Roller Coaster Tycoon World

Reanimated35

I know this has been discussed in another thread however given that it's only 6-12 or so months away, I figure it could use its own thread.

So far it's looking great, but I just can't wait to see how they screw this up.

From the Steam page

FEATURES:

• Innovative Track Builder: Create the coolest and wildest coasters imaginable with our best track editor ever!
  • First-Time 3D Builder: For the first time, tracks can be fully manipulated in 3D.
  • Full Selection of Pre-Built Park Assets: Design your very own park with a plethora of choices of various rides, attractions, shops, decorations and more. Personalize your park by selecting different preset locations to build the ultimate theme park.
  • Additionally, Custom Scenery will be available as a free update post launch.
  • Ride Your Coasters: Climb aboard and ride your coasters using multiple camera angles, including first-person view.
  • Online and Single Player Modes: Play online with friends or other players by creating and saving new parks in the cloud and joining a theme park company; you can also play on your own in single player mode.
  • Run a Theme Park Company: Team-up with friends to create and run a theme park company and compete with others worldwide while earning rewards and climbing the global leaderboards.
  • Play with Friends: See the progress of your friend’s parks when connected through Steam or Facebook and watch them grow. Invite them to join your company and trade coaster designs!
  • Visit Other Parks: Enter and navigate other parks created by friends, and ride and rate their coasters and overall park.
  • Deformable Terrain: Bringing back a classic feature – the terrain will be completely deformable allowing players to build amazing rides and change the landscape as they do so in full 3D.
  • Steam Trading Cards: Collect, trade or sell Steam Trading Cards.
  • Full Park Management: Oversee different aspects of running a park to satisfy your park attendees and maximize your sales.

Requirements:

MINIMUM:

Processor: 2.3 Ghz Core i5

Memory: 4 GB RAM

Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 4000

DirectX: Version 11

Hard Drive: 10 GB available space

Additional Notes: Network connection is required for Steam authentication and multi-player

RECOMMENDED:

Processor: 2.00 Ghz Core i7 (or above)

Memory: 8 GB RAM

Graphics: Dedicated video card with 1 GB of RAM (or above)

DirectX: Version 11

Network: Broadband Internet connection

Hard Drive: 10 GB available space

Additional Notes: Network connection is required for Steam authentication and multi-player

Edited by reanimated35

This is a perfect example why we'll never see: (or at least certainly should never see)

>Half-Life 3

>Portal 3

>Left 4 Dead 3

Atari should have left it to die when it went bankrupt, or at least sell it (the rights) to Frontier or someone like that who could do it justice.

RCTM was an absolute failure with it's micro-transactions.

The franchise should be left to rot how it was originally after Soaked and Wild came out.

I'm not holding much hope for next year's "Coaster Park Tycoon" but we'll see how Frontier goes with that one.

Theme Park Studio was a let down for me too.

^ Likewise but would you expect much more from the developers of Hyper Rails? They did promise the world and it did look good in screenshots but my oh my do they need to go to UI school.

I'm quietly confident in Frontier. They've developed a couple similar non-realistic theme park games but at least they were clear with their target market. I think they'll be laughing at and learning off the mistakes of RCTW

• 1 year later...

Ok, so I've just tried the RCTW alpha and I must say. WOW! 

The realism is incredible! 

Well I assume it is anyway, I mean I've never ridden a rollercoaster during an earthquake before, but this looks about right. 

I think it should be renamed to "Roller Coaster Tycoon Whoalookouttheresanearthquake"

Specs for reference: 

specs.JPG

Edited by reanimated35

• 1 month later...

that's four hours that you will be getting back... :P 

ok here are my impressions on the game.. ok first of all...

- what the fuck did they do with peeps? the Miis on the Wii look better than this,  

- coaster editor can be frustrating at times, 

- have I already mentioned the peeps are shit? 

will post pictures of my park tomorrow,

let's hope the game gets better very soon, and I hope it lives up to the same legacy as RCT3 did, (which I'm not counting on) and it's a lot more better than RCT on the 3DS

Edited by The_Ninja_59