Seaworlds New Kids Area Announced

Cooper Olsen

Beach Break Bay will permanently close on 20 April to make way for a brand new kid’s area opening later in 2015. The expanded multimillion dollar precinct will feature Sea World’s first ever mini rollercoaster plus an array of kid-sized rides. The fun filled zone will replace the current kid’s area and will include four brand new rides plus some of your favourites like the iconic carousel.

In my opinion I would say that the new kids area will take up the red area, with the roller coaster taking up the blue area (Green area being COTD).

post-29557-0-46273700-1429412168_thumb.j

I think it would be good if they did theme it around Nickelodeon, but as said the license won't last, so I think a neutral theme like what they have now would be fine.

Edited by themagician

Movie World did just get a rather expensive and elaborate kids ride.

It's good to see Sea World's kids area addressed, it's been looking rather sad for a while. The rumor mill suggests a pretty good collection of kids rides that almost border on family rides and are visually interesting. I think from a ride point of view though the parks more pressing issue is it's thrill ride line up. It needs 2 good thrill rides to balance things out.

In my opinion I would say that the new kids area will take up the red area, with the roller coaster taking up the blue area (Green area being COTD).

Screen Shot 2015-04-19 at 12.51.40 pm copy.jpg

I think it would be good if they did theme it around Nickelodeon, but as said the license won't last, so I think a neutral theme like what they have now would be fine.

The blue area is the reclaimed land isn't it? They could do a great kiddie coaster (zierer) in that area, not a wacky worm. I wish they would a small scale Verbolten, but realistically speaking that probably isn't going to happen.

If the new kiddie coaster is a Zamperla kiddie coaster (like the one at AW) i will be required to burn the park to the ground.

Edited by XxMrYoshixX

I do hope you're wrong about the 'total' area Magician - I think the children's area size is decent. If we're going to insert a new coaster - they're going to need a little more land - but it will be very disappointing if they use ALL of that area for the kid's section. SW's land is expensive real estate and the park can't afford to be wasteful with what they've got.

I think we need to bear in mind that COTD isn't likely to be permanent - only 'long term'. If the Kids area separates the COTD area and the old SeaScrewCorkViper area, it removes the possibility of the park doing something 'large' next time. I hope the new area doesn't sever a connection between two large vacant plots of land.

That said, the old viper plot would be my bet for the new children's area... it already has power and services run to it - it wouldn't take much to expand on that - whereas the reclaimed area is all virgin land.

The blue area is the reclaimed land isn't it?

This shows how much land was reclaimed:

post-29557-0-70316300-1429439971_thumb.p post-29557-0-33498600-1429440012_thumb.p

I do hope you're wrong about the 'total' area Magician - I think the children's area size is decent. If we're going to insert a new coaster - they're going to need a little more land - but it will be very disappointing if they use ALL of that area for the kid's section.

That said, the old viper plot would be my bet for the new children's area

I also hope that they don't use all of that land that I outlined, but I'm thinking that they will. I don't think that the will use SV old site, for me it just seems out of place and too tucked away for flat rides and small coaster. I'm imagining that this upgrade will be like DW's upgrade to their kids area, they will re-arange the rides and install a few more rides. But for an additional 4 rides including a kids coaster, I don't think that the left side of the reclaimed land will be enough. Just my opinion