Seaworlds New Kids Area Announced

Cooper Olsen

So I've taken a break from this site for a while since a certain precious flower poster suddenly graced these boards with his presence, but I thought I'd log back in after seeing that RCDB added an entry for this new kids coaster and claimed that it will be manufactured by Zamperla. It'll probably just be one of their standard "family gravity coasters", since that'd be the cheapest and easiest option, rather than something custom. Tiny little ride, but it does the job I suppose.

Example of what to expect:

22pra585ocl1mdn08lg001.jpg

EDIT: So yeah, like the one at Adventure World, MrYoshi. Oops.

Edited by alex_1

Oh finally... there's the public announcement about the new kiddy coaster & area I was posting about on here months ago lol. About time Seaworld let the cat out of that bag :P

Although its not being built where I suspected... I thought it would be in the old corkscrew/pirate area lol. But that's where the Creatures of the Deep attraction is going, isn't it?

Edited by OceanGirl

I was there over the weekend and I could see several "Creatures of the Deep" taking shape where Dinosaur Island previously was. So that's not where Sea Viper was, unless it will be across both these areas (which in my opinion would be far too big for it).

Anyway where is the new kids area going to be?

the new kids area will be where the current one stands + some of the reclamed land beside

So I've taken a break from this site for a while since a certain precious flower poster suddenly graced these boards with his presence, but I thought I'd log back in after seeing that RCDB added an entry for this new kids coaster and claimed that it will be manufactured by Zamperla. It'll probably just be one of their standard "family gravity coasters", since that'd be the cheapest and easiest option, rather than something custom. Tiny little ride, but it does the job I suppose.

Example of what to expect:

22pra585ocl1mdn08lg001.jpg

EDIT: So yeah, like the one at Adventure World, MrYoshi. Oops.

Bugger I thought it would be something like Arctic Blast at Ocean Park Hong Kong.

A few photos from today.

Most of the rides have already been dismantled, and it looks as though Creatures of the Deep will adjoin this area as a new path has been constructed which appears to link the two areas.

I noticed the ampitheatre is not included in the fenced off area, so it looks like it will be left untouched.

I wonder what will become of the blue and yellow building which housed the surf shop.

post-2733-0-71624300-1429953974_thumb.jp

post-2733-0-31556500-1429954000_thumb.jp

post-2733-0-87418900-1429954089_thumb.jp

post-2733-0-69639000-1429954118_thumb.jp

post-2733-0-45296000-1429954148_thumb.jp

post-2733-0-78329900-1429954177_thumb.jp

Edited by pushbutton

No. It's almost like it was with the Sea Viper. The minute it closed they were obliterating it.

Still though. Better than leaving it SBNO for ages like they did with poor old Bermuda Triangle (I die a little bit inside whenever I think about what became of that wonderful ride).

Just a thought, but there's a mini Movie World in their kids area, and a mini Wet & Wild in it's kids area. So I wonder if the new Sea World Kids area will be a mini version of Sea World?

Here are a couple of ideas I have had for Sea World for a family area and a kids area. I thought of both before we knew that the kids area was being redeveloped and before we knew where Creatures of the Deep was going to be located. This is all blue sky stuff that I really don't think will happen, but I thought I would share none the less.

Someone earlier in the thread suggested a Paradise Pier-esque area. I've thought a general seaside boardwalk section would work well for a while now. It would fit on the reclaimed land that Creatures of the Deep is going to utilise and have a few family rides on the water's edge that you could see across the lake when you enter the park. I was initially thinking a relocated Carousel, plus a set of Flying Scooters and a Wave Swinger would be good choices. When cycling, the latter two rides would splay out over the edge of the boardwalk. The rest of the waterfront side of the boardwalk would have some seated areas. On the other side of the boardwalk along the park's boundary you would have a line of buildings, namely a fish and chips shop, a merchandise shop, and a couple of relocated carnival games (obviously have a bit more effort put into them than the current set of games).

The second area that I was thinking of was a SpongeBob-themed Bikini Bottom area. This is an idea I had when Sea World first acquired the Nick licenses so I thought it would be a good re-theme of the kids area. Some of the existing rides would remain and be rethemed to things like the boating school (convoy, with new "boat" vehicles) and jellyfishing (aero top jet, with new jellyfish vehicles). Not sure what would be the best thing to do with the frog hopper or Heege tower but I'm sure you could find something to theme them to with the help of Google. A Davy Jones' themed Zamperla Rockin' Tug installation wouldn't go astray either. To wrap up the area I'd say a Krusty Krab restaurant and a replica of Spongebob's pineapple house would be musts.

Anyway, bringing this back on topic a bit, the only thing I think that has a slim chance of coming true from that described above is that one of the new kids rides is a Rockin' Tug. I also think the suggestions that the new coaster would be a 80STD by Zamperla are on track too. Regardless, it's good to see Sea World putting in a bit of money to renovate this area which has really only had minimal changes since opening in 1999.

I agree with you to almost every detail, themeparkgc.

A boardwalk theme could play homage to Australia's history of seaside amusement parks. Don't think the carousel would need to be moved, but I whole heartedly agree to Flying Scooters and a Wave Swinger. There's just something really magical about gliding over gardens and near water that is just fantastic, especially when the sun starts to set. Also, I think they should redo the Surf Shop into something a bit "younger". Maybe a toy store?

As for the Spongebob license, I'm 50/50. I think it's great to use what they've got, but if it's half-assed then it's not going to do the park any favours. A rocking tug would be a great addition, but what about a Demolition Derby? They look like they could be really quite fun if done right. An 80STD would be nice, but my heart wants something a bit bigger (I gotta remember that I'm not the target audience in this new addition).

One last thing, what about a Mack Sea Storm? Looks like a fun twist on a classic fairground ride.

Edited by Zanstabar

A good kids coaster can be a well-disguised masterpiece. Something you can get anyone to ride, but still provide a decent experience.

SW have a really good chance for some world class theming here. The atmosphere can make or break a kids' area. Will the older folk bear to stand around while their kids ride everything all day? Will the kids bombard parents with requests to keep going back to the area all day?

A good kids coaster can be a well-disguised masterpiece. Something you can get anyone to ride, but still provide a decent experience.

SW have a really good chance for some world class theming here. The atmosphere can make or break a kids' area. Will the older folk bear to stand around while their kids ride everything all day? Will the kids bombard parents with requests to keep going back to the area all day?

I couldn't agree more!

Let's hope they've really put some thought into this.

Edited by pushbutton