Tree Top Crazy Rider

Gazza

http://www.treetopcrazyrider.com.au/gallery

On the Central Coast of NSW a pair of steel rail flying foxes that are suspended from trees have opened. Unlike most flying foxes you don't run along a cable, rather a rail that can do helixes and turns.

One track is the worlds longest at 1km, the other 330m, prices start at $35 for the short one, $75 for the long one and $99 for both...Anyone planning on trying it out?

post-88-0-69099500-1424529979_thumb.jpg

post-88-0-39418500-1424530008_thumb.jpg

Greetings from somewhere over the Indian Ocean :)

Megan and I did these last week. I don't think they actually get that fast – they're more about length than overall speed – but they're great fun. Trip report will follow in due course, but I certainly recommend them.

It's also worth calling out that the harness/restraint design makes the ride feel a lot faster than it actually is.

Yep being so close to home will definitely give these a whirl!! Will post a trip report when I do-they look awesome! In related news, I will be visiting the Illawarra Fly ( and Jamberoo ) on the weekend and they have just opened up a new Zipline course. Will take some pics and report back on this and the day at Jamberoo.

• 2 weeks later...

You did post it - but I had thought it was the one referred to by Gazza on the Central Coast. I had no idea it was in Yarramundi (I used to live in Yarramundi about 2kms from this installation!)

But now that I think about it (given your TR included Scenic World) it makes a hell of a lot more sense than driving from the central coast to do one activity, and then to katoomba for another in a day.

You did post it - but I had thought it was the one referred to by Gazza on the Central Coast. I had no idea it was in Yarramundi (I used to live in Yarramundi about 2kms from this installation!)

But now that I think about it (given your TR included Scenic World) it makes a hell of a lot more sense than driving from the central coast to do one activity, and then to katoomba for another in a day.

There's only one tree top crazy rider "coaster" and its near Wyong.

The one at Yarramundi is just a conventional ropes course/cable flying fox park.