Where is Superman at Movieworld?

triplex23

Probably hearsay, but I recall something being said about the reason why he doesn't appear is because of some incident overseas where a park guest ?shot? Superman given his apparent powers.

Of course a cast member in a costume wasn't fast enough to stop it.

So on that basis the character doesn't appear... that's my recollection anyhow.

That's pretty bizarre reasoning if that's the case. And it doesn't make any sense.

What if someone shoots at the Flash expecting him to outrun the bullet, or shoots at Wonder Woman expecting her to use her bracelets to deflect it?

And doesn't Supergirl have the same powers?

On further reflection I actually remember it having to do with licensing.

I think DC does not licence the superman character to be portrayed as a roaming character. (This has obviously changed at some point, or may not apply to a still photo shoot). My understanding is Superman is also missing from all overseas parks with DC licensing (Six Flags etc)

If i'm not mistaken, the reason is that Superman always has to be seen "flying" and obviously a roaming character can't do that. It is why Superman has the flaps between the load / unload station as it's meant to prevent guests from seeing him motionless. At least that's what I was told when I was trained on the ride in 2012.

Although many of us dislike the roof, and the effect it has on the overall 'theme' of main street - you have to admit that the Park has come leaps and bounds in it's many nighttime events and activities - many things that they could not have done whilst being slave to unpredictable queensland weather. With the roof they have some guarantee that they can run consistent night events, fully and immersively lit - we wouldn't have White Christmas, or Carnivale, and Fright Nights would not have been as big - without it.

All MW needs is one more nighttime seasonal event - They have Halloween for Spring, White Christmas for Summer, Carnivale for Autumn - now all we need is a winter festival of some sort, and they're set (they can even use the fake snow facade additions from white christmas)... what franchises are available that would suit (or better yet another generic franchise like carnivale?)

Although many of us dislike the roof, and the effect it has on the overall 'theme' of main street - you have to admit that the Park has come leaps and bounds in it's many nighttime events and activities

Couldn't agree with you more. I thought the roof was a horrid, awful looking thing when they were building it that was going to destroy the atmosphere but much to my surprise they've taken a practically arbitrary fixture in the park and really harnessed it's potential. The simple fact that they can trap such a large amount of fog for so long really adds to the atmosphere and offers a pretty huge potential for creative visual & lighting possibilities.

To be fair you can't see the characters in Justice league and in the park at the same time because it's inside.

Kind of like having two santas at opposite sides of a shopping centre.

But you could definitely see superman on the back of the train whilst he was standing in front if you at the fountain.