?

Best Case Scenario for Scooby Queue: Interactive Queue Line

Realistic Scenario for Scooby Queue: Replace the old video with classic Scooby episodes (so it doesn't loop every 5 minutes)

What would really happen: Video stays the same

I don't mind the video when you are in a short queue, but I have a major problem with it when you are stuck in the queue hall for up to an hour and the featurette is being drilled into your psyche. I wish they would replace it with episodes of the show, so that way it isn't being repeated every 5 minutes, but I believe that there might be some issues with doing that.

^ I agree, I'm sick to death of that video whenever I go to Movie World. Surely they can play their own movie, or cement the rights to play some of the original cartoons.

As for the ride itself I have noticed some things not working or need fixing up in my last couple visits, such as some of the creatures in the "ghost train" portion of the ride not working and some of the scenery showing its age a bit. The thing I miss the most though was the original smoke and laser effect on the final drop. For those who never saw it or don't remember it used to use a green light and the smoke used to create almost a cone-like effect with the light and it looked awesome. Also is it me or did the block sections get trimmed up in recent years because they seem to be a lot more abrupt.

Best Case Scenario for Scooby Queue: Interactive Queue Line

Realistic Scenario for Scooby Queue: Replace the old video with classic Scooby episodes (so it doesn't loop every 5 minutes)

What would really happen: Video stays the same

I just have to agree here. But I what would be the activities in the line? Small touchscreen minigames? Character interactions with voice actors in another room? (they did this one year at E3 with Charles Martinet as Mario ect.)

I just have to agree here. But I what would be the activities in the line? Small touchscreen minigames? Character interactions with voice actors in another room? (they did this one year at E3 with Charles Martinet as Mario ect.)

Anything, really. Have you seen the interactive queue at the Haunted Mansion in the Magic Kingdom? Even that would be a million times better than the current set up

• 2 months later...

I was on it just after GL had its incident and the biggest disappointment for me was the barely audible music in the coaster portion. They used to blast that great remix of the Scooby theme, but it could only be heard faintly in the background when I was on it. I also miss the red strip lights that used to track down the walls and created an optical illusion that made the coaster feel much higher. I don't think there was any smoke either. And finally, the Scooby animatronic in the last room before the exit played dialogue but there was no mouth movement. Was this fixed too?

Edited by GoGoBoy