Dreamworld lacks a signature coaster

Noxegon

I was discussing this with Megan yesterday evening.

We think that Dreamworld really lacks a signature coaster – especially when compared to Warner Bros just up the road.

The park looks great in so many ways, but it struck us that it could be brought to a whole new level with Australia's first B&M... or perhaps a Mega Lite...

*groan*

You're not the first, and certainly won't be the last to suggest Dreamworld be home to Australia's first B&M.

Couple things though - they'll never have the budget for a good one, and there are some cheap B&Ms out there that are questionable at best. I'd rather they stuck with buying a top shelf ride from a bottom shelf manufacturer, rather than the other way around.

*Disclaimer - I am not implying by any sense that the manufacturer of some of Dreamworld's recent additions is in any way 'substandard' they just aren't regarded as the 'cadillac' as much as most people do for a B&M.

This....I think the best B&M you might expect from DW might be something Krake sized (Unless they decided to just do a random large investment out of the blue)

Personally, I think rides that the small to medium sized European parks show the way....Karacho, Alpina Blitz, Piraten, Lynet....All stuff Id very much enjoy seeing, and I think realistic.

Edited by Gazza

For the vast majority, B&M's are great because for the extra money a park would spend they get the very best in capacity and the ability to handle intense seasonal crowds, a problem none of our parks will never run into.

If I were Dreamworld, i'd gut Blue Lagoon and throw in one of Intamin's Accelerator (inverting) coasters or Vertical Lift coasters. It's definitely a great, marketable investment when you consider that Superman Escape's only missing (atleast in the public eyes') is that it doesn't go upside down.

If we are talking about redeveloping the blue Lagoon area for a new rollercoaster would you include it as part of rocky hollow and theme it accordingly. Not sure what you could theme it too as presently the log ride and giant drop aren't really matched in theme IMO.

Blue Lagoon was a separate themed land when it existed - I see no reason why they couldn't create a new theme suitable to the attraction, and popup a few amenties, outlets etc around it to suit... thereby also giving them another alternative theme to work with when considering future attractions, instead of "what else can we fit into Ocean Parade" (Answer: Nothing).

This....I think the best B&M you might expect from DW might be something Krake sized (Unless they decided to just do a random large investment out of the blue)

Personally, I think rides that the small to medium sized European parks show the way....Karacho, Alpina Blitz, Piraten, Lynet....All stuff Id very much enjoy seeing, and I think realistic.

I agree that these types of coasters are more within DW'S budget

I'd love to see a ride similar to the Smiler or Takabisha on the Blue Lagoon land. Really any top-shelf Eurofighter that is not similar to Saw (hence Abyss).

A pipe dream would be an Intamin prefab woodie similar to T-express.

A total pipedream Edited by Ryno

Blue Lagoon was a separate themed land when it existed - I see no reason why they couldn't create a new theme suitable to the attraction, and popup a few amenties, outlets etc around it to suit... thereby also giving them another alternative theme to work with when considering future attractions, instead of "what else can we fit into Ocean Parade" (Answer: Nothing).

I may be wrong but I am sure that most of the shops and facilities in the area are still there, wouldn't be hard to re-purpose them for a new ride. Maybe even add a station for the train.

Blue Lagoon won't get a much needed makeover until Big Brother gets axed. You can't build a roller-coaster there while Big Brother is airing - it will make too much noise. I'm aware Blue Lagoon operated while Big Brother was on as I did have my first job at Blue Lagoon's Fat Fish (I got to take food to a secret kitchen in the house but it was after the season finished). Blue Lagoon was a lot quieter that a coaster would be.

I do agree about what's been said. You can build a whole new world down there with a few awesome rollercoasters, even darks rides and much more. There is tons of land, it can be bigger than Blue Lagoon, and they should add a train station to make it easier to access. Best if they put the stream train back as it's faster and more efficient (and a real train!).

As much as i enjoy watching big brother i find it a little bit boring since the stopped the live games thing That they use to do. But even then i could see they were starting to run dry on ideas for the games anyway. So to be honest it wont worry me at all to see the Big Brother House disapear. Or even moved somewhere else. I dont watch it anymore.

Im just waiting for the day BB crashes and burns.

Sorry was a former fan.

Not anymore

Edited by zacsta_1997

last years BB was SHIT, no humour from housemates. all the housemates did is cry, I don't want to see BB return forever on TV, This is coming from a guy who has watched every single series since it's launch in 2001. now excuse me please, I have to train my Villager Amiibo..