Seaworlds New Kids Area Announced

Cooper Olsen

Took the family down to Sea World yesterday to check it out.

7 year old daughter loved the theming (particularly Sponge Bob parts).  She surprisingly liked the mini coaster thing.

Not-quite-4 year old daughter thought the mini coaster was 'boring'.  I can't say I blame her ;) 

Both liked the spinning sub-marine (I didn't go go it, but my husband thought it much better than the Big Red Boat).

Neither were interested in the banana-plane things.  

Everyone enjoyed the Ninja Turtle flying pedal bikes.  Both adults would have liked just a little more resistance on the pedals.  I loved the 'pizza toppings' herb garden around it.

A HUGE gripe with the area was the lack of shade over the ride queues.    They seemed to have the big shade sails over the rides themselves, but you had to stand and wait to get on in full sun.  Being the first really warm weekend, I'd hate to think how hot it'll get in queue in a few more weeks.    

A HUGE gripe with the area was the lack of shade over the ride queues.    They seemed to have the big shade sails over the rides themselves, but you had to stand and wait to get on in full sun.  Being the first really warm weekend, I'd hate to think how hot it'll get in queue in a few more weeks.    

I think none of our parks are truly up to date with the cancer and sunburn relationship.

• 2 weeks later...

went to SW today for around an hour today before heading off to MW, I thought NL was fantastic, the detail in the area is very well done and it looks much better then Beach Break Bay

before any asks if Dockside Tavern was open, Dockside Tavern wasn't open still, here's a quick update on that image.thumb.jpg.965d9d63199879bbe0dff411

• 2 weeks later...

So its been a couple of week since I visited the park and quickly checked out if any changes had been made to the area. There weren't any major differences, except a 'ring of fire' had been added at the top of the first drop of the coaster, the dora show had a new sign and the TMNT stage area had a basketball hoop installed. 

Does anyone know what the other rollercoaster (featured in that big mural photo on the wall) was?

Overall, I don't mind the new decor having seen it today, and I'm pleased they've not only kept some historical photos that were there previously, but also added the big mural on the wall too.

However, the menu is the same as before (with the possible addition of Beef Rib Eye (so long as you don't mind it with mushroom sauce, which I hate). Minimum $20 for even something as basic as a burger or fish & chips.

Too expensive for one person. Absolutely insane prices for families. No new, affordable and tempting meals.

menu is the same as before (with the possible addition of Beef Rib Eye (so long as you don't mind it with mushroom sauce, which I hate). Minimum $20 for even something as basic as a burger or fish & chips.

Too expensive for one person. Absolutely insane prices for families. No new, affordable and tempting meals.

$20 is pretty typical for a pub meal right?

In my experience too. For the quality of the meals I'd be willing to pay $12 MAX, and as a member I'd expect a discount on that, so realistically I'd be happy to pay $9 to $10 tops.

Since it's not, I simply don't eat at the parks (although I have on a few occasions, which is how I know what the quality is)

Edited by pushbutton

Considering the price of food at every other major food outlet in every park on the GC, i think $20 is perfectly reasonable for a sit-down dining area, with the location and views it offers, not to mention the brand new fit out.

Gosh, who'd have thought - another discussion where Push gets it wrong. 

Im going to make what will probably be viewed as a very unpopular opinion - but personally I feel like anyone who says 'blah blah price blah blah that's why I don't eat at the parks' is an asshole - especially if that asshole has an annual pass. You get in for next to nothing per day, and you can't spring a little extra to actually enjoy what the park is made to do? Suspend everyday?

Ok fine - if you're park hopping, or just dropping in - thats different. But if you're there for the day - eat there. Don't pass out halfway through to go across the road to McDonalds... geezus... and people wonder why the parks aren't building new attractions!

Of course - if that statement is 'blah blah quality blah blah' - thats a different story - but i think all of the parks have been upping their game in that department of late....

as a member I'd expect a discount on that

THIS is what is wrong with the current pricing structure for the parks - they've conditioned everybody to expect so much for so little.

Considering the price of food at every other major food outlet in every park on the GC, i think $20 is perfectly reasonable for a sit-down dining area, with the location and views it offers, not to mention the brand new fit out. 

Im going to make what will probably be viewed as a very unpopular opinion - but personally I feel like anyone who says 'blah blah price blah blah that's why I don't eat at the parks' is an asshole - especially if that asshole has an annual pass. You get in for next to nothing per day, and you can't spring a little extra to actually enjoy what the park is made to do? Suspend everyday?

Ok fine - if you're park hopping, or just dropping in - thats different. But if you're there for the day - eat there. Don't pass out halfway through to go across the road to McDonalds... geezus... and people wonder why the parks aren't building new attractions!

Of course - if that statement is 'blah blah quality blah blah' - thats a different story - but i think all of the parks have been upping their game in that department of late....

I agree with you in theory but it is a quality issue for me. I generally find food in theme parks to fall in between fast food and pub standard in terms of quality, which makes it too expensive. 

I think the parks should take an 'if you build it they will come approach' and increase the quality of food and reduce the price. 

We saw a similar thing down here in Mexico this year at the MCG. Food and drink prices were high and quality low and crowds and spending was down despite low ticket entry prices. 

They dropped the prices and increased the quality and choice and crowds and sales have sky-rocketed as a result. 

I don't often it food at theme parks, and will just bring my own and go out to the car to eat it. But the food I've had different experiences. I expect the prices to be what they are, even if it isn't worth that much, but theme parks have always had food at a higher price. The other week I had to calamari and chips at SW (from up near the front gate), the chips were fine, but calamari wasn't the best. It was $14, and it didn't overly fill me either. But at MW and DW I've had pretty good experiences. I've had a couple of different burgers from the Gotham City and have had the Ricks Cafe Buffet, and I thought they were both really good, good price and filling, particularly Ricks Cafe. Since DW have upgraded their food outlets, I find the ones that they have, the food choices and quality is much better. At DW I've had a slice of pizza from Doughs Bros, and the one slice is huge and I would class as half of a normal size pizza. It was filling, good quality and had a reasonable price.