Dreamworld lacks a signature coaster

Noxegon

I so hope DW replaces the Buzzsaw with this:

Then add a nice mega lite at least with some good air.

Super compact but thrilling inverting coaster, and megalite in place of cyclone. Done. Would be awesome, no?

Personally I'd be in heaven and move to Queensland then LOL.

The only problem with buzzsaw is that it only completes one circut.

I'd settle for a decent coaster at Dreamworld, with the amount of money they've spent on coasters recently I think they could have done a lot better for the $$$ they spent. In non-enthusiasts eyes, they probably see Tower of Terror as the centrepiece, even if it is mediocre in the greater scheme of things -coaster wise. I think an Outlaw Run style RMC coaster or perhaps Kentucky's Kingdom's cheaper version of a mega-lite might be realistic.

OG - As a coaster, TOTII is sorely lacking.

When it was built, it was a great attraction, a record breaker - but in reality - it's experience is nothing more than a relatively fast shuttle coaster - without inversion, or any particularly good experience. It is the quintessential 'one-trick pony' fast-up-down-brakes... and quite obviously so - with the need to 'reinvent' it by reversing the car.

If that is Dreamworld's Signature Coaster - it's probably quite fitting - relatively good at going fast in one direction, followed by slowly going backwards the same way that they have come. Most of Dreamworlds more modern additions are one-trick ponies. They've certainly tried to shake off that image of late - giving love to old classics - but when I think 'signature coaster' I think i view it similarly to the OP - a full circuit, experiential coaster that has infinite re-rideability, and is what the park is renowned for. You need ALL of those factors for something to be considered the park's "Signature" in my opinion.

I get what you mean, Alex. None of these newer coasters have been a worthy replacement for the Thunderbolt, which *was* Dreamworld's iconic coaster once apon a time. Especially when it comes to track length.... it feels like these current ones are a "blink and miss" experience compared to TB and many others out there -_-

^Agreed Flea - but TB was 'the' icon for Dreamworld once upon a time. The loops were the only major attraction visible from the highway, and they certainly made an impact - especially as the heralded 'double looper'.

As a coaster itself it was rough as guts, but in a way - it was 'classic' dreamworld and would easily fit the description I gave above (ie: full circuit, experiential, park is renowned for it - only questionable factor would be the 're-rideability' - however i'd argue in it's hey day it was THE most popular attraction in the park.)

Yes because replacing 4 year old rides is so Profitable?

Guys I didn't mean i even thought it had a small chance of happening, it was just my pipe dream of how dreamworld could have 2 great coasters. If they had put the extended x car version instead of the standard skyloop, that would have been good enough too.

The premier coaster I showed is actually a very exciting ride, as i said was just a pipe dream.