Gaming Collection

Jay Jay The Jet Plane

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...

anyone considering purchasing the Gold Mega Man amiibo when it comes out in Australia?, Nintendo told me it's due to come out very soon,

also picked the Animal Crossing amiibo, Wolf Link and Shovel Knight, the Skylander / amiibo DK and Bowser as well. pretty excited for Ryu and Roy later this month, 

cheers for the comment RabbitohsFan1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
4 hours ago, Theme Park Ninja said:

so what's everyone take on the Nintendo Switch? I think it's a really cool concept and will definitely pick one up at launch

I already have a Tegra powered tablet and the ability to buy a controller for it. There are only 2 things that will sway my decision. 

1- The exclusive games and if they're worthwhile

2- The ability to, and the availability of a softmod. 

Otherwise, no. Not interested. 

15 hours ago, AlexB said:

Just looking back at the photos from your previous post in this thread.... you spend way too much money on shit.

My brother has every amiibo released, has every PS version and Xbox version released, got the new PS4 VR setup the day it released ($550 retail)...  Has never spent a cent on any of it...  How do you know Ninja has spent a lot of money on this stuff...  And if it is what he has an interest in how is it shit?

My father has every model, figurine, episode, from every incarnation of Star Trek...  Hell he converted the two car garage and still has trouble fitting it all in there...  It is the envy of other collectors at any displays he attends...  I have a room full of muppet toys and books which I do my builds in...

People enjoy collecting different things...  If they can afford to do so why is it an issue?

Shit was used in the colloquialism meaning 'stuff', and wasn't meant to be derogatory, but by all means jump to his defense prematurely.

As for how I know he has spent a lot of money on it, he has referred to purchasing these, rather than aquiring them or obtaining them through non-monetary means on a number of occasions.

On 22/10/2016 at 7:28 AM, Theme Park Ninja said:

so what's everyone take on the Nintendo Switch? I think it's a really cool concept and will definitely pick one up at launch

I think if the company didnt make an absolute killing on pokemon, they just produced another device that would possibly bankrupt their console division.

You know the biggest thing nintendo should do? raise an online store/network. Start making/producing/licencing games for adults. Start porting your old games across to the CURRENT/NEW console you are offering. Start selling old classic games for under $10 each. Allow your new console to save them to data storage (hard drive or memory card) which can be recovered/transferred to new systems. Sit back and rake in the nostalgia gamers market. When will people actually start to realise that the people you are trying to market to actually grew up with your products? I can't remember the exact year, but there are a bunch of studies that show the average gamer is now into their 30's. They aren't kids, so how about they shift their focus a little? Its untapped potential.

Id buy one and spend a fortune just to play games like maniac mansion again. Yeah, I can just buy a cheap emulator that looks like a NES and fill it full of roms, but it's not the same and is still a bit buggy. Sell me a console I can settle arguments (and scores!) with and my credit card would go into melt down.

I think they missed out with the NES classic reissue. The idea was almost there. No scope for upgrades and you are stuck with the games they offer you in a pack killed it though.

Edited by Levithian

27 minutes ago, Levithian said:

You know the biggest thing nintendo should do? raise an online store/network. Start making/producing/licencing games for adults. Start porting your old games across to the CURRENT/NEW console you are offering. Start selling old classic games for under $10 each. Allow your new console to save them to data storage (hard drive or memory card) which can be recovered/transferred to new systems. Sit back and rake in the nostalgia gamers market. 

They did that on the Wii.

• 7 months later...
On 22 October 2016 at 0:30 PM, Reanimated35 said:

I already have a Tegra powered tablet and the ability to buy a controller for it. There are only 2 things that will sway my decision. 

1- The exclusive games and if they're worthwhile

2- The ability to, and the availability of a softmod. 

Otherwise, no. Not interested. 

Seeing that it's been three months since the Switch launched, would you say Nintendo has interested you with the concept of the console or are you sitting on the fence still?

I'm certainly not on the fence anymore. 

I bought the original Wii when it came out because it was an interesting and new concept.

I used it a bit because of the novelty. Then I stopped using it for months until I had the ability to soft mod it. After that it got a lot of use again. 

The Wii U, I bought a little while after launch. I think it was mainly because I wanted to play the new Mario kart and Bros games. A couple of other games popped up that me and my mate played through, but it has now sat dormant for several months. 

The Switch, I honestly forgot that existed until you made this post. This console and associated games hold extremely little interest for me and I can't say that I'd be bothered to pick one up at any point. I don't even have a desire to try one. 

Edited by Reanimated35

• 2 weeks later...

I'll buy a Switch when I don't have to drop $450 on it and when it gets good exclusive games. I bought Breath of the Wild on the Wii U. But, after having seen the exclusives at E3 like Mario Odyssey, Metroid Prime 4, Kirby, and Yoshi's Woolly World 2, I'm feeling more and more tempted to buy one. To be honest, I'm waiting for a price drop until I get one.

And don't get me started on them ripping us off on the pro controllers...

Edited by XxMrYoshixX